Best Thread Live Cable Trading

tm.appleby said:
Marmoset

“short at 35” I take it your not referring to your age here..

Correct me if I am wrong, I beleive ms, went short (sold) at 1.8835

"moved sl to 33” ? .

Moved his sl (Stoploss) to 1.8833 to 'lock in' 2 pips profit.

Hope that helps

-A8

tm.appleby said:
Marmoset

Hi.

I am new (very new) to observing trading of any kind.

Can you please explain what the purpose of that exercise was?

“short at 35” I take it your not referring to your age here.

“moved sl to 33” ?

How much money was gained from this trade.

OK, you're REALLY green :LOL: OK, here's some of the lingo:

the currency pair referenced in this thread is cable (used to be traded on the Transatlantic (bottom of the Atlantic phone/morse cable, arbitraging dollar against sterling) Cable.
It's noted as GBP/USD.
Short: you sell, in this case the major currency: GBP, or you buy dollars at the same time
Long: you buy GBP, you sell dollars at the same time
On the chart, short means direction intended: DOWN, long means UP

sl stands for stoploss: the point where you are automatically closed out, your safety net.
When I go short at 35 and can move my stoploss to breakeven (abbreviated b/e, at that entry level, b/e is at 35), I've got a "free" trade, i.e., if I get stopped out, I didn't lose any money.
sl to 33 means I'm two pips "in the money", come what may. :cheesy:

Oh, and it's inappropriate to ask how much loot I made. It depends on what size of position I took and frankly, putting that up is not relevant, as everybody has a different size account, trades different sized lots (according to his rules for money and risk management).

To be able to compare results, not apples to oranges, we just note our pipcount and leave it at that.

marmoset said:
OK, you're REALLY green :LOL: OK, here's some of the lingo:

the currency pair referenced in this thread is cable (used to be traded on the Transatlantic (bottom of the Atlantic phone/morse cable, arbitraging dollar against sterling) Cable.
It's noted as GBP/USD.
Short: you sell, in this case the major currency: GBP, or you buy dollars at the same time
Long: you buy GBP, you sell dollars at the same time
On the chart, short means direction intended: DOWN, long means UP

sl stands for stoploss: the point where you are automatically closed out, your safety net.
When I go short at 35 and can move my stoploss to breakeven (abbreviated b/e, at that entry level, b/e is at 35), I've got a "free" trade, i.e., if I get stopped out, I didn't lose any money.
sl to 33 means I'm two pips "in the money", come what may. :cheeky:

Oh, and it's inappropriate to ask how much loot I made. It depends on what size of position I took and frankly, putting that up is not relevant, as everybody has a different size account, trades different sized lots (according to his rules for money and risk management).

To be able to compare results, not apples to oranges, we just note our pipcount and leave it at that.

Thank You marmoset,

This is the first time (from yesterday)I have seen the trading of anything. Its worse than learning a new language. But, thanks for your time and the info.

Good look with your trading.

TM

tm.appleby said:
Thank You marmoset,

This is the first time (from yesterday)I have seen the trading of anything. Its worse than learning a new language. But, thanks for your time and the info.

Good look with your trading.

TM

Mr. Appleby

You may be interested in reading this!

Good luck!

Attachments

• Forex_Misc_-_Money_Management_-_Ryan_Jones.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 325
marmoset said:
And on to 30, trailing every pip, closing out where I think the top is :p

And closed out at 36: +11 -6: +5 for the day.

No steam in there. Calling it a day (of course, screens are wide-open, if I see something enticing, bam, I'm in :cheesy:

The enticing thing I see for the moment: day's high at 64: go for a long above or a bounce-off below. BO or MonkeyBounce :p

Do I have left-behind blues because it went up 8 pips after my close? Nope, something to do with the sparrow in the hand

tm.appleby said:
Mr Bumble,

You seem to be continuing to harass me, in such a way as to be inflicting considerable stress upon myself.

I must ask you to desist this course of action forthwith.

Let it be known by all who read this, that, from the outset yesterday and upon my registering as a member here and promptly posting a request for information, I was approached by Mr Bumble who then took a verbal swipe at me and copped me one right in the nuts.

