Learntotradethemarket

I haven't taken the course but if I was a beginner I probably would. Niall's videos are excellent, his strategies are simple and based on widely recognised and readily recognisable price action patterns, he avoids complicated batteries of indicators, his strategies are readily replicable. It's inconceivable that someone so generous of their own knowledge (see the mass of video clips on his site and his YouTube channel) would offer a poor deal on a training programme, which is much more competitively priced than many competitors'.

If I were you, even with the best training programme, I would also look into the quality of the post-training 'member' support and service, ask for testimonials and make direct contact to check them out, and I would still have to ask the question, 'If your trading methods are so good, why are you selling training?'.

I went through his videos a couple of years ago and agree with tomorton that they were excellent. He's a good communicator and the methods are sound.

The caveat is that you need to be happy to sit around for days waiting for a good setup on a daily chart (from what I remember).

The guy is a conman.
Add up a $300 course x number of subscribers, you don;t need to be a genious to see how much money they can earn in a year without even taking a trade.

Check out the j16 thread on forex factory.

I once posted on Nial's blog site asking if he learnt to trade from the free j16 thread on ff. He didn't reply but he did delete my post. Who knows why?

I'm sure he's not getting the return on his trading that his site users would think they would get. He doesn't use the silly numbers that the most obvious get-rich-quick scammers do, and his TA, money management, risk management etc. are pretty text-book stuff. He offers a lot of support and market analysis. I think he's a capable trader and his offering is better value than most.....

but.....

if he really is as good a trader as he looks but he still has to sell training to make a living, I find that a most depressing thought.

He has just hit 4000 paying customers I believe.

$330 a pop x 4000 = $1.32 million.

Nice work if you can get it.

Check out the j16 thread on forex factory.

I once posted on Nial's blog site asking if he learnt to trade from the free j16 thread on ff. He didn't reply but he did delete my post. Who knows why?

He always deletes any negative post.
It's ironic but on every new blog, there is an immediate post along the lines of "oh Neil I love you, you're training is great blah blah".
I posted a few comments on some TA with a negative view and it was deleted.

I'm sure he's not getting the return on his trading that his site users would think they would get. He doesn't use the silly numbers that the most obvious get-rich-quick scammers do, and his TA, money management, risk management etc. are pretty text-book stuff. He offers a lot of support and market analysis. I think he's a capable trader and his offering is better value than most.....

but.....

if he really is as good a trader as he looks but he still has to sell training to make a living, I find that a most depressing thought.

That's the point text book TA and how many different types of TA are on his blogs. Simple fact is, you cannot use ALL those types of TA to trade at the same time. He is a blue Peter trader who matches the analysis after to fit one type of TA method.

You guys are saps!

So what if he has just made 1.32 mil on his course in fact its not the course you pay for its access to the forum. So he is a dam good salesman. But that is not the piont. The piont is, it works PA works his method works. It is sound and solid, no BS. No frills.

What I do agree on though, he is a "control freek" you might be banned or your post deleted if you do not stick to his very regamented rules. But in saying that the forum is directed at his methods not your own. That makes the forum good. Chopping and changing methods dont make money. All I can say is his does.

I once did a portfolio I told everyone I will post results after I have worked them out. Which would take a while. Nial didn't know what the results might of been and banned me from posting them! and the results where good. I posted them anyway. So the young boy Nial does tend to cut of his nose to spite his face quite often. Looks like he managed to have his thread deleted to. As this one is new.

So even though you guys are Saps. I agree. Nial is the Boss and you kiss his feet or fly from the forum! Poor Nial he is helping so many traders so maybe we should be greatful.

I dont mean to be rude. Calling you guys saps. Just my sence of humor. I dont know if you have a sence of humor but if you dont have one this might help. "I am a sap to you know." So dont take it personally. I am a nice person in reality. I am laughing now. I am making money because of Nial's teaching. You might make money james16 too. But the price?
Show me a method which gives you a 1:2 or more risk reward every trade and I be interested but anything else will fail in the long run. Good luck to all of you.

On a serious note. I dont know if Nial is still trading and just making money on the course. Fact is trading is probably harder at the level his forum is now raking in. He is a good teacher, I dont have the talent to present the videos like he does. But that doesn't make him a fraud or scamer or a waste of money either.

Last edited:
so it is not his system and he is selling it!

what a con!

it is $317

He still cons people, even getting his clones to post on other sites to promote to catch more mugs. The original idea from J16 at Forex Factory is free (he has a private forum but you dont have to join) and he seems a helpful guy as does the many people who post there.

What I find really obvious in the forum is the rule not to name any brokers, "write to Nial personally" he says. If that isnt obvious how he is making money I dont know what is.
That is like saying, - Join the broker which pays me for your trades!!!!! or something similer. "CAUTION"

It is obvious that Nial is not always honest. You need to see the method behind his money sceaming. Just put all the bull**** behind you which happens in the forum and get on with the trading part of it. That is genuine.

I still would recommend it over and above James16 which is overly expencive and wont give you more for your money. I also hate it when james16 followers have to always do there adverstising here!! THAT SUCKS!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Just wanted to update. A complaint about Nials methods regarding deleting posts.

You really have to excuse him. It isn't half obious that he does make money out of recomending his broker to you. It is all very secretive. No body is to mention brokers or give recommendations in the the members forum, he calls it advertising and those posts will be deleted. He tells all to ask him personally. But dont let that discourage you. What I can tell you is that at the beinging he recommended to take the demo FX LITE which has US CLOSE and is an unlimmited demo also TRADE INTERCEPTOR you can change to suit and offers many different brokers. Just thought I would let you know incase you didn't like his broker or had one you liked using already. But other than the fact that he is being paid by recommending you I still say getting back to trading his methods are excellent. Just a shame he needs to do something like this to earn more money I guess. Trading is a hard business so if you are earning a better income in teaching then you would do the same.