Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Farce said:
Anyone riding the NFP Wave? :p

short 18, stop 35....target....?

I just noticed, there is an interesting coincidenc between the current range and 2 EMAS on the daily chart 50 and 100 EMA@ 7479 and 7531 respectively...which will give in support or resistance?

Also worth noting there is a supposed large eurodollar option expiring today 1.2200, so doesnt let the Euro eithr tank or explode. lets see.

jacinto said:
there is a 123 pattern in the 4 hr chart, triggers @75-80 and the target is around 7390-7400

lests see ;)

out at 20 for +98 :cheesy: probably leaving 20 on the table, but, its Friday, and I would love a beer.

Jezza, didnt move my stop until got the typical signal to add to the position....did not add, but did bring stops down. hard, but lets see if wer'e going somewhere.

good trading and good weekend :cheesy:

Been a manic day today and NFP was a bit too!

Zinger said:
Jezza - did you keep that small short open over NFP ?

Yep! Added to it once we finally started dropping but a tad worrying on the rise up. Had a larger thn normal stop due to NFP (which I don't like doing) But thankfully it paid off....

jacinto said:
Jezza, didnt move my stop until got the typical signal to add to the position....did not add, but did bring stops down. hard, but lets see if wer'e going somewhere.

In accompiant to the usual rules I have for trailing my stops I normally look for S/R as well but its whatever works for you!

Back to the mayhem.... good weekend all.... :D

indexgold said:
lol, they call this Live Cable Trading. I dont see live trades, only after the event trades.

Feel free indexgold... Some do, some don't....

The thread has been going for a while and is the main cable related thread and has become a thread related to views, chat, methods, ideas and anything else related....

I'm not personally intersted in 'proving' myself and feeding my ego nor am I selling anything, just chatting about cable with other cable traders.

Good trading!

Long long term outlook

Some possible interesting levels around at the moment....

1.7170 major S/R from Late 91, the start and end of '97 and again mid '98 and the trend line support comming up from the start of 2002...

May well prove irrelevant but a solid break of either could have significance.....

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 140
jezza888 said:
Feel free indexgold... Some do, some don't....

The thread has been going for a while and is the main cable related thread and has become a thread related to views, chat, methods, ideas and anything else related....

I'm not personally intersted in 'proving' myself and feeding my ego nor am I selling anything, just chatting about cable with other cable traders.

Good trading!

Couldnt put it better myself. :cool:

seconded

jacinto said:
Couldnt put it better myself. :cool:

Well said - It's a chat thread for like minded individuals to discuss forex not a trade tipping site. :eek:

Neil

I don't need tips,I was olnly making a point, agree nice to post charts up and a bit of T,A but this thread was started for live calls. and all I said was, I don't see live calls.

indexgold said:
lol, they call this Live Cable Trading. I dont see live trades, only after the event trades.

it started off as a sort of competition, who could make the most pips.
but the problem was, the actual methodology wasnt always disclosed, so was rather pointless, as nobody was learning anything.

as Neil has said, the thread has evolved to discuss ideas, and to share snippets of info, and to relate ideas gleaned from other sites, so we could assess them and learn.
eg hans123, camarilla, etc.

also, the people here warn each other about key info eco-news days, which helps as a heads-up.

all in all, still a good thread, going strong.

cable

GBP/USD - "Cable"
Selling or Neutral strategy (Short term positions).
Long term - down trend from 16 December 2004 with second main Resistance at 1.7610
Medium term - up trend from 28 November 2005 with first main Support at 1.7270
Resistance: 1.7495, 1.7600, 1.7610, 1.7680
Support: 1.7390, 1.7270
Fibonacci level 38.2% at 1.8000
Fibonacci level 23.6% at 1.7635

jacinto said:
morning all, any trades yet? none here, dont like the price area at all.

narrowish morning range, from about 720 to 760, so a BO may prove to be fruitful.
however, may be a rangey day, as no real strength at 8am ( so far )
I am flat so far.

maybe worth waiting till afternoon.

trendie said:
narrowish morning range, from about 720 to 760, so a BO may prove to be fruitful.
however, may be a rangey day, as no real strength at 8am ( so far )
I am flat so far.

maybe worth waiting till afternoon.

Agree, was tempted to do the asian breakout, but there is something that puts me back:

too many simple moving averages (particularly 100 period, but also 50 period of the daily, 8,6,4 hourly timeframes) converging to the 7435-7475 area

Also, the target for the asian breakout to the upside is above 747ish, which I am perceiving as strong resistance. on the other hand, downside target (which wouldnt happen since it already broke north, is slightly below Fridays low, which is a 61% fib from the 7250-7620 of the past week.

lets see. good trading, if not hope its not a boring waiting game!

Last edited: