Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

The title of the thread is Live Trading and General Chat Lounge so I don't see what the problem is/was - but hey it's your thread. I get more from BBmac's analysis than any live call - as for the live calls they are mainly late anyway as that is the nature of a threaded forum when people's 1st priority is to actually place the trade/stop etc...I doubt very much whether anyone is following the live calls as trading signals - but more insightful analysis should be welcomed from which folk may make their own trading decisions....I'm a beginner but I thought that it is always far better to know why people trade where they do isn't it ?

Morning guys

The last few days on the thread has seen what we dont really want. It is supposed to be al ive call thread and chat about those trades. I welcome BBmacs analysis as I feel having one experienced person providing analysis is not a problem. So please lets get back to its intended purpose. For this reason I have asked for several posts of drivel to be removed.

The title of the thread is Live Trading and General Chat Lounge so I don't see what the problem is/was - but hey it's your thread. I get more from BBmac's analysis than any live call - as for the live calls they are mainly late anyway as that is the nature of a threaded forum when people's 1st priority is to actually place the trade/stop etc...I doubt very much whether anyone is following the live calls as trading signals - but more insightful analysis should be welcomed from which folk may make their own trading decisions....I'm a beginner but I thought that it is always far better to know why people trade where they do isn't it ?

You are quite correct, chasel, there is very little point in recording sold this, bought that without some explanation of the trade rationale. You will see in the early part of the thread that flash detailed his method (with pretty pictures :)) so all his trades can be seen in that context (unless he says otherwise) without the need for continual explanation.

Others do likewise, but one or two just litter the place with meaningless calls with no explanation of trade rationale etc. That seems a waste of everyone's time.

Guys, I know this is the live calls thread, But your so a friendly bunch, I have a question about T2W, I'm sure one of you can help me

The timings on my screen, are all to pot.... Barjons post reads 1.06, whilst here its 11.06, Can't see where I can change it, any advice gratefully received. Cheers guys

Guys, I know this is the live calls thread, But your so a friendly bunch, I have a question about T2W, I'm sure one of you can help me

The timings on my screen, are all to pot.... Barjons post reads 1.06, whilst here its 11.06, Can't see where I can change it, any advice gratefully received. Cheers guys

go to "settings" - "edit options" - scroll down to "date and time" and fiddle about there.

You are quite correct, chasel, there is very little point in recording sold this, bought that without some explanation of the trade rationale. You will see in the early part of the thread that flash detailed his method (with pretty pictures :)) so all his trades can be seen in that context (unless he says otherwise) without the need for continual explanation.

Others do likewise, but one or two just litter the place with meaningless calls with no explanation of trade rationale etc. That seems a waste of everyone's time.

I agree it is a waste of other people's time , but you can make live calls but can't sit down and write a 200 word essay and charts with your rationale behind trades , there are often 50 trades a day ..For that you need an educational live thread.

I won't post in this thread any more.

It's a good thread - and on that basis I'll post up the key here (once) to any post and analysis I may make containing a chart.

My aim here when I post is to give a heads up to levels etc that may be of interest...similarly to event risks that may move the market such as today's Boe/MPC rate and Qe decision at 12 noon London;

Last Boe MPC vote was 6-3 so we could well see Qe extended in the announcement at 12 noon and there is an outside chance of a drop in the rate ?...any extension to Qe will likely see a downside reaction in gbpusd on the knee-jerk (+?)

It is a Live calls thread though and I don't want to get in the way so will restrict my postings in future.

G/L

Attachments

• key.jpg
    key.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 115

As I stated I welcome BBmacs analysis and hope he continues,but too much of it is not needed and can be put to better use elsewhere. As for the trades been late or ambiguous,that is one of the reasons I made the post. All trades are meant to be posted when they are taken and with a stop stated. Most are never more than a couple of pips out. A couple of pips when so called scalping is a lot. Chase,the main problem is that if we start to slip from the idea of the thread,then it loses its purpose. Its not my thread as you put it,I just started it and most on here want it the way it is. It doesn't matter if every trade called is a loser,what matters is that it is mainly a thread with live calls and not a journal.. Yes you can learn a lot more from the reasons behind a trade and most on here will glady part with that info.

do you have a target zen ------ in 1.3019 stop -15 trg +15 ( sorry a bit late with call)

This one is a bit of a gamble, but not as the first one BP
It seems like gbp/usd is turning, but I was too late (big distance to the stop). eur/usd and gbp/usd were correlated in their recent drop, so I would expect eur/usd to turn as well - I don't think they are going to change the rate anyway. I would expect it to reach 1.3100 or more if I'm not wrong about eur/usd's direction.

We'll see at 12:45 and maybe at 13:30?

Last edited: