Best Thread Live Cable Trading

the bid got to 37 and the ask to 40 on the dot...

getting stopped out at the extremes is a pain in the 'arris sometimes :(

FetteredChinos said:
the bid got to 37 and the ask to 40 on the dot...

getting stopped out at the extremes is a pain in the 'arris sometimes :(

That's why I don't use 30 pips stops. To much to lose. :eek:

Baruch said:
That's why I don't use 30 pips stops. To much to lose. :eek:

dont use more than 10 and sometimes 20 depending on entry. 30 points way too painful to loose. not bad to gain though

coolTrader said:
dont use more than 10 and sometimes 20 depending on entry. 30 points way too painful to loose. not bad to gain though

10 pips stop with a 4 pips spread? You don't give "the wild animal" much room? :cheesy:

short 1.7543.. top of channel and near prior high...

30 pip stops are nothing chaps.. you have to have a bit of leeway.. TA isnt precise enough for much anything much tighter..

i'll see your double negative, and raise you the old maxim "sell near resistance, buy near support".

that will do me...

so how many million pips are you up today then?

I agree FC - market looks like it wants to go down, but just as I go to push that sell button - up she pops! Will wait it out for now. You're obviously a braver man than I!!

Hello all new to this, but not trading

Can I join in on the discussions. interesting thread. I have read through lot of it.do I have to give live calls to join you FX traders?

Last edited:
momtic said:
Hello all new to this, but to trading

Can I join in on the discussions. interesting thread. I have read through lot of it.do I have to give live calls to join you FX traders?

No, you are always welcome here, but if you want to make calls, please do it. :D

purplekiwi said:
I agree FC - market looks like it wants to go down, but just as I go to push that sell button - up she pops! Will wait it out for now. You're obviously a braver man than I!!

See GBP/Yen.

lol its ok DC, im singing from the same hymn sheet, but its like watching paint dry on the 5 min chart at the mo...zzzzz

Momtic,

Fairly new to this myself, but i think a lot of traders would say if your reward is less than your risk it's not worth getting into the trade just now and might be best to wait and see for a bit.

Having said that i dont trade euro dollar myself so not sure if your trade is a good one or not, but good luck anyway!

Slim

Slim Sladey said:
Momtic,

Fairly new to this myself, but i think a lot of traders would say if your reward is less than your risk it's not worth getting into the trade just now and might be best to wait and see for a bit.

Having said that i dont trade euro dollar myself so not sure if your trade is a good one or not, but good luck anyway!

Slim
Slim

"It's about probabilities".... I dont' go for this ratio 1 to 3 stuff.

By the way I'm now flat, it's not working, got out at break even..

Last edited:
Slim

"It's about probabilities".... I dont' go for this ratio 1 to 3 stuff.

By the way I'm now flat, it's not working, got out at break even..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Momtic
I am impressed for your first trade

Not many newbies would mention probabilities or would scratch a trade that wasn't working so quickly and also to have the gonads to ask who the big cheese is and post your first trade live

impressive