Best Thread Live Cable Trading

About your set up.....

1) Is it some sort of algortihm you've created yourself

and

2) Will you be dishing it out via the strategies on the Trading Edge web page ?

It is not an algorithm these days I keep things as simple as possible

Its a short term variation of the Genesis strat, there are no plans to publish it on my website at present.

dc2000 said:
It is not an algorithm these days I keep things as simple as possible

Its a short term variation of the Genesis strat, there are no plans to publish it on my website at present.

I thought you were an Elliottician, dc, as you have made mention of "waves" in some of your posts, unless you were having-a-larf.

any info / pointers on Genesis ? ( is it still available / is it a software or a course )

Euro, hmm intense, 4 trades , 1 loss net gain +61 (thanks to volatility), sometimes it pays to drop everything and just focus on the quotes. , standing back see what shapes up. good value on that spike down for upside if your bullish of course.

trendie said:
I thought you were an Elliottician, dc, as you have made mention of "waves" in some of your posts, unless you were having-a-larf.

any info / pointers on Genesis ? ( is it still available / is it a software or a course )

Every FAQ you would ever ask is here...

Trade2Win Boards > The Styles & Strategies > Mechanical & Systems Trading > Commercial Systems
Genesis System

Still requires a bit of intuition and requires the user to bend the rules of the system by the looks of it, so it's not a "place an order at this price" type system....

thankly kindly, Kaffee. I will read that entire thread, as dc2000 seems to be quite proficient at it, and consistently so.

trendie said:
thankly kindly, Kaffee. I will read that entire thread, as dc2000 seems to be quite proficient at it, and consistently so.

No worries. In there he makes reference to Chartmans Dow Thread as well, so there may be more info about Genesis there.

I went in at 1.2086 on this latest news.

January
18. EUR/USD slipped as low as 1.2075 on the latest slide, retesting the Asian
lows and bouncing very modestly. Outgoing ECB economist Issing is on the wires
saying the central bank does not need new projections in order to act
(presumably to hike rates) according to a headline on market news. Having been
whipsawed on ECB comments earlier in the session, dealers are taking these
comments with a grain of salt. Stops are seen around the 1.2070 level but fear
of fresh sovereign buying is helping keep dealers from selling the pair
aggressively at session lows. Frustration reigns as EUR/USD chops around the
1.2100 pivot-point. :LOL: fingers crossed

aye, their probably having coffee and doughnuts thinking if they will do the stops below us :) 1.2062/65 might be too tempting for them.

out eur @ 1.2096 +10 pips. divergence on the 5

Short 1 lot @1.2094 tight stop @1.2110

small target @ 1.2075

Out @1.2110 -16

Last edited:
closed 1.2104.8 +25.8

some life in the dog yet maybe, but enough for me now. usd/chf bound to test 1.28 but I need a cuppa. divert my eyes...

With the tripple bottom on Cable where is it heading. Top rejected with a spike( or is it a potential target?) I have been taking the long from 600 and no follow through I decided to let the last one go and guess what some action.

On the 4hr chart it still seems to be in a downward channel. Will wait and see.

Hi Trendie
I wouldn't say I was an elliotician I have read up on elliott waves but dont actively use them

Let's see if this Asian session thingy works....

Short 595... target 565, stop 615

Edit :- Chuffing hell, came off 20 while I was typing that !!

The Big Ben Baruch Express started just on time this morning...I hope you all enjoy the trip.

Ive been trading Big Ben this morning look for 20 pips which came very nicely :LOL:

zuke said:
Ive been trading Big Ben this morning look for 20 pips which came very nicely :LOL:

Yes, I don't understand those traders which say that this method doesn't work. For me it works (nearly) every morning.
PS. What timeframe do you use for Big Ben ? 1 min or 5 min?

Up late this morning so just waiting for an entry, I will give it another hour