Best Thread Live Cable Trading

marmoset said:
Yeah, I'd rather get to bed earlier than normal. I definitely do not want to oversleep again (my curse, I'm an evening person, not worth tWo bits, er, pips in the morning)...

edit: see above plus, moved stop to 69
Order openened at 55 sl25 limit 75.............

marmoset said:
Study the range, draw some intermediary trendlines, then put entry level outside of 2nd range break-out and below low of post-Big Ben.

Also, if your trading platform allows for it, set trader's range (number of pips slippage allowed) higher then exact price, 2-5 being ok. Better lose a couple of pips then not being filled and getting
a case of left-behind-blues. ;)

Good strategy. You can also use the Darvas box method, and you will catch all the BOs.

Baruch said:
Good strategy. You can also use the Darvas box method, and you will catch all the BOs.
I have read about them but no luck drawing them properly

rav700 said:
I have read about them but no luck drawing them properly

Just look at the chart, and you will find them. Darvas called them boxes - other uses the names ranges or bases... ;)

not breaking R1. The market seems to be doing this quite often. Going one direction and changing for over 100 points the other. BOE minutes today and some other heavy stuff at 9:30.. creating a flag in 15min. Which could fail either way I am watching woke up late this morning.

coolTrader said:
not breaking R1. The market seems to be doing this quite often. Going one direction and changing for over 100 points the other. BOE minutes today and some other heavy stuff at 9:30.. creating a flag in 15min. Which could fail either way I am watching woke up late this morning.

cooltrader, was watching the same on the 5 minute. that just definitely failed as a flag.......well, it was worth a good 80 pips...

pivot for the day at around 8620....area to watch

EDIT: Also, the dailys had tweezers at the top.......not enough evidence to call for a reversal though.

Yep done almost 100points. I did not take it as I had taken the long before and was not bothered. Same thing it has been doing all week.

I imagine that spike up was stop hunting

The fact it shot up with no news or any reason or strength with an immediate reverse after what looked like a double top on the previous day says short to me.

Not saying how far but do favour a downward day.

rav700 said:
long at 35 stop at 600
Yeahh aaaa 35 pips made
job done and dusted.....
A great start.....to a wonderful day..
I hope everyone got on the train mate

jezza888 said:
I imagine that spike up was stop hunting

The fact it shot up with no news or any reason or strength with an immediate reverse after what looked like a double top on the previous day says short to me.

Not saying how far but do favour a downward day.

morning jezza, long time. hope all is well. the picture is not clear. also favour the reversal, but cant bank on it. a good set of support levels on the way down....only a fed type of surprise could get through without much pain IMHO

rav700 said:
Yeahh aaaa 35 pips made
job done and dusted.....
A great start.....to a wonderful day..
I hope everyone got on the train mate

got in late stopped @ + 1 as I dont trade before news! also BOE out in under an hour.

Hi Jacinto,

There are alot of levels to pass through on the way down but after whats happened in the last month, I imagine the US will do anything they can to get things back in their favour.

Ready for anything but still biased on the short side.

coolTrader said:
got in late stopped @ + 1 as I dont trade before news! also BOE out in under an hour.
If I was honest it was nothing clever mate I saw it bottom and I knew that it would bounce my target was only about 10-15 pips on a bounce but I just got a tick lucky after 2 crap days....
Best of luck for the next move mate.....
Happy trading Rav :D

jezza888 said:
What did everyone make the 9:33 high?

(Broker dispute)

1.87105 on the bid for me

EDIT: :eek: sorry...huge mistake. assume you meant 8:33 GMT. my mistake....my price at 8:33 GMT is 1.86815 hopefully no mistakes this time

Last edited: