Lets go PIP'IN

Well, I am a little surprised by this thread. When I saw the title and the first few posts, I thought it was going to be another one of those congratulatory fictitious character style threads plugging some "strategy". It seems to have developed into a critical debate for the time being. Although I am still very skeptical of the final outcome. Could be interesting.

Was good enough for Kerry Packer.:whistling

Would be nice if I had his money wouldn't need to trade!!

Kerry Francis Bullmore Packer, AC (17 December 1937 – 26 December 2005), son of Sir Frank Packer, was an Australian media tycoon whose family company owned controlling interests in both the Nine television network and leading Australian publishing company Australian Consolidated Press (which were later merged to form Publishing and Broadcasting Limited (PBL). Packer was famous for his abrasive personality, his wealth, his lavish gambling habits, his expansive business empire and his highly publicised clashes with the Australian Taxation Office and the Costigan Royal Commission.

At the time of his death, Packer was the richest and one of the most influential men in Australia. In 2004 Business Review Weekly magazine estimated Packer's net worth at AUD 6.5 billion ($6.5 billion; about USD 5.4 billion).

Good Afternoon,

Just taking a break from the beach..

I hope everyone took the break of the 1.3933 took 50 pip profit at the reverse...

Will be back off vacation Monday and start the training..

LET"S GO PIP'IN:clap:

Visit us @ Let's Go PIP'IN

Why do people keep doing this? Starting up journals claiming they have been making money for years and they are going to show us how to do it... Then a few pages later they disappear off the face of the earth..... I don't get it!

Why do people keep doing this? Starting up journals claiming they have been making money for years and they are going to show us how to do it... Then a few pages later they disappear off the face of the earth..... I don't get it!

I don't know. They think that they can. I think it's like keeping a diary, plenty of enthusiasm in the first week of Jan, but it palls after a while. I've been on this site for years but, although I get the urge to write a journal, sometimes, I leave it alone because I know my character is not for writing posts on my experiments. Besides, getting shot at is ok once in a while, but on a daily basis, no thanks.

I think that once you start reading back on what you have written, you realise the potential there is for being the author of a load of crap.

To be the author of a journal needs a lot of time and charts. My trading would have to go on the back burner. Besides, I don't know that much. I wish others would admit the same. :

There are some excellent journals here, nevertheless, and I am not knocking them. Normally they can be spotted by the number of posts there are on the thread.

Any strategy that is prepared to risk 50 pts to make 50 or less pts is facing an uphill struggle. Most successful traders work on, at least, a 2:1 ratio of reward to risk and, frequently, 3+:1. If you think this is a sound strategy, may I, respectfully, suggest that you read books or articles that cover the mathematics of trading.

I have yet to be able to figure out a decent risk/reward ratio. :confused: My way is to figure out whether I think that the damned thing is going to go my way and the amount of risk that I am prepared to carry, in case it doesn't.

If I did calculate that I would only make a 1/1 ration, I would not take it, I agree. How to calculate it, though? There is so much in the market that is unsure.

Maybe forexkerry decided it wasnt worth the hassle and decided to keep all the profits to himself.

Maybe forexkerry decided it wasnt worth the hassle and decided to keep all the profits to himself.

Well TBH there wasn't much of a strat was there? Buy/sell in the oversold/overbought zones on 4 hour TFs with 50 pip stop loss when MACD is signalling all is OK and you won't lose..."yeah ha partner, saddle up and ride those stochastics...":p
I know I'm being flippant but it'll work...probably...:D

I was hoping that we were going to have a thread with lots of characters praising the great forexkerry and his "strategy". Pity.

Wow it has been a while and I am very sorry for falling off the face of the earth I have been tied up in some real estate transactions and helping my son get his new company ready to open after the first of the year. I do apologize for leaving everyone hanging in the balance I will be posting daily (Hopefully) as I have everything behind me now. I have been taking a few trades but I do not like to trade when distracted. I will be posting daily videos at forexkerry.blogspot.com starting next week so that you may understand my methods a little better. Once again my deepest apologies for leaving everyone hanging...

Lets Go PIP'in
Forexkerry

What a delight to find this thread.

Thanks ! I have been trading forex for just over 2 years and still struggling... made a bunch lost a bunch... still learning, organizing, looking at my need to over-trade too often. SO following a thread like this is a neat gift. Looking forward to it.
Pipster in Ca. :clap:

Wow it has been a while and I am very sorry for falling off the face of the earth I have been tied up in some real estate transactions and helping my son get his new company ready to open after the first of the year. I do apologize for leaving everyone hanging in the balance I will be posting daily (Hopefully) as I have everything behind me now. I have been taking a few trades but I do not like to trade when distracted. I will be posting daily videos at forexkerry.blogspot.com starting next week so that you may understand my methods a little better. Once again my deepest apologies for leaving everyone hanging...

Lets Go PIP'in
Forexkerry

I was hoping that we were going to have a thread with lots of characters praising the great forexkerry and his "strategy". Pity.

Lets Go PIP'in
Forexkerry