Why he should feel so inclined escapes me.

TM.Appleby

Now now, Mr tm.appleby, you're in here with TRADERS. :LOL:

We face stress of levels you'll be hardpressed to comprehend. So, if you're fainthearted, here's the diagnosis of Dr Marmoset: you don't have the right stuff to be one. Don't be discouraged if my rather blunt opinion goes against your own opinion of yourself, but for the moment, better grow a thick skin, not because of us, but because of our chosen trade and market.

If you think we're trying (not as in attempting, but as in hard), try (as in attempt) a market like cable. You'll find out fast it has the level of respect for your sensibilities resembling that of an angry herd of african elephants. It'll stomp you flatter than a pancake faster than look-at-you-boy. You need good nerves in here. So don't get all riled up just because somebody questions your motives, it designates you as a wimp, or worse, a fool, soon to be parted of his money.

There, take it or leave it. :devilish:

Last edited:
tm.appleby said:
Gotcha marmoset,

LURK, READ, LEARN.

Mums the word.

I hope the bad day "low pips count and all" wasn't down to me, you know taking your eye off the ball so to speak with my silly questions.

Yep, was replying to you when my position went south after the initial long. Not blaming you, after all, it's up to ME to decide whether to respond or to eyeball the rate. And it's also up to ME to manage my position. There's noone to blame but ME, and that's how forex works. Them elephants don't care :|

It wasn't a bad day, covered my losses, tomorrow's another day. Happens all the time. Don't go for the killer upper cut to the jaw of the market. It's a 15-round fight, each and every day. All you want to do is eek out enough points to stay upright for the next round, until that golden opportunity arrives and you ride your position to the max.

marmoset said:
Yep, was replying to you when my position went south after the initial long. Not blaming you, after all, it's up to ME to decide whether to respond or to eyeball the rate. And it's also up to ME to manage my position. There's noone to blame but ME, and that's how forex works. Them elephants don't care :|

It wasn't a bad day, covered my losses, tomorrow's another day. Happens all the time. Don't go for the killer upper cut to the jaw of the market. It's a 15-round fight, each and every day. All you want to do is eek out enough points to stay upright for the next round, until that golden opportunity arrives and you ride your position to the max.

Seems to me if you are any kind of pro trader then you would not be exposing yourself to unnecessary risk. If you where one of my traders you'd be out the door fast.

Pull yourself together man. Don't go blaming others for your bad practice.

From what I can see your a nervous trader (trading on your nerves) That's scared money.

shine

Last edited:
jonny.shine said:
Seems to me if you are any kind of pro trader then you would not be exposing yourself to unnecessary risk. If you where one of my traders you'd be out the door fast.

shine

OK, I hear you!

"If you were one of my traders you'd be out the door fast".

Care to expound? What's "my traders" stand for? You work a sweatshop of Indian Nuke Physics PhD traders?

"Pull yourself together man. Don't go blaming others for your bad practice."

Again, watcha talkin' 'bout Willis??? Did I blame somebody (copy paste quote here, remember, I posted an 11 point gain while yakkin' appleby)?

What bad practice?

What's more: "]Seems to me if you are any kind of pro trader then you would not be exposing yourself to unnecessary risk." Righty ho. Riskstripping does it all :LOL: Human errors don't occur :LOL: :devilish: :LOL: Traders are gods, infallible and all :eek: :cheesy: :LOL: :devilish:

Sorry young lady, been there, done that, saved bank traders' arses by the dozen. Now copy paste or go away :p

jonny.shine said:

From what I can see your a nervous trader (trading on your nerves) That's scared money.

shine

Er excuse me he wasn't blaming anybody if you care to read the post instead of trying to promote your newbie cheap transparent scam, you would see how ridiculous you look.
marmoset said:
Not blaming you, after all, it's up to ME to decide whether to respond or to eyeball the rate. And it's also up to ME to manage my position. There's noone to blame but ME, .
This is a traders thread for people who want to trade. It is not for self serving system peddlers and believe me you will not be tolerated.