Ladbrokes FX

Hilarious reply from Lads that. Sounds like they put everything in the same boat, them vs you, and thus don't hedge the hourly bets either (I wondered about this).

What indicators do you think are good for trading ladbroke's 5 min fx thing? I am trying zigzags and an overbought/ oversold indicator then waiting for it to give a good quote. Still a bit hit and miss though and in no danger of having my profits limited!
I'm trying to just put trades on in the last 30 secs but not sure whether this matters. Any ideas...?

xtf said:
What indicators do you think are good for trading ladbroke's 5 min fx thing? I am trying zigzags and an overbought/ oversold indicator then waiting for it to give a good quote. Still a bit hit and miss though and in no danger of having my profits limited!
I'm trying to just put trades on in the last 30 secs but not sure whether this matters. Any ideas...?

The best indicators are those which you have the most experience with, but you don't really need any. You should be able to win using only price bars, but an overbought/oversold indicator may help you. In order to tip the balance in your favour you'll need to be aware of longer timeframes and all intraday support/resistance levels.

I wouldn't recommend the 5min game to anyone who can't already comfortably beat short-term cable, as the extra time dimension can sometimes make this game harder than trading cable for real!

HTH
c6

Last edited:
c6ackp said:
The best indicators are those which you have the most experience with, but you don't really need any. You should be able to win using only price bars, but an overbought/oversold indicator may help you. In order to tip the balance in your favour you'll need to be aware of longer timeframes and all intraday support/resistance levels.

I wouldn't recommend the 5min game to anyone who can't already comfortably beat short-term cable, as the extra time dimension can sometimes make this game harder than trading cable for real!

HTH
c6

Thanks. Yes there were a few times where another thirty seconds would have given me a winner. So just candlesticks should be able to do it? I could do with a chart which changes as often as theirs does- metatrader seems to just stay put a lot of the time. I think I'm right in saying there isn't a way to close trades with the 1.83 odds as you'd end up -17 with 1 winner and one loser. You still doing it?

Last edited:
xtf said:
Thanks. Yes there were a few times where another thirty seconds would have given me a winner. So just candlesticks should be able to do it? I could do with a chart which changes as often as theirs does- metatrader seems to just stay put a lot of the time. I think I'm right in saying there isn't a way to close trades with the 1.83 odds as you'd end up -17 with 1 winner and one loser. You still doing it?

If you get in early, say 3/4 minutes to go and the market moves quickly in your favour - then it signals a change of direction with say between 1/2 minutes to go, a big reaction could turn the trade into a loser. Therefore, you should place another bet in the opposite direction to capture the range and win 2 bets in the same 5min period.

As always, it all takes a lot of practice and discipline.

They severely restricted my account, so it's not really worth the extra concentration required to play futures and the Ladbrokes game at the same time.

c6

Happened to me exactly the same!

I just can't help but disappointed with ladbrokes.. when they launched the platform they said they welcome anyone to the challenge and now we've been profitable and just shut me out like that..

What a BIG ASS JOKE!!

Just logged in to my Ladbrokes account to place a few "fun" trades. My stakes had previously been "factored" down so that my max. payout was only £10, but I figured I'd play for £10 a go anyway...

I won the first 4 cable 5min bets I placed and they immediately reduced my max. payout to 5p!

Can you put a trade on, through USA news at 1,30 uk time.

what do you guys trade the 5min or hour time frames, also what do you find best moving odss or static odds...ho can you trade 250,00 bets. I mean is it worth opening an account

cheers

laptop1 said:
Can you put a trade on, through USA news at 1,30 uk time.

what do you guys trade the 5min or hour time frames, also what do you find best moving odss or static odds...ho can you trade 250,00 bets. I mean is it worth opening an account

cheers

It's worth opening an account, but if you win consistently then you know what will happen. Once you are familiar with the platform you need to bet big a.s.a.p. to get as much as possible before they restrict you.

When I was allowed to play, I only bet £50 a time as I thought maybe they would let me play longer at that level. The initial maximum payout was around £500 per bet (remember you can place a bet every 5 minutes!). I played static odds 1.83x. Use 6x odds for news and 1st pullback on a strong move.

