Knowledge to action, Secker against the grain

In fact I have another good tip for you. Get two demo accounts, go short on one and long on the other, just post the winning trades.

In fact I have another good tip for you. Get two demo accounts, go short on one and long on the other, just post the winning trades.

I suggest he video's the trade for extra credability. That's what every other vendor does :LOL:

Take 100 trades each day, retrospectively post 2 or 3 of the best and the occassional small loser and you can soon have them handing over credit card details :LOL:

I smell a rat...

Pete

Don't, because there are no rats about.
I'm here to learn and to trade succesfully so you'll soon see my participation in more threads.
You should know that I didn't just walk off the street.
I've got an Engineering background, I'm succesful with other investment vehicles and fx trading doesn't scare me.
However, being an Engineer I like to follow process so courses are the easiest and quickest way for me to trade succesfully.
I chose this particular training because I felt that it has something to offer.
Other people will say that it is a waste of time and will do it their own way.
There is no right or wrong way
What tools we use in our journey depends only on us.

Regarding the UK course I don't know if it is exactly the same thing as the one I've just done but as I said earlier a course could be as bad or brilliant as the trainer and I've had some bad ones in my time.....

Of course you'll post proof that you took the trades with a screenshot of your account. Otherwise dont bother.

Now you're putting me under pressure. :)
Actually it wouldn't be hard to post a first winning trade because I already have 3 brand new live accounts so I've got a 3 chances of getting it right :cheesy:. And if I get it all wrong I can keep opening accounts till I win. :clap:

But here's what I'll do.
I'll start a new thread and document my fx journey and will include screenshots

not taken the course, have no intention of taking any, regardless of how useless i am at actual trading. i do stuff at my own pace and happy to do that, i am in no rush and am never sucked in by the "gurus" offering great success and riches, it's only marketing, walk on by is my advise

now to be on topic. i've long suspected and in many cases have seen evidence that these gurus gloss up and market free stuff. vince stanzione actually boasted about it at a marketing (not trading) seminar advertised online.

what does secker promote? is it the same? is it free online. if so then you're paying an extremely high price for learning structure, incredibly high price, to the point of being a rip off.

let's look at the evidence.

a blog of an attendee taken at genuine random on a google search

Knowledge to Action (K2A) – Greg Secker « IntraDay Forex Trading

some quotes

There is nothing in the course that you cannot read in a few £20 books and read for free on the internet

at the boot camp

Out of 2 days there was 1 trade (that was a discretionary trade) that made money – not 1 of the strategies taught on the course were taken by “professional” traders which left all of us a little confused

conclusion
This was a no brainer piece of advice for me – don’t waste your money. If you look hard enough around London area you can find the same thing for a lot less.

They also try to sell you eSignal for $100/month and tell you without this you won’t have an edge. In my opinion this is a disgrace – I was the only person not using eSignal so I imagine how much the kick back was to K2A for those referrals.

In summary I am more convinced that Greg Secker makes more money from training that he does from trading as do his coaches. Have not seen or heard anything since to make me think otherwise. I am sure these guys trade and maybe some of them trade successfully, they talk a good game, just something in me isn’t 100% convinced of them as I am of what they sell

says it all for me really. now, where were we, ah yes ecnjesus, now that's a far more interesting topic than this :D

says it all for me really

Actually I've also read some not so good comments about these guys as well but it was after I had paid for the course (otherwise I would have probably got cold feet).
I haven't been to the bootcamp course but from what I've heard it isn't worth the money they are charging so I gave it a miss.

I also didn't buy esignal as they suggested because there is other freely supplied software to use but in the course I saw that it has some functions which will be very useful to me.
Look at it this way, if it increases my success rate and it makes my life easier, it will be money well spent
and if after a month or 2 I decide I don't need it I can cancel the subscription

Last edited:
so it follows that in order to avoid extreme marketed high price courses we only need the knowledge to follow our own structured learning. and for free! not 10's of thousands of pounds from the marketeers.

a couple helpful examples to follow are

our very own timsk's trading plan template
Trading Plan Template

prop trading learning structure
Free Proprietary Trading Training

perhaps members could add more to the cause of structured self learning. know of any good ones then post them up :)

Actually I've also read some not so good comments about these guys as well but it was after I had paid for the course, I haven't been to the bootcamp course but from what I've heard it isn't worth the money they are charging so I gave it a miss.

I also didn't buy esignal as they suggested because there is other freely supplied software to use but in the course I saw that it has some functions which will be very useful to me.
Look at it this way, if it increases my success rate and it makes my life easier, it will be money well spent and if after a month or 2 I decide I don't need it I can cancel the subscription

that's cool bill, good luck :)

Do you understand?]

I'm sure they'll realise that constructive critisisim is a good thing,
IMO they have a good thing going, they just need to ditch the sales pitch and concentrate on employing good trainers

If you cut the tongues from people it doesn't stop the talk, it only makes people more suspicious.

The only way to make money in the markets is for someone else to be losing money. Surely we must take a strong line to promote KtoA as a source of naive punters to benefit the rest of us?

;)

(only joking, honest..............)

The only way to make money in the markets is for someone else to be losing money. ;)
Not entirely true IMO, that someone else could have bought at a better rate than us and he's just taking profit. Now that I have found a decent broker (low spreads is important IMO) I take profit often and I re-enter the market at a different time