Ladbrokes FX

Looks like they changed the software over the weekend. I got "Price is no longer valid" three times today & one of those was a 6X winner!

Still good fun though :)
c6

They probably just put your account on their "suspected winners" list, where they reject a much higher proportion of bets than normal. The next stage after that is that they start reducing your maximum profit per bet (initially £500)...

jules101 said:
They probably just put your account on their "suspected winners" list, where they reject a much higher proportion of bets than normal. The next stage after that is that they start reducing your maximum profit per bet (initially £500)...

I think you are correct Jules - they've reduced my maximum win per bet to £100

c6ackp said:
Looks like they changed the software over the weekend. I got "Price is no longer valid" three times today & one of those was a 6X winner!

c6

Can you tell please, was this on the five minute bets?

jules101 said:
Who said other financial companies don't close or limit accounts of proven winners? I opened an account with finspreads a while back and I won fairly consistently over a period of a few weeks - they then started taking ages to provide me with a quote (often 30 seconds or more, it started off as 1-2 second delay). There are other threads on people being limited by IG, Cantor, etc.

jacko'clubs said:
Oh, don't say that, I've just opened a Finspreads account and have been impressed at the speed of quote/fill...! It'll be downhill from here then...

What a bunch of jokers. Account opened this week. Consistently made money trading cable since then, but only half a dozen trades. Started well, as stated above, but already the delays to the quote are, as you say, 30 secs+, which this afternoon cost me several hundred quid when I couldn't get a trade closed that I wanted to. So it's taken less than a week for them to handicap my account to the extent that I won't use them anymore.

Well I opened an account and my maximim bet size is £100 even though I haven't as yet placed a single bet. How do you get a £500 maximum bet? Also is it possible to close bets early with Ladbrokes (as you can with Binary Bet) or are you stuck with them until expiry as with Betonmarkets?

If I could get a £500 maximum bet and the ability to close bets early then I would definitely switch from Betonmarkets to Ladbrokes.

notouch said:
Well I opened an account and my maximim bet size is £100 even though I haven't as yet placed a single bet. How do you get a £500 maximum bet? Also is it possible to close bets early with Ladbrokes (as you can with Binary Bet) or are you stuck with them until expiry as with Betonmarkets?

If I could get a £500 maximum bet and the ability to close bets early then I would definitely switch from Betonmarkets to Ladbrokes.

You can't sell early with Ladbrokes and If you are making money with BOM I would stick with them.

adrianallen99 said:
You can't sell early with Ladbrokes and If you are making money with BOM I would stick with them.

You can always sell early, just back the opposite direction. Ladbrokes don't have a facility to work out the exact amount you need to bet to get equal profit either way (like the "close bets" facility of BinaryBet), but you should be able to work out the approximate amount in your head

jules101 said:
You can always sell early, just back the opposite direction.

That really depends on which type of bet you are using - If you are using moving levels, you could run the risk of losing both bets. If you use fixed levels moving odds, the odds might be so bad that you cover very little of your loss.

Having said that, it probably is possible with a bit of thought, to develop a successful strategy betting both ways to minimise loss and maximise profit, but if you are capable of this and make decent profits, you then run the risk of bets not being accepted.

Backing the opposite direction isn't the same thing at all as closing the bet early. The only possible outcomes with that are you win both, you lose both or you win one and lose the other (making no profit). BinaryBet is better because if the price goes against you you can close early to limit your losses or if it goes in your favour but you're worried it might come back, you can take profit early. Although as the previous poster mentioned you could replicate that to a certain extent using the moving odds.

notouch said:
Backing the opposite direction isn't the same thing at all as closing the bet early. The only possible outcomes with that are you win both, you lose both or you win one and lose the other (making no profit). BinaryBet is better because if the price goes against you you can close early to limit your losses or if it goes in your favour but you're worried it might come back, you can take profit early. Although as the previous poster mentioned you could replicate that to a certain extent using the moving odds.

For moving odds / fixed level, backing the opposite direction is identical to closing the bet early, assuming you have calculated the exact amount you need to bet to achieve equal profit/loss for both outcomes. The advantage of BinaryBet is that it does this calculation for you automatically so all you have to click is "Close Bet".

Which other companies offer similar (cable based) games based on 5min intervals? Any other recommendations, please?

Thanks,
c6

There are weird gaps e.g. 11.30-11.40 BST today when Ladbrokes just says 'No Betting at the moment'. Any idea what's going on? Are they doing this to everybody? :?:

Clip-on Tie said:
There are weird gaps e.g. 11.30-11.40 BST today when Ladbrokes just says 'No Betting at the moment'. Any idea what's going on? Are they doing this to everybody? :?:

Yes, I experienced those outages too. I guess they simply lost their price feed for a while...

c6

It might be a bit speculative, but if you use the tickchart, you can really make some money here (untill you get limited offcourse ;)).

I've started yesterday with 10 Euro and my current balance is 151 Euro. So that's a profit of 1500% in 2 days ;).

vanderpas said:
It might be a bit speculative, but if you use the tickchart, you can really make some money here (untill you get limited offcourse ;)).

I've started yesterday with 10 Euro and my current balance is 151 Euro. So that's a profit of 1500% in 2 days ;).

Yes, it's a good way to pass time while waiting for "real" trading opportunities.

Just for fun, I turned £10 into more than £2k...

Had a good day today on the EUR/USD hourlies :cheesy: but it seems intelligence isn't a prerequisite to success because I'm too stupid to work out how to "close" a trade using fixed level moving odds :eek: . Fortunately I didn't have to today but I'm sure I will in future. I know you can't actually close a trade but posters previously mentioned it was possible to in effect do this by taking the opposite bet. Trouble is I can't figure out how to calculate the appropriate closing stake. E.g. if I put a bet on at evens for the level to close above 1.2850 and the level moved to say 1.2870 how would I calculate how much to put on the opposite bet? And what if the level moved to 1.2830 and I wanted to cut my losses?