Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Cableguy said:
Jesus, are we all programmers on here ;)

I think programmer / IT types tend to be confident mathematically, as opposed to most people who are number-blind.
Also, IT types tend to be game-player / puzzle-solver types, which attract us to the markets, a fantastic combination of problem-solving / pattern-finding / strategy / number-crunching challenge.

Or, in short, nerds :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks CG. Taking a look...

Yep, I have many years of programming experience...from the bad ol' days of MS-DOS!

Cableguy said:
http://www.camarillaequation.com/

Note however I tend to use these levels more as support and resistance, a movement from H3 to L3 and vice versa isn't that common. I use Pivots and Camarilla points in conjunction with S&R.

Jesus, are we all programmers on here ;)

superspurs said:
just a quick one lads,do you put orders in and wait for them to be hit,or do you hit the button at the moment

I use a variation, in the mornings I'll place my orders (if any) but news releases I tend to jump on. IMHO using orders means you've analysed the market, stuck to your trading rules and have an objective view.

klal said:
Thanks CG. Taking a look...

Yep, I have many years of programming experience...from the bad ol' days of MS-DOS!

Memories :cheesy:

Hey I'm still a dap hand @ quickbasic... now we all loved nibbles and hated dos-shell :rolleyes:

trendie said:
I think programmer / IT types tend to be confident mathematically, as opposed to most people who are number-blind.
Also, IT types tend to be game-player / puzzle-solver types, which attract us to the markets, a fantastic combination of problem-solving / pattern-finding / strategy / number-crunching challenge.

Or, in short, nerds :LOL: :LOL:

That about sums it up :cool:

Did anyone trade the Baruch 7-8 am breakout ?
My charts show a dummy-spike in the wrong direction.

trendie said:
Did anyone trade the Baruch 7-8 am breakout ?
My charts show a dummy-spike in the wrong direction.

Traded Big Ben... and got stopped. But what method is foolproof ?

I've just picked one and hope !

Big Baruch had too many "IF.... THEN" conditions (to continue the programming theme !!)

still in the game, Short, I think this is the longest Ive held a cable position

dc2000 said:
still in the game, Short, I think this is the longest Ive held a cable position

Not looking so good on the 30 min chart.... last 3 candles higher highs, and higher lows.

Shorted @ 7565, 0.5 lots, s/l: 1.7571, t/p: 30 pips

edit: I'll consider a contra-trade if my stop is hit

flag?

looks up to me?

Attachments

• upward flag.gif
    upward flag.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 213
Well boys and girls the time is nigh..good luck..hope you trade it in the right direction :LOL:

Did anyone else experience getting logged off either VT or Oanda just after the data release cos i did :devilish: