Best Thread Live Cable Trading

trendie said:
has hans123 just missed a home-run of 120 pips by a mere 5 pips.

say it aint so !!

Happened before and will happen again. He lets the market take him out

Baruch said:
But I don't think Hans123 has found the solution. Here you can have a profit of 105 pips, but end up with a b/e. That's a bad solution.

That's a pitty. As far as I know, he does not use a trailing stop or anthing, just moves the SL to BE point. There have been a good number of times, when the system as been in a good profit, but ended up at BE point. Also I beleive the various EA's that trade the hans123 system, dont have a trailing stop, something I think is a god idea.

-A8

Altern8 said:
That's a pitty. As far as I know, he does not use a trailing stop or anthing, just moves the SL to BE point. There have been a good number of times, when the system as been in a good profit, but ended up at BE point. Also I beleive the various EA's that trade the hans123 system, dont have a trailing stop, something I think is a god idea.

-A8
Really?....I'd think that God would have come up with someting better than a trailing stop,,,

Baruch said:
I suppose traders here don't care about how Baruch trades - they care about the Big Baruch method (I hope!). Because they can use Big Baruch, not me. Big Baruch (like Big Ben) gives some rules for entry - not for exit. That's why it makes no sense to talk about exit from Big Baruch, because exit has nothing to do with Big Baruch. But as I have said, I will think and work with this exit problem, and I hope I can make a complete system with exit rules like Hans123 - but only better. But we all know from trading: It's not the entry which matters, it's the exit, so it ain't easy... ;)

If all you have is an entry which is not original, no stop or limit exit stratagy and no money management method relative to volatility then you will get creamed.

Are you honestly trying to tell us all that you trade like this with real cash or is it a nice paper trading story.

On a day like today any trending indicator would have worked, its the days that are ranging that define the robustness of a method.

So the question I have is during the last three months what is your percentage return based on this method with your own exits, doing well i trust because each time it goes in your favour you highlight it to the board.

Exits are 90% of trading skill to both limit losses and maximise profits, so to just bang on about an entry point is futile.

For reference I wish you success and will no longer comment, i only did today because having seen the good days highlighted for too many weeks now and little actual evidence of you taking a real trade my patience at having to read through this drival finally snapped.

Ripcord said:
For reference I wish you success and will no longer comment, i only did today because having seen the good days highlighted for too many weeks now and little actual evidence of you taking a real trade my patience at having to read through this drival finally snapped.

LOL

Ripcord said:
Exits are 90% of trading skill to both limit losses and maximise profits, so to just bang on about an entry point is futile.

Couldn't agree more. Demonstrated numerous times on here that I can't hold a trade.

The ability to maximise a trade is wot sorts the men from the boys. And yeah you guessed it, went long on the break up through 450, chopped for 8 pips... could have got 24 out of it !!!

I fuggin hate this game.

Last edited:
Ripcord said:
If all you have is an entry which is not original, no stop or limit exit stratagy and no money management method relative to volatility then you will get creamed.

Are you honestly trying to tell us all that you trade like this with real cash or is it a nice paper trading story.

On a day like today any trending indicator would have worked, its the days that are ranging that define the robustness of a method.

So the question I have is during the last three months what is your percentage return based on this method with your own exits, doing well i trust because each time it goes in your favour you highlight it to the board.

Thank you. :cheesy:

trendie said:
one for you guys ( and especially JonnyT, as he is interested in trading pullbacks into the main trend, not unlike myself )

have been reading DiNapoli Levels book.
I will leave out the D-Levels, and Fib retraces, etc.
However, he is quite particular about defining the trend, and the neatness of buying dips, and selling rallies.

He uses MACD at 8,17,9. When it is trailing down, the trend is down.
When trailing up, the trend is up.
( he describes this as showing the position of the strong-hands - thats the pros )

Then he uses Stochs set at 8,3,3.
( he describes this as showing the position of the weak-hands - thats me )

The simpler idea ( without the D-Levels, as I believe this could stand on its own as a mechanism ),
is that when the MACD trend is up, wait for the Stochs to fall, and then turn and rise again. The turning point is an ideal "buy the dip", ( weak hands being shaken out ) back into the broader trend.

Reversed for "selling rallies", whereby you wait for the Stochs to pitch up, and keel over, back downwards into direction of MACD direction.

Interestingly, the Stochs idea is surprisingly similar to Linda Bradford Raschkes "The Anti" signal, Stochs set to 7,10,4, where you use the 10 as the broad trend, and wait for the 7 to move away to extremes.
When the 7 "hooks back" towards the 10 line, you take the trade in the direction of the slower 10 line.
( pullback to the trend )

just something to mull over when you get bored counting your money.

Does he mention the use of any particular timeframes Trendie or is that dependant on whether you are day trading/swing trading ot other trading.

G-Man

G-Man said:
Does he mention the use of any particular timeframes Trendie or is that dependant on whether you are day trading/swing trading ot other trading.

G-Man

not particularly. good in all timeframes, since yopu are trading the reaction of the quicker relative to the slower.
I liked it as it seemed to offer what I was looking for - better entries and exits for my MAs.

trendie said:
not strictly true, Baruch.

a: hans123 has definite rules for entry and exit, so back-testing is quantifiable.

b: Big Ben has a definite entry, but the exit criteria are vague, and upto each trader, and thus not quantifiable. ( some may wish to trail the trade, some may choose to take a daily target )

c: Big Baruch has a vaguely defineable entry, which cannot be back-tested, unless more exacting rules are invoked.
Big Baruch, as far as I am aware, has no defintie exit criteria, and thus cannot be back-tested.

In retrospect, 150 pips were on the cards, but without some defining exit rules, it is conjecture whether they would have been won, or whether a Big Baruch trader would have bailed out earlier.

I have been thinking of making some exit rules for Big Baruch (and Big Ben):

1. Place stop 30 pips away from entry or, if the range is smaller than 30 pips, place it on the other side of the range, where the breakout didn't took place.
2. Move stop to b/e when you have 30 pips in profit.
3. Use a 30 pips trailing stop.
4. Close all positions before majors news like NFP etc.

Any opinions?

Baruch said:
I have been thinking of making some exit rules for Big Baruch (and Big Ben):

1. Place stop 30 pips away from entry or, if the range is smaller than 30 pips, place it on the other side of the range, where the breakout didn't took place.
2. Move stop to b/e when you have 30 pips in profit.
3. Use a 30 pips trailing stop.
4. Close all positions before majors news like NFP etc.

Any opinions?

Morning all,

So baruch, are you now short cable?

Vin

Baruch said:
No Big Baruch trade this morning - so far. Price is still in the range.

Ok, I will ask the question that everyone must be thinking.

How can you not be short when GBP, EUR and CHF have all broken out of the 6-7 ranges by at least 5 pips?

Vegas5 said:
which range? i make the 6-7gmt range : 1.7483-1.7500?

Sorry - I meant the euro range. A breakout in cable has to be confirmed by euro to avoid acting on stophunting in cable.

Ripcord said:
Ok, I will ask the question that everyone must be thinking.

How can you not be short when GBP, EUR and CHF have all broken out of the 6-7 ranges by at least 5 pips?

Because the rules says at least 7 pips - to avoid whipsaws.

PS. Anyone knowing the results yesterday from Hans123?