Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Morning all,
Back from holiday
need to make back all the money wife gave away to the french.
usd/cad is near a monthly support point and all the stochs look good for a buy.
buying @ 9934
stop 30 points

I' gotta say the usd/cad has been truly testing my patience recently. Having said that I too am long at 9940. Stop at 9910. Target 10030.

The markets operate to cause the most pain to largest amount of participants...I should probably just get short after your last statement flash!

Not a live trade so apologies in advance
Dollar index is rising so effectively we are buying US strength.

put it back,i missed it[/QUOTE

:cheesy: bloody hell that was a short hol., (tight A--e :D) did you manage to get any water from the well ? as for internet connection the pic
images
says it all :devilish:

I have to say that I think your risk/reward ratio is nuts!

You are right but let me explain one fact about fx trading:

Random price movement: This is the most complicated aspect in fx trading and this is the reason many traders claim that brokers hunt their stop.

Whether you are gunning for 100pips oe 10pips, you need to place your stop loss above safe supp/res levels because tight stop loss is usually hit and you will end up giving away precious dollars to intermittent spikes associated with price action.

So when i place such stop loss, i don't ever wait for that level to get tested but i exit sooner as long as i see a clear sign of trend change.

Have you ever seen a case where you place a sell and price suddenly moves 50pips against you just to get you stopped out then later reverse and move your way?

I understand my supp/res levels so well so in fx trading just follow your trading rules and as long as it works for you. cool. This is a strategy i have been testing for sometime now and so far so good.
https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/30pips-hacker/349461

Last edited:
below is the trade, but red news coming......how do you guys work with red news, wait for it to pass, take smaller position, other?

EURUSD
short 2322
SL -30
TP +130ish

below is the trade, but red news coming......how do you guys work with red news, wait for it to pass, take smaller position, other?

EURUSD
short 2322
SL -30
TP +130ish

First we need to understand the trend for the day because most times, the news drive price action in the trend direction. For euro, i still see price moving lower to supp 12251/12211.

But the best approach to news release in my opinion to wait 1min after it is released to ascertain the possible direction and make good pips from the surge.

Last edited:
ok, thanks for your view
happy-048.gif
happy-048.gif
happy-048.gif

First we need to understand the trend for the day because most times, the news drive price action in the trend direction. For euro, i still see price moving lower to supp 12251/12211.

But the best approach to news release in my opinionis to wait 5mins after it is released to ascertain the possible direction and make good pips from the surge.

looks like i've missed this fill by 0.4 of 1 pip......so many joys i'm struggling to contain myself :clap:

EURUSD
short 2322 (limit)
SL -30
TP +135ish

Last edited:

But the best approach to news release in my opinion to wait 1min after it is released to ascertain the possible direction and make good pips from the surge.

Thanks for joining the thread. You seem to be very experienced in your views for a new poster. Would you like to tell us about yourself. Are you a trading mentor or is all your advice given freely,thanks and good luck