Best Thread Live Cable Trading

zuke said:
Are you forgetting my LIVE 7312 LONG? Currently 235 pips onside :LOL:

And this from the man who was "god bless this sinking ship yada yada yada" so you finally believe its going up up now eh! ;)

Kaffee said:
That'll do.. 28 points from Big Baruch this morning.

Yes, not bad. I made some more pips in eur, and I think I will trade more eur, and less cable. :D

5 min charts...

spread is 3 pips..

all prices given are transactional prices, ie the +12 included spread..

currently waiting for a long on a bounce from the trendline.. missed my stop order by 1 pip last time..

:-s

darktone said:
And this from the man who was "god bless this sinking ship yada yada yada" so you finally believe its going up up now eh! ;)

ha! ha! I see you have a good memory!!!

zuke said:
Happy days are here again!! still have 2 lots running from my 7312 long which I did post live. Moved stop on 1 lot to 7412 to lock in 100 pips. Will let the last lot run and run until 7312 break even or a 7550.

Taken profit on 1 lot at 7632 to lock in 320 pip profit :LOL: . As usual, Ill leave the remaining lot to run. My stop for this final lot is 7562 (so locked in 250 pips as worst case scenario)

darktone said:
Kudos to you darktone, it took me two -30 pip losses to finally follow the trend! Did you get into the long early? (sub 7300)

zuke said:
Taken profit on 1 lot at 7632 to lock in 320 pip profit :LOL: . As usual, Ill leave the remaining lot to run. My stop for this final lot is 7562 (so locked in 250 pips as worst case scenario)

Zuke,

Zuke

I just have a query regarding your trading method. You have closed one trade at 17632 +320 with a stop on the second trade 70 pips lower. Why don't you just close both at 17632 or do you think their is a good chance the market will go 70 pips higher than 17632. Why lose 70 pips you already have.

Breadman

zuke said:
Kudos to you darktone, it took me two -30 pip losses to finally follow the trend! Did you get into the long early? (sub 7300)

at least you have made it all back it is like a dream now eh ;)

FetteredChinos... here's a good example of the S/B companies taking the mickey, currenly mid for cable is 639..
Bid at CapitalSpreads is 628 !!

breadman said:
Zuke,

Zuke

I just have a query regarding your trading method. You have closed one trade at 17632 +320 with a stop on the second trade 70 pips lower. Why don't you just close both at 17632 or do you think their is a good chance the market will go 70 pips higher than 17632. Why lose 70 pips you already have.

Breadman

Hi Breadman. My method has always been to let profits run (I used to be terrible and it!) So what when I do 5 or 10 lots, I always give the final lot the maximum leeway to run and run. I already have booked profits on the 4 lots so my mindset is..why not let the last lot run?

zuke said:
Hi Breadman. My method has always been to let profits run (I used to be terrible and it!) So what when I do 5 or 10 lots, I always give the final lot the maximum leeway to run and run. I already have booked profits on the 4 lots so my mindset is..why not let the last lot run?
10 lots ???

Sweet Jesus... How do you sleep at night ?

breadman said:
Zuke,

Zuke

Breadman

Current bid is 7713..I would have missed out on an extra 81 pips (at $10 a pip) had I had closed out. This trade is a free one and hence it makes sense to let the profits run.

zuke said:
Current bid is 7713..I would have missed out on an extra 81 pips (at $10 a pip) had I had closed out. This trade is a free one and hence it makes sense to let the profits run.

Finally closed out this trade for a gross gain of 401 pips :LOL:

zuke said:

Are you saying you start off with $100 a pip :eek: