Knowledge to action, Secker against the grain

haha you guys are such a funny lot so here is what I'll do.

I'll thank the few of you who tried to help,
I'll look into the few suggestions
and I will end my contribution to this thread.

Bint
I'll take you up on that offer so expect a PM shortly

"How many of you in the audience are hapless richboy wannabes? How many of you want to be rich? If so you can FORK RIGHT OFF."
Taken from my trade course selling presentation

What makes more sense - spending quite a lot of money to be taught the skill of trading or going thousands of £ in debt just to go to university and ending up with no skill afterwards?

Quite frankly, if it hadnt been for my university education, I very much doubt that I'd have developed the skills to become a trader.

Those same skills that I learned at univesity where also directly responsible for pretty much everything I've ever achieved.

The majority of university students would probably look back and see the benefits, I doubt there's many of KTA's students who could say the same.

Hare , what's so special about Uni skills? I thought students just spent their time drinking , taking drugs and shagging.

Hare , what's so special about Uni skills? I thought students just spent their time drinking , taking drugs and shagging.

Developing the ability to think is probably the most important aspect. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, developing the ability to think is not really a skill thats taught in schools, college, or even as part of any undergraduate course.

The kind of general reseach skills that are developed as part of most post graduate study are quite useful.

On a more practical level, stats and probability, and a bit of maths have been quite useful to me.

If I had to bet on some guy who just spent 3K with KTA, and an oxbridge PhD, I know who my money would be on.

Developing the ability to think is probably the most important aspect. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, developing the ability to think is not really a skill thats taught in schools, college, or even as part of any undergraduate course.

The kind of general reseach skills that are developed as part of most post graduate study are quite useful.

On a more practical level, stats and probability, and a bit of maths have been quite useful to me.

If I had to bet on some guy who just spent 3K with KTA, and an oxbridge PhD, I know who my money would be on.

So you spent your time at Uni actually working, novel aspect no doubt:LOL::LOL:

I wouldn't put my money on KTA either, but neither would I put it on a girly swot Phd.
The most important part of trading is plannong, having the discipline to follow that plan and the discipline to dismantle and examine each and every trade you take.

Hi Binty

I just finished the 2 day course in Sydney and I found it very good.
I think what people take from a course would largely depend on the presenter and the guy we had today was brilliant.

There were approx 90 people in the room so plenty of suckers @ $5K each.

There was an american guy there as well who was trying to sign us up to their unlimited wealth package worth $50K and selling TODAY ONLY for $20K.
He offered 5 spots as it was a limited number program for the selected few who wanted to get to the top.
This was oversubscribed (6 people signed up)

I gave this one a miss but I signed up to a 3 day mastertrader course with 12 additional coaching lessons for $8K.
Now does this make you pull your hair out or what? :cheesy:

Last edited:
Hi Binty

I think what people take from a course would largely depend on the presenter and the guy we had today was brilliant.

There was an american guy there as well who was trying to sign us up to their unlimited wealth package worth $50K and selling today for $20K.
He offered 5 spots as it was a limited program for the selected few who wanted to get to the top. This was oversubscribed (6 people signed up)

I gave this one a miss but I signedf up on a mastertrader course with 12 additional coaching for $8K.
Does this make you pull your hair out or what? :cheesy:

It isnt really the 2 day course that gets you 'the skill' - its the 1 on 1 coaching you get afterwards in my opinion. Although you might need more than the included ones. The live trading floor helped me a lot too because it would have been too hard for me to find my own setups at first.

Don't listen to anyone who says they aren't real traders and they are just selling courses because its complete rubbish.

I dont think you should have done the master trader though - I think you would have been better spending that on 1 on 1 coaching.

Hi Binty

There was an american guy there as well who was trying to sign us up to their unlimited wealth package worth $50K and selling TODAY ONLY for $20K.
He offered 5 spots as it was a limited number program for the selected few who wanted to get to the top.
This was oversubscribed (6 people signed up)

I gave this one a miss but I signed up to a 3 day mastertrader course with 12 additional coaching lessons for $8K.
Now does this make you pull your hair out or what? :cheesy:

Well I must apologise for misjudging you initially. You are a complete idiot after all. Either that or a windup.

Don't listen to anyone who says they aren't real traders and they are just selling courses because its complete rubbish.
Yes I know, in a room with so many people, a presenter with no trading experience would not stand a chance and he would not have been able to take the course to the depth he took it today.

I dont think you should have done the master trader though - I think you would have been better spending that on 1 on 1 coaching.
Have you done the mastertrader yourself?
By default it comes with 6 coaching lessons and I've got a combo package so I'll get an additional 12 lessons.

Yes I know, in a room with so many people, a presenter with no trading experience would not stand a chance and he would not have been able to take the course to the depth he took it today.

Have you done the mastertrader yourself?
By default it comes with 6 coaching lessons and I've got a combo package so I'll get an additional 12 lessons.

A presenter with no trading experience in a room full of fools with no trading experience would probably do OK.

Well I must apologise for misjudging you initially. You are a complete idiot after all. Either that or a windup.

mate the world is full of idiots, but in their own eyes they are pretty smart. :rolleyes:

For example, you could be trading for years, learning as you go making heaps or mistakes & losing heaps of $ when you could spend some of that $ to learn a few things so you manage your risk better and therefore increase your winnings earlier on in the process.

Either way you'll kiss your money goodbye, there are no shortcuts but in my case I'll get to where I want to get sooner and hopefully won't lose interest in the process....

mate the world is full of idiots, but in their own eyes they are pretty smart. :rolleyes:

For example, you could be trading for years, learning as you go making heaps or mistakes & losing heaps of $ when you could spend some of that $ to learn a few things so you manage your risk better and therefore increase your winnings earlier on in the process.

Either way you'll kiss your money goodbye, there are no shortcuts but in my case I'll get to where I want to get sooner and hopefully won't lose interest in the process....

So start trading tomorrow and see how you get on. You'll realise soon enough that you've just fallen for a load of get rich quick marketing...twice.

A presenter with no trading experience in a room full of fools with no trading experience would probably do OK.

Actually quite a few had previous trading experience and came along because they wanted to perfect their technique.
A few had done other forex courses as well but I don't know what they had done.

Anyway, I'm not here to defend them, I was annoyed by the sales pitch and the pressure they put on people to sign up on the day (because this special offer won't be available later) but I saw value in what they had on offer and that's what its all about isn't it?

Like I said start trading tomorrow on a live account and see the value for yourself.

So start trading tomorrow and see how you get on. You'll realise soon enough that you've just fallen for a load of get rich quick marketing...twice.

Ok, I'll put on a few IG trades starting Tue morning (Sydney time).
For other strategies I'll rely heavily on esignal and I'm not confident with the software yet

Ok, I'll put on a few IG trades starting Tue morning (Sydney time).
For other strategies I'll rely heavily on esignal and I'm not confident with the software yet

Of course you'll post proof that you took the trades with a screenshot of your account. Otherwise dont bother.