It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...Ok.. Don't tell me... Yes under normal trading conditions i would have held this trade... Bugger!!! Oh well, still 160 pips over my weekly target.

Need a few more tom, then i can have a beer on the weekend.

D

Dan, Hi first day on this thread. Heard you talking about Twickers and rugby, used to be my game many years ago played for quins and irish in 80's early 90's, oh the good old days!!!!

anyway I retire in 5 years used to work in forex, to much pressure, but started up recently to start trading from home so any advice from you you would be very helpful.

2013 off to the sun like you scuba diving, ski-ing, swimming can't wait but as the beatles used to say

" I can't get by without a little help from my friends"

Any advice welcome.

Ah gd man..I played for Quins 19s and 21s b4 getting injured. What a game..

Glad to have u on board. Come and find me on Skype (DanArmitage007) as might set up a chat thing going..Easier than blogging as i struggle to type and trade.

There are some great people around this thread and everyone is very friendly..Ask away and i'm sure if i dont answer quickly, others will help me out...(Please)

Sun is def the way forward. Left the rat race and now at 34 living down in sunny spain, enjoying life...

Speak soon

D

interesting call but not being picky but on the chart you called a tripple top personally i wouldnt of said that it was, personally i would say towards the end it was more following the trend line i have places on your chart it and would of got the same results but not only that it would or worked as resistance when crude starts to challenge it :)

Attachments

• crude5minb.gif
    crude5minb.gif
    56.4 KB · Views: 271
interesting call but not being picky but on the chart you called a tripple top personally i wouldnt of said that it was, personally i would say towards the end it was more following the trend line i have places on your chart it and would of got the same results but not only that it would or worked as resistance when crude starts to challenge it :)

Yes fair point... Thats the beauty of trading... We all see it how we see it, as its not an exact science...

Great to have u on board. What do u trade?

D

as you said there is no direct way to trade. I currently trade as my name says the metals but also i deal in a few soft and energy comodities

Sounds good... Well i try and hit GOLD and CRUDE hard each am, when they behave.

Can be cheeky sometimes (as we know) but tend to make 3 to 5 good trades on them per week.

I also play with EURUSD and CABLE and small bit with USDJPY and USDCHF.

Keep in touch.

D

Not a bad looking GOLD chart...Got kicked in after placing an order all day...Finally!!

Posted this triangle on the 60min chart earlier this am at 06.11am.

Perfect breakout.

D

Attachments

• gold60min.gif
    gold60min.gif
    61.3 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Hi

Okay i am out now...Playing with the charts i have just found out how to put a price on where i got in and got out...

Had an order just below 880.00 and closed at 868.00... Not bad for a few cheeky pips in the afternoon.

D

Attachments

• gold5min.gif
    gold5min.gif
    61 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Good stuff Dan.

I trade much the same way, ie define trend on a higher time frame, and enter on pullbacks on lower time frames.

Don't you find that a lot of that stuff is pretty highly correlated tho.

EG if you look at EUR/USD, pretty often that'll move much the same like oil, gold etc.

So these days I usually mostly look at EUR/USD, unless thats dead in the water.

Good stuff Dan.

I trade much the same way, ie define trend on a higher time frame, and enter on pullbacks on lower time frames.

Don't you find that a lot of that stuff is pretty highly correlated tho.

EG if you look at EUR/USD, pretty often that'll move much the same like oil, gold etc.

So these days I usually mostly look at EUR/USD, unless thats dead in the water.

Indeed they are highly correlated and its about choosing the best setup, at the right time, with the most momentum. As mentioned GOLD, CRUDE, CABLE and EURUSD can easily make u 1,000 pips on a good weeks trading. Its just about picking the best cherries at the best time.

Glad to meet u and glad we trade in a similar way...

D

Makes sense, correlated or not, some will have better set-ups, run further, etc.

And yup, good meeting you too.

:)

Arghhh...

Misses got Sex and the City out on video... Not happy