Best Thread Live Cable Trading

I have made a loss today...I have to admit to it but not heavy but 20 pips in all....but still I have to admit it to I found it very difficult to trade today and just did not feel comfortable at all .....last week was so easy........
I hope the rest of you guys as you are proffesionals would have done 10 times a better than me

Best of luck for the rest of the evening....
Happy trading rav

rav700
please don`t beat yourself up
you just had a poor day , and you are big enough to admit it ,
tomorrow is an other day , and you cannot win them all
best of luck for tomorrow
hornblower

hornblower said:
rav700
please don`t beat yourself up
you just had a poor day , and you are big enough to admit it ,
tomorrow is an other day , and you cannot win them all
best of luck for tomorrow
hornblower

Agree,

I kicked myself all afternoon after a bad day but tomorrow is a new day...

wasp said:
Agree,

I kicked myself all afternoon after a bad day but tomorrow is a new day...

Thanks Guys.....I just believe that trading is more of an art than just gambling and when I trade sily and take positions without proper attention it just irritates me....

Any way as you say a new day tommorow

Best of luck for tommorow guys
Happy Trading
Rav :D

indexgold is no more! apparently, he was the latest incarnation of badtrader.

oh dear. :rolleyes:

anyway, good trading today, guys.
better luck for tomorrow.

trendie said:
indexgold is no more! apparently, he was the latest incarnation of badtrader.

oh dear. :rolleyes:

anyway, good trading today, guys.
better luck for tomorrow.
Why has indexgold been banned???

rav700 said:
I have made a loss today...I have to admit to it but not heavy but 20 pips in all....but still I have to admit it to I found it very difficult to trade today and just did not feel comfortable at all .....last week was so easy........
I hope the rest of you guys as you are proffesionals would have done 10 times a better than me

Best of luck for the rest of the evening....
Happy trading rav

Yeah Rav,

Don't kick yourself. It's pointless. Me, I'm down 760pips, missed out on Big Ben and my limits during work time were off. When I called my broker this morning to enter a long position, I forgot to mention "hedge". Poof! went $730. :eek:

I take it in stride. Learnt a couple of valuable lessons there, never to be made again :devilish:
Losses are a part of the game

Chin up! Tomorrow is major news time, it'll be a hell of a ride, with plenty pips to be hoovered.

That's the fun bit of FX, the next opportunity is always just around the corner.

:cool:

Last edited:
marmoset said:
Yeah Rav,

Don't kick yourself. It's pointless. Me, I'm down 760pips, missed out on Big Ben and my limits during work time were off. When I called my broker this morning to enter a long position, I forgot to mention "hedge". Poof! went $730. :eek:

I take it in stride. Learnt a couple of valuable lessons there, never to be made again :devilish:
Losses are a part of the game

Chin up! Tomorrow is major news time, it'll be a hell of a ride, with plenty pips to be hoovered.

That's the fun bit of FX, the next opportunity is always just around the corner.

:cool:

PS *whispers to badtrader/indexgold* anon proxyserver :idea:

So it wasn't just me then.....I am sorry to hear that you were down as well....I guess you are right 2maro is another day ..I am off from work tommorow and should have everything ready to trade properly....sometimes it is hard to trade in the office as you cant......long story....any way are you looking at cable 2 nite...... or in the morning ?

Thanks for your advise and support

long at 66 moved s/l to b/e

Oddball behaviour for Tokyo, they're already anticpating on the news? Wow!

marmoset said:
long at 66 moved s/l to b/e

Oddball behaviour for Tokyo, they're already anticpating on the news? Wow!
Have you ever studied the patterns of fomc ann days....I mean my logic says..there will be no mention of keeping intrest rates on hold and they will increase the int rates for a couple more sessions to come...may be wrong....but if that is the case we should see some heavy moves...either way there will be a heavy move....

310 pip move on a the last fed day hmmm.....just had a look
Does that mean long long long......
haha

rav700 said:
310 pip move on a the last fed day hmmm.....just had a look
Does that mean long long long......
haha

It does :cheesy:

Heeeeeere's Johnny!!

Stopped out at 67, 1 pips :p 759 to go :rolleyes:

rav700 said:
Have you ever studied the patterns of fomc ann days....I mean my logic says..there will be no mention of keeping intrest rates on hold and they will increase the int rates for a couple more sessions to come...may be wrong....but if that is the case we should see some heavy moves...either way there will be a heavy move....

You got it!

Pro traders are notoriously paranoid. They'll read all kinds of things between the lines, causing VERY erratic rate behaviour. Go for chop-trading strategies, with a break-out, both high and low, strategy, for a 150-200 pip move. Once outside the pre-range, keep moving that s/l (I won't be able to on the FOMC, so I'll go for 100-150 for a limit).

marmoset said:
You got it!

Pro traders are notoriously paranoid. They'll read all kinds of things between the lines, causing VERY erratic rate behaviour. Go for chop-trading strategies, with a break-out, both high and low, strategy, for a 150-200 pip move. Once outside the pre-range, keep moving that s/l (I won't be able to on the FOMC, so I'll go for 100-150 for a limit).

So what time will you be placing your order 10 mins after the anouncement or do you place pre order break trades ie study the range and as soon as it goes out of range either ways 20 pips above place orders to go long or short......does this make sense.... :rolleyes:

Tokyo on the downmove, short at 60, stop at 90, figure there's maybe 15-20 pips in there. But given the odd behaviour, it maybe ranging between 80 and 60. Questions, questions, questions... :(

rav700 said:
So what time will you be placing your order 10 mins after the anouncement or do you place pre order break trades ie study the range and as soon as it goes out of range either ways 20 pips above place orders to go long or short......does this make sense.... :rolleyes:

Definitely pre. Broker has habit of going belly-up during high-volume time.

Study the range, draw some intermediary trendlines, then put entry level outside of 2nd range break-out and below low of post-Big Ben.

Also, if your trading platform allows for it, set trader's range (number of pips slippage allowed) higher then exact price, 2-5 being ok. Better lose a couple of pips then not being filled and getting
a case of left-behind-blues. ;)

Last edited:
marmoset said:
Tokyo on the downmove, short at 60, stop at 90, figure there's maybe 15-20 pips in there. But given the odd behaviour, it maybe ranging between 80 and 60. Questions, questions, questions... :(
Yes true you might get 15 -20 pips out of it but I think it wil range for a while as well.......hope you dont have to wait too long

marmoset said:
Good call.... :D

rav700 said:
Yes true you might get 15 -20 pips out of it but I think it wil range for a while as well.......hope you dont have to wait too long

Yeah, I'd rather get to bed earlier than normal. I definitely do not want to oversleep again (my curse, I'm an evening person, not worth tWo bits, er, pips in the morning)...

edit: see above plus, moved stop to 69