A few months ago it was easy to get in at 1:30 but I think you are more likely to get "Price has expired" now as they seem to be getting more strict.

Good Luck
c6

c6ackp said:
It's worth opening an account, but if you win consistently then you know what will happen. Once you are familiar with the platform you need to bet big a.s.a.p. to get as much as possible before they restrict you.

When I was allowed to play, I only bet £50 a time as I thought maybe they would let me play longer at that level. The initial maximum payout was around £500 per bet (remember you can place a bet every 5 minutes!). I played static odds 1.83x. Use 6x odds for news and 1st pullback on a strong move.

A few months ago it was easy to get in at 1:30 but I think you are more likely to get "Price has expired" now as they seem to be getting more strict.

Good Luck
c6
Thanks c6ackp

I was searching for Financial bets and come across a site tradergames? Have heard of them, they all at it. anyway I may give it a go and trade 250 a bet and see what happens.but my guess is they will stop me just like you guys

:devilish: Worldspreads :devilish: done it to me, I could only place a bet by phone in 5 the end, because I was a winning client.

cheers

laptop1 said:
Thanks c6ackp

I was searching for Financial bets and come across a site tradergames? Have heard of them, they all at it. anyway I may give it a go and trade 250 a bet and see what happens.but my guess is they will stop me just like you guys

:devilish: Worldspreads :devilish: done it to me, I could only place a bet by phone in 5 the end, because I was a winning client.

cheers

I think Worldspreads are a different company to IG/BinaryBet, they probably have their own set of people who make trading decisions. Have you been limited by IG/BinaryBet? Usually they are pretty tolerant of winning punters, that may be because they do more volume than other binary sites

jules101 said:
I think Worldspreads are a different company to IG/BinaryBet, they probably have their own set of people who make trading decisions. Have you been limited by IG/BinaryBet? Usually they are pretty tolerant of winning punters, that may be because they do more volume than other binary sites
Jules

I dont't play Binary bets. I trade direct accses.But if there are offers around with spreadbet firms or any new firms coming in to the market, I will take a look, the reason I went with worldspreads was, because of they offer on instant execution and 1 pip spread, what a joke

I will take a look at ladbrokes next week and see if there is a way to make money on the 5 min time frame.

I have had an account with IG for years, but only play postion trades with them.

laptop1 said:
Jules

I dont't play Binary bets. I trade direct accses.But if there are offers around with spreadbet firms or any new firms coming in to the market, I will take a look, the reason I went with worldspreads was, because of they offer on instant execution and 1 pip spread, what a joke

I will take a look at ladbrokes next week and see if there is a way to make money on the 5 min time frame.

I have had an account with IG for years, but only play postion trades with them.

Seeing what has happened to those attempting to use ladbrokes deal, and after reading what has happened to you with worldspreads, why then try ladbrokes? It sounds like you are going to give yourself something more to get annoyed about as no-one who has been succesful with them has been allowed to continue.

Why go through the headache?

You are correct wasp, but if I can take them for 3 to 5 k in a short time why not? c6 made 4 k off them...

The reason I kept on about worldspreads, is what they done to my sister I seen it all. 7 trading boxes she had to contend with very confusing even to someone like my self who have been trading for years.

laptop1 said:
Thanks c6ackp

cheers

I'm pretty sure that tradergames.com is finished. betdaq were going to try to re-launch the site, but it looks unlikely now. You have to make a special request to withdraw money and the site has been dead for many months.

It was very good for a while, but myself and one other trader were winning almost all the games: I guess the losing punters got fed up and closed their accounts...

c6

c6ackp said:
I'm pretty sure that tradergames.com is finished. betdaq were going to try to re-launch the site, but it looks unlikely now. You have to make a special request to withdraw money and the site has been dead for many months.

It was very good for a while, but myself and one other trader were winning almost all the games: I guess the losing punters got fed up and closed their accounts...

c6
I had a look at the site, it seem a good idea I notice there have been 1000s of games taken place on the site.

Did you find it easy to make money on it and who was the other trader who was wining all the time I put a search in and have a look. I am sure this could have taken off. I notice there was 250 pound games playing against 4 other traders, that's a 1000 pound pot. um not bad...

Maybe trade2win could buy it. There over 40,000 members here to have a go. anyway