Best Thread Live Cable Trading

If prices moves down to 221, I will take the remaining 3 lots as it would indicate a time to go short.

nice trade Zuke
interesting you are now thinking on the short side I may have the same only small mind with tight stop

say an entry at 267 stop at 285 target 148

Morning,

Orders for today - long from earlier:

BUY: 8229.8
SL: 8202.0
TP: 8379.8

SELL: 8197.8
SL: 8225.7
TP: 8044.8

closed long at 248 +33 pts
my systems and charts, still show a long
but its been a long morning , for 33pts

zuke said:
OK, the rules of my system say that when price falls from one target, I must take profits at the target below (as long as it is more than 20 pips away), so scaled out 3 more lots at 234 for +34. The stop is moved back to break even. I am now

3 lots
Long 200
Stop 200
Target 344

Moved stop to 255. Hence, for the final 3 lots I am:

3 lots
LONG 200
Stop 255
Target 344

zuke said:
Moved stop to 255. Hence, for the final 3 lots I am:

3 lots
LONG 200
Stop 255
Target 344

Ok, my system is showing a potential reversal, so closed out final 3 lots at 290 for + 90.

Total aggregate gain for 10 lots trade = 54.7 pips. :LOL: Thats it for the day for e. Im going to enjoy the sunshine! Good trading everyone!

well done zuke
bird in the hand and all that

still long
closed at 299 +21pts

my wife wants to go out for lunch !!
but I do think this run is coming to an end
system shows it s still a long bu**er

Last edited:
ChowClown said:
Morning,

Orders for today - long from earlier:

BUY: 8229.8
SL: 8202.0
TP: 8379.8

SELL: 8197.8
SL: 8225.7
TP: 8044.8

Chow,

Why 8229.8 as your buy? I think the morning range until 8.00 London Time was lower.

Buruch, it was, i use a volatility expansion calc using a percentage of the 5am-8am bst range, added to the 8am open (in the case of long entries), as detailed in the post i referred you to yesterday.

Just opened the oanda fxgame.A horrible interface.I could only use that in the longer time frames.The account interface proper is the same?If it is,it's a pity.

ChowClown said:
Buruch, it was, i use a volatility expansion calc using a percentage of the 5am-8am bst range, added to the 8am open (in the case of long entries), as detailed in the post i referred you to yesterday.

Why? As a filter to avoid whipsaws? But why should it avoid whipshaws to get in later?

No, not to avoid whipsaws, in fact using the VE calc gets you in earlier than the likes of fixed breakout channels.

The original Hans method uses a fixed 5 pip breakout of the range and the SM01 variant uses 15 pips. SM01 found 15 pips to be more of an effective filter than 5 pips, in reducing false breakout entries. Using both VE and fixed channel breakout orders complement each other well, in backtesting.