Killer Comm

jamespp83

Hey guys quick question...Ive been making about 50 trades a day on a demo platform and as you can imagine the comm is a killer. Which company do you think I should be using for this amount of trades??? will it be better for me to use someone that charges no comm or one which charges a small amount???

thanks in advance for your help

J

dma sounds the way to go, there's always commission/costs, when its added to the spread it tends to be more expensive though.

Depends what size you're trading, what pairs etc. Honestly, 50 trades a day sounds like too much; you'll bleed away any p&l in spread wheather you pay com or not. Sure some people can be profitable trading that frequently, but most aren't.

Short answer, if you're small size, trade with a reputable spread only house. Doesn't sound like your running positions, so you shouldn't have to worry too much about stops, although requotes will kill you. If you're big enough to use currenex, or similar, then that's the way to go.

Depends what size you're trading, what pairs etc. Honestly, 50 trades a day sounds like too much; you'll bleed away any p&l in spread wheather you pay com or not. Sure some people can be profitable trading that frequently, but most aren't.

Short answer, if you're small size, trade with a reputable spread only house. Doesn't sound like your running positions, so you shouldn't have to worry too much about stops, although requotes will kill you. If you're big enough to use currenex, or similar, then that's the way to go.

This will be the main difference for him switching from demo to live 'no more instant fills'

I believe alpari is running a 23% interest promotion on free margin if you make umpteen trades per day.. I saw a banner ad the other day for it.. I make about 2 trades per day, but were I a scalper I might consider storing my money with them.. If you're a wishy-washy trader, and I'm not saying you are, you could make up for a lot of losses if you put in $10,000 and never occupied more than $2,000 in collateral for your scalps.. I applaud you for using your demo account to learn scalping by the way. I find it to be the most useful and realistic usage of a demo account.

Of course, I'm sure they are trading with your money and that puts it at risk, but if risk really bugged you you wouldn't be a retail trader ;) I'm sure they have traders capable of producing far more than 23% APR on an investment. I produce many times more than that I have a lot of holes in my technique :LOL:

Last edited: