It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jev

Correct me if Im wrong but the 60min 20ma is miles up north at 1.4474...

The markets have gone rather quiet now waiting for an annoucement out of the US. I would stay clear until then and then we could see some movement.

Dave

That's right...I was talking about the daily moving average...480 on the 60min chart...which is at 1.4368...if I have it right...

Hi all

Will answer questions after lunch. Just been sent this message..

"I think that my trading is finally turning the corner. I had a great morning today, 140 Cable, 110 EURUSD, 72 Gold and finished off with a cheeky 20 more on cable total 342 pips all before 10:00."

This is what can be done guys. Take it as a huge positive, that this strategy works and that novice traders make these kind of results.

Excellent work.

Must pop out for a quick meeting and back after lunch.

D

I am getting "Problem with recording device" when I call. (myrtleturtle11)
I dint have microphone (dont want one), and just want audio thru speakers, and to be able to text my messages.
is this possible? (prefer paltalk)

Hi Trendie...I tried calling you back but got an error...thought it was my end as new to this...I think you do need a mic to work skype??
Jeev

Hi Trendie...I tried calling you back but got an error...thought it was my end as new to this...I think you do need a mic to work skype??
Jeev

You dont need a mic with skype it can all be text messages just like MSN messenger.

Crude still trying to have a break of the 4HR 50ma. Not much below that if it does break..

With a fundamental view of the markets I think if the yanks release the good news this affy and the DOW flies north crude could well go with it up North.

Dave

I think that skype is about as heavy on system resources as paltalk, having just checked it out, judging from the feel of how it slowed down my needing to be replaced PC.

God damn...I should be riding this black stuff for a tenner a pip today not watching it!!

O well people say watch and learn...

Hi all

Well what a day...Still not feeling too great so going to chill this afternoon.

Yes gutted that didnt maximise my morning. Should have been 300-400 pips in the bank. Thats the way it goes but i still managed my daily pips which is the main thing.

Apologies if i miss anything on the blog. If it is very important please private message me, as that way i wont miss it.

Will be easier to teach on a live chat, rather than typing for endless hours on a blog. Will keep u posted re this.

Infact can't wait and what a trading bubble that will be. Forget about the outside world and we can just concentrate on our trading and making pips everyday.

Have fun. Early to bed for me.
D

D
Looking forward to it...now that I have got my charts set up similar to yours...well nearly...I can see the reasoning behind some of your previos trades...
Do you use MT4 and if so how do you get brent crude on there as mine does not show it?
J

D
Looking forward to it...now that I have got my charts set up similar to yours...well nearly...I can see the reasoning behind some of your previos trades...
Do you use MT4 and if so how do you get brent crude on there as mine does not show it?
J

Yes i do... Where did u download it from ODL/WHC?

Hi guys

This is what i call an elastic band pullback.

Simple trade...Any big move away from the ma's needs a pullback.

Thats good for 100pips.

D

PS So many pips to be made...

Attachments

• eurusdpullback.gif
    eurusdpullback.gif
    52.6 KB · Views: 292
I know there have been plenty of questions and i want to answer you all. Please be patient as i'll be able to do this in a more convenient way v soon. I'll set u up with the right template etc and explain how to trade this opening properly on a daily basis.

Blogs are great but take up all your time. When i can talk to you it will be a lot easier...

Will get back to u with an answer vvv soon.
D

Hi guys

This is what i call an elastic band pullback.

Simple trade...Any big move away from the ma's needs a pullback.

Thats good for 100pips.

D

PS So many pips to be made...

D
Great move...I saw it but didn't have the confidence to take this trade...as not sure I was reading the cci's right...still learning...there will be plenty more opportunities to come...can't get them all...wouldn't know where to bank my winnings...they keep going bust!!lol:LOL:
J

lol to that, you have TWO choices in the UK as of today, northern rack and now bradford and bongley state backed and guaranteed! only rampant inflation would kill your savings and how likely is that eh? 2-1 anyone?

jev - re: brent crude, does not show on mine either. There was an option on install to select markets i think, could be something to do with this? off to try another install...
no that didn't offer that same options on install...

Last edited:
jev - re: brent crude, does not show on mine either. There was an option on install to select markets i think, could be something to do with this? off to try another install...
no that didn't offer that same options on install...

Hi all,

New member here, though not new to Dans strategy, been following him for a while now.

Steve, you need to make sure you are using the same MT4 as Dan, ideally download the one from WHC as that shows all the same instruments.

Once you have installed it and have your "Dan Charts" up and running goto view ...MarketWatch, right click in there and select "show all", this will bring up everything that is available, you will then be able to select oil which is listed as CL:)

Hope this helps

MT4 explanation

Hi RS
Thanks for your help...still trying to get to grips with MT4 as only had it for a few days...when I double click on your 3 attachments for CCi and the one for pivots they open in Metaeditor...I have then clicked on compile for all of them(which I assume was the next step??) to load them...but not alot happens...i get the message 0errors,0warnings...I then follow your next steps to drag and drop from navigator...but when i get to moving average there is nothing in that box relating to the cci upload...a bit confused i am!!...going to bed now so will check again tom mor...thanks.

Hi Jev

Sorry to take a while to reply, I have only just got home after a manic day. It's good to be back with my charts and pals.

OK, indicators. Now you have downloaded the indicators you need to find out where you have installed MT4 on you pc. It's probably on the C/: drive in the programs directory.

Once you have found this you need to copy the three CCIs and the pivot files that you downloaded into the "experts/indicators" folder. For example, if you downloaded MT4 from WHC it is probably installed on C:/program files/WHC. Once you have found that find the "experts" folder, open this. Then find the "indicators" folder and copy them into there.

Once you have done this close MT4, re-open it then go to "view" and then "navigator". In there click on "Custom Indicators" and they should be listed. Either double click to load onto your chart or drag and drop. Then you can add your groovy line to highlight the CCI as per my other post. If you add the line make sure you drag the moving average to the CCI window, not the chart, or it will just add a 1ma to the chart.

Hope this works, give me another shout if you have any problems. Just going to eat now, oooh, starving, mmmm roast chicken, yum.

RS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.