Best Thread Live Cable Trading

wasp said:
Are you looking/hoping for a pro dollar NFP tomorrow to continue your short then Zuke? Could work out very nicely! :D

Yes! IF (and I stress IF) NFP figures beat consensus I really can see a run down to 1.83 by next Wed. Even if NFP figures are disastorus, I still should get out of the trade for b/e or better.

Does anyone use the Bollinger Band Inside Day method for trading reversals on the Cable?

I found this on Investopedia and it seems really interesting.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/06/BBInsideDay.asp

You've probably all discussed this back on page 200, or something like that, but as it was suggested earlier, going back through this thread to find the golden nuggets of trading information is a bit like the old needle in a haystack thing. :rolleyes:

wasp said:
Yeah I agree, I meant I like Oanda's charts.

I find their charts a little too simple, so I use MT4 instead, however..I love their platform and rarely have any problems getting filled

JillyB said:
Does anyone use the Bollinger Band Inside Day method for trading reversals on the Cable?

I found this on Investopedia and it seems really interesting.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/06/BBInsideDay.asp

You've probably all discussed this back on page 200, or something like that, but as it was suggested earlier, going back through this thread to find the golden nuggets of trading information is a bit like the old needle in a haystack thing. :rolleyes:

Hi Jilly, I could never get it to work, but that says more about my lack of patience rather than anything else. I know a few full time traders who use BB's very profitably.

A fresh weekly thread might be an idea to try and keep it easier. After reading through old DOW threadds by Chartman he used to do a new one each week, made it easier to reference and read and find nuggets.

Any opinions on good / bad idea?

As for Bollingers, never used them, trying to clear my charts of everything but candles now, just down to a couple of MA's now. Spent a few (very) late nights studying price alone and its starting to make more sense!! (I think!)

wasp said:
A fresh weekly thread might be an idea to try and keep it easier. After reading through old DOW threadds by Chartman he used to do a new one each week, made it easier to reference and read and find nuggets.

Any opinions on good / bad idea?

As for Bollingers, never used them, trying to clear my charts of everything but candles now, just down to a couple of MA's now. Spent a few (very) late nights studying price alone and its starting to make more sense!! (I think!)

Me too. For my intra-day methods, I have price and 1 MA. Thats all. Position trading stuff, I have price, 2 MA's and sometimes CCI. I used to be a real indicators junkie (more for comfort than anything else) but have got rid of them and focused on price instead..it's the only thing that really matter in the end.

...similar view to Marm - plot horiz' against pivot, the S's & R's, plus Asian range high/low and previous day's high/low. Will also add weekly levels too, had overlooked them...

zuke said:
Me too. For my intra-day methods, I have price and 1 MA. Thats all. Position trading stuff, I have price, 2 MA's and sometimes CCI. I used to be a real indicators junkie (more for comfort than anything else) but have got rid of them and focused on price instead..it's the only thing that really matter in the end.

I used to (well, last week anyway :cheesy: ) have the MA's and a stochastic but after a chat with mr.marcus and after this weeks first few days of tighter ranges they produced far too many losses compared to winners so I have re-evaluated. The rules were fine and profitable (discipline dependant) only when the market really moved, anything smaller than 40 pips and too quick it produced very little, especially because by the time it confirmed, it was allready back to zero. I've spent most of the last 48 hours studying price in relation to support and resistance areas in conjunction with the original plans (sans stochastic) and can see ways I can increase the trades profitibility already ( a loooooooong way to go yet tho!)...

At one point I thought price action was overated and my 'system' produced better results using indicators and at the end of the day, thats what matters and for a while it did, but now I can see ways to view price differently to increase single trades profitibilty and overall win % rate.

I think the MA's will stay for a while (stabilizers as such) but hoepfully they will go eventually :D

I think 90% of posters on this thread do explain their reasoning, well, except for DC but then he probably has and I just didn't understand!

I once sold my system to a few for £150 but decided against continuing as it took up far too much time I havn't posted the method I use just some targets for fun

todays worked well with the 915 profit target, before I consider a short I would like a better price

it can be

forgot to add I gave up using indicators a long time ago along with the 8 screens needed to display them

by the way I did give you a big clue recently

no

more the opposite really that if several factors come together then there is only one course of action

Last edited:
dc2000 said:
it can be

forgot to add I gave up using indicators a long time ago along with the 8 screens needed to display them

by the way I did give you a big clue recently
The only secret you got is not telling your method or system, it will be no different to the rest on here. I have seen nearly all systems out there and they all based on the same thing. its a matter of how you understand strength & weakness and correct money management and once you understand these two things, you will have a chance.

The only secret you got is not telling your method or system, it will be no different to the rest on here. I have seen nearly all systems out there and they all based on the same thing. its a matter of how you understand strength & weakness and correct money management and once you understand these two things, you will have a chance

very true

Offshore Trader said:
Hi Chow

Did you actually trade these and if so did you actually get stopped out a B/E when it flew higher?

Could anyone tell me the best fill they got on buy order after the BofE announcement? Whilst I was long at 20, I also had stop buy at 38 which was filled at 75

That is a terrible fill really. The reason being it was through your 38 level before the announcement. With about 20 seconds to go cable jumped from the mid 20s to 50 55 when the hike was announced.

I have decided to give another trade, the last 2 was winners +20 and +33.

Place order to sell at 1,2797

Stop 23 pips
Target 47 pips

If order is hit, just sit back wait or sleep on it.

Ps

Its not a basic breakout of a round number.But it look like it