Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Sorry Leovirgo, refer to post 8820 and 8861; at the time swiss (usd/chf) had signalled a contratrade and the action was cleaner than that of cable, I was updating my trade with post 8861 and the one above.
I had a similar trade on usd/jpy (114.31) but I did not update that on the thread as I had not called it prior to placing it.

Do I see big smiles all around? :cheesy:

I was expecting a jump on the euro news, what I didn't expect was BOE hiking the rate...

Blockbuster day. ;)

Marmoset,I wanted to ask you about the Reuters feed.I'm looking for something decent for spot forex and wondered how you found Reuters?

jonnyy40 said:
Marmoset,I wanted to ask you about the Reuters feed.I'm looking for something decent for spot forex and wondered how you found Reuters?

The Reuters feed I was using came free with the CMS live account. Since I'm no longer with CMS, I'm not using it anymore.

Oanda has a similar set-up, under Resources (see screenshot), which is also pretty fast on breaking news.

Attachments

• OandaFXNews.JPG
    OandaFXNews.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 202
Didn't get in to 63... tried at 20 and 35 but with CS delay never get filled till 63.... oh well, still alriight!

My observation on this thread is based on, like a competition of some sort. I dont see anyone asking the right question and meticulous asking why one done what one did, , why did one pick the level to enter, or why is one stop there, or what do you base you target on,.......Psychological patterns of behaviorI is very interesting to me.

Good luck guys

laptop1 said:
My observation on this thread is based on, like a competition of some sort. I dont see anyone asking the right question and meticulous asking why one done what one did, , why did one pick the level to enter, or why is one stop there, or what do you base you target on,.......Psychological patterns of behaviorI is very interesting to me.

Good luck guys

Why did I go long when all day long the trend was down? Incidentally, I was short from 8770 (Tokyo) down to 20.

a) sell the rumour, buy the news
b) Italy had shifted a big chunk of its reserves from $ to £ (that's fundamental news)
c) euro rate hike as good as certain

With all of the above, I figured it to be a high-probability trade. Getting 120 pips out of it is cool, but figuring it out beforehand is a much greater kick. :cool:

Now waiting to see what waves Trichet is going to make (found a way to trade from work :D), then it's NFP figure figure time