It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Dan,
Well 1 day into trying the slightly longer term strategy(leaving it open all day lol) and up 160 odd pips in cable.:clap: Banked a good bit of it and now hoping for a bit of a drop overnight so i can get in again in the morning at a better price but if a couple of days a week work out like today ill be a happy chap:cheers:.
See you all in the morning.
Andy s

Well done Andy...

Its the way forward my friend and with the new format of the 2 sessions, the 2nd quarter of this year should be very (pip) profitable.

See u tom.

D

Good morning all

I am now long of CABLE and GBPJPY again from yesterday. It is worth keeping an eye on my thread below.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/38994-s-all-about-pips-160.html

CABLE
• I entered CABLE yesterday on bounce of the 4hr 20ma at 1.4350.
• The good news is we have broken the 4hr 50ma.
• Look for the Golden Cross next for confirmed support and will look to add again in the buy zone with stop behind immediate support.

EURUSD
• Slightly behind CABLE with strength against the USD and this is confirmed with EURGBP weakening.
• Look for next up trigger on 60min chart and support off the 4hr 20ma.
• Any stop needs to be below the 1.3200.
• Personally would like to see a good break higher with a 123 back onto the 4hr 20ma. This will prove to me there is strength in the EUR.

EURGBP
• Sitting clearly on support at 0.9150.
• Yes we can use the 60min 20ma as resistance but personally I would like to use the sell zone around the major resistance just above the 0.9200 level.
• Use the 4hr 20ma as a stronger resistance with a stop behind here.
• Still short and is a long term play.

JPY
I entered GBPJPY again yesterday at 141.50 on bounce of the 4hr 20ma.
I am looking for USDJPY to hold up strong and make a challenge for 99.70.
This will keep JPY weak across the board but its not going to be an easy level to break.

Verdict
Watch USDJPY break 98.90 and use 60min 20ma as support
Watch EURJPY break the WP at 131.30 with 60min 20ma as support
Otherwise wait for pullbacks to the buy zones in CABLE and GBPJPY and look to add to your positions.

Good morning all

What a day for you all...In the last 24 hours i have seen many of you make over 250 pips in CABLE and over 300 pips in GBPJPY. The new format is great and loving teaching like this. We swing trade and still trade short term breakouts like today in USDJPY, EURUSD and EURJPY.

That makes you all happy and above all we make pips overnight...

We studied the 5min and 15min chart in detail for the breakout today in USDJPY (50pips+)and EURJPY (50pips+) and glad to see most of you taking those 2 trades. They just add to the pips we all made in GBP.

Anyway i am a happy boy. Some of you already broken the 1000 pips this week. Well done and what a start to the 2nd quater.

See ya tomorrow.

Dan

Attachments

• cablet2w.gif
    cablet2w.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 159
  • gbpjpyt2w.gif
    gbpjpyt2w.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 151
  • eurjpyt2w.gif
    eurjpyt2w.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 142
  • eurusdt2w.gif
    eurusdt2w.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 134
  • usdjpybt2w.gif
    usdjpybt2w.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 118
Hi all

Please let me know how the rest of you have got on today.

Very happy for others to write on the thread.

Cheers

D

Wow, just closed out my cable for 350 pips! That's more than I've ever made in a week, just in one trade! :D

You're right Dan, learning to hold trades that bit longer has got to be the way forward. You must be a very happy teacher today :smart:

Julie

P.S. I've just sent you an e-mail about Al joining us after Easter

The trades I've done today on GBP/USD and GBP/JPY have left me up a total of 861 pips. Thanks Dan and the team, great teachers! (y)

Well Dan... day 2 of my "put the trades on then go to work and leave them alone strategy" and come home to a total of 480 pips between cable and e/j both of which i took in the live room this morning as you know so in the last 2 days thats a total of just over 700 pips and still running so all smiles here this week lol. Lets hope it continues in a similar fashion.
See you in the morning
Thx
Andy S

Great team work...

I love teaching with this new approach...

You all deserve the pips and many more pips to come.

Well done team and see you tomorrow at 6.30am

D

Just closed out my cable for 404 pips will wait now for a retrace which i Think is needed and then buy back in off of support!! Took a 100 pips on e/J at double my normal stake couldnt take any profits as had to go to work so rather than take profit out and let run I doubled my stake and took a safe 100 pips!!!. Took 104 in Eur/GBP along with 80 on cable on Monday so a good week considering I have onnly been on the pc for about 90 mins all week because of work.!!
Much prefer this swing trading method dan as I can set my trades and head for work!!!
Thanks

I was wrong on shorting the yens around resistance today. s/l's taken out. not sure if it's good idea to go short when above the major ma's. or my timing was off.

but really enjoying the swing trades.

