Just crushed my account - almost - what now?

if you are insisting on keeping your trading account alive then trade those contracts which have smaller tick $. If I suffer like you, i stick with NQ because its $5 per tick and trade only one lot. Try to build your account slowly. Dont try to get larger moves but be happy with 10/15/20 ticks daily.

Everyone has a bad trading day or month. Learn from it and move on . But never trade without a stop. Many people say they always trade with a stop but they dont . They gamble this one time. I have and have lost as much as $7000 . Expensive lesson I know but have learned and moved on . Much better to be safe with a stop and use it religousley then get spanked by the market. Trick is to still have funds in your account to trade another day. Hope this helps.

Years ago, I entered an order to buy stock, took a nap, and woke up to find my order was filled as the company declared bankruptcy. Whoops!

Consider your losses growing pains, and hopefully, loss carry-forwards.

Look bruv this is wha u gota do...listen carefuly

take dat cash out, take ur girlfriend or wife, and go out and chill. (for a number of days or weeeks)
do some chilling, maxing, relaxing and nuffing to taxing.

den when u feel good trade again. but with a smaller amount.

hope it works out

There are sites availabel on the internet which are suitable for learning and taking training about forex. I know some forex broker sites that provides training of forex market and its trading as well. These sites are like Etoro, Iforex, Money-Forex, AVAFX etc........ You can register at this side and can take the knowledge and experience of trading this market.

Forex is better than SEX

Forget the options and futures way to much to remember.

Take that 1400euro and drop it in a forex account, there are so many good brokers with excellent trading systems.

I can recommend a few if you like.

Underlying of your mind is of complete oblivion, you know that. when your down you gotta get back up. Forex can help you with that, you can make bucks and limit your risks. But if you don't use stops in the forex just like whatever you were trading before... You'll get crushed again and again.

Just don't use a 30 pip stop or you'll get crushed over and over and over 1400 times

Stop trading. Paper trade. Trade very small lots and make your goal not to lose money. When you become consistent at not losing money, increase your lot size. You become consistent and succesful, leverage yourself. Leverage success, not failure. This is what some traders told me when I burned out my first account.

Yes, I`ve done it, forgot that my stops were mental only - not hard, so I`m left in one account with 1400 € only. So what to do now? I won`t put fresh money into this one. remaining options would be to close the account or to trade, whatever could be traded with that small amount. As the account is purely a futures account I can`t switch to options. Just futures, no cfd`s, just futures, no spot forex, just futures.

Choices (due to margin requirements) would be the smaller gold contract, eurexx eurostock sector futures, mini ibex, SSFs, spreads, anything I forgot?

Any recommendations?

HIttfeld

The solution for this problem (what to trade with a small/verry small futures account) has been solved:

In this account (no, its not with IB) e-micros have been enabled for trading: forex futures (majors), the size of minilots, ca 270-500 margin and 1as pipvalue. This will allow me to trade up to 2 contracts with proper MM until this account has been rebuilt.

Regards

Hittfeld

Yes, I`ve done it, forgot that my stops were mental only - not hard, so I`m left in one account with 1400 € only. So what to do now? I won`t put fresh money into this one. remaining options would be to close the account or to trade, whatever could be traded with that small amount. As the account is purely a futures account I can`t switch to options. Just futures, no cfd`s, just futures, no spot forex, just futures.

Choices (due to margin requirements) would be the smaller gold contract, eurexx eurostock sector futures, mini ibex, SSFs, spreads, anything I forgot?

Any recommendations?

HIttfeld

Here's what you do:

1) Get your head together.
2) Keep Trading.
3) Never trade options- you can't win.
4) Realize that money, no matter how large or how small, means nothing because it is a result not a cause; therefore forget about the money (it has nothing to do with trading) and focus on doing the right thing. If you do the right thing the money will take care of itself.

-Good Luck-

Jessica,

If he has not worked out what do yet, then there is no hope for him!
Thread is over 3 years ago.

As he didn`t follow any of the advice given here -- he`s still in the market --

Regards

How's it working out Hittfield? Good to hear you're in the market still. Did you move on to another platform/broker? Not able to adjust stops on futures is something a platform shouldn't have.

I never throw good money after bad money, thats why I won`t put fresh cash into it

Simples, close it out and put into one of your other accounts and strategy that has performed well for you.

Without knowing your ATR, objectives, time horizon, existing portfolio know one could give you advice anyway.

I think you know this and have already made your mind up and are just expressing your frustration by starting a meaningless thread that you wouldn't act upon anyway.

Cheers,

S.

lol, just realised this is a super old thread... he is probably a hobo under some bridge eating leftover hamburgers and screaming random profanities at random passers-by now...

S.

lol, just realised this is a super old thread... he is probably a hobo under some bridge eating leftover hamburgers and screaming random profanities at random passers-by now...

S.

Yes, he's two cardboard boxes down the line from Black Swan.

S.

pffft, ackkk...who dusted off this thread? :LOL:

Peter

Remove the money until you know what you are doing. That's my advice.

When do you plan on going live then? :p

This isn't very good advice. SIM Trading is as much use as t1ts on a bull.

Go with extremely small size. It's possible. You can trade for pennies with some brokers and that is a much healthier exercise than SIM.