Hi Dan I'm Davide from Fx500 Club.
Well, here I am, just to read about you and, first of all, say thanks to my Maestro.
You totally changed my performarces as a trader man(y)
Thanks a milion!

Arghhhhhh

Good morning all

Yes what a week and our top student trader made 1,700 pips...

I have offically been a pl*nker today. I dont usually get this stubborn in a trade but after banking 144 pips 1st thing this am on 50% of the trades, i decided to be clever and hold the balance. Good to see many of you close out the other 50% but no not me...Prize PLUM!!!I was convinced (being friday) that we would get a little pullback. How wrong can i get???

Please hit me over the head with a mallett!!! Or drown me in a bowl of coco pops!!!! I got stubborn and deserve the hit. You can never get complacent in this game...I am still up over 1500 pips for the week and still long GBPJPY and CABLE and short EURGBP (in long term book) but my short term book just took a whack of 200 pips. Argggghhhhh!!!!

Well done to those who banked..It was a great morning with many of you making good solid pips down to the DP´s in GBPJPY, CABLE and USDJPY but not for me...

I wont be stubborn again and learnt a valuable lesson again not to get greedy!!! I have been kicked where it hurts!!!

Overall very happy though. Great week, great trades but never get complacent and always follow your rules.

I will have to make them back this avo.

See u then.

D

Attachments

• usdjpyt2w.gif
    usdjpyt2w.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 135
  • gbpjpyt2w.gif
    gbpjpyt2w.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 124
  • cablet2w.gif
    cablet2w.gif
    17.7 KB · Views: 141
Hi Dan I'm Davide from Fx500 Club.
Well, here I am, just to read about you and, first of all, say thanks to my Maestro.
You totally changed my performarces as a trader man(y)
Thanks a milion!

Hi Davide

Welcome to the thread...

D

I was wrong on shorting the yens around resistance today. s/l's taken out. not sure if it's good idea to go short when above the major ma's. or my timing was off.

but really enjoying the swing trades.

Hi

This happens...I had blinkers on this am thinking pullbacks would happen on friday.

No excuse!!!

I was purely wrong.

See you later.

D

I am back!!!!

After stupidity this am i have just made back 95 pips in GBPJPY, 35 pips in USDJPY and 54 pips in CABLE.

Thats 184 pips in the last hour so nearly flat...Wont go home till i am up!!!

Greed can cost you and u have seen it 1st hand by me today!!!

I am still a PLUM but a good lesson learnt.

D

Attachments

• cablet2w.gif
    cablet2w.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 146
  • gbpjpyt2w.gif
    gbpjpyt2w.gif
    18 KB · Views: 131
  • usdjpyt2w.gif
    usdjpyt2w.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 127
Revenge trading hey...

CABLE and GBPJPY have to pullback more today.

Dan

Please hit me over the head with a mallett!!! Or drown me in a bowl of coco pops!!!! I got stubborn and deserve the hit. You can never get complacent in this game...I am still up over 1500 pips for the week and still long GBPJPY and CABLE and short EURGBP (in long term book) but my short term book just took a whack of 200 pips. Argggghhhhh!!!!

Hi Dan

I've tried one of your methods (that's available on another forum for free) and it worked well. I shorted EURGBP on H1 set up, took the entry on M15 pullback and break of SR line. And it was covered at near the lows of yesterday +40 pips. Same strategy, in the reverse worked well for Cable and GBPJPY etc.

Just wondering how come you took a whack of 200 pips on EG. Care to tell us about it? cheers..

Hi Dan

I've tried one of your methods (that's available on another forum for free) and it worked well. I shorted EURGBP on H1 set up, took the entry on M15 pullback and break of SR line. And it was covered at near the lows of yesterday +40 pips. Same strategy, in the reverse worked well for Cable and GBPJPY etc.

Just wondering how come you took a whack of 200 pips on EG. Care to tell us about it? cheers..

Hi Leo

All explained in the post back at 9.14am.

I got stubborn that was all.

Havent done that for a long time and let my emotions get involved. I let my guard down, thought i knew better than the market and it ate me alive. I didnt lose it on EURGBP...It was on USDJPY, GBPJPY and CABLE.

Glad to make it back within the hour.

Glad u like the system. It works very well as long as you remain controlled (unlike me today!!!).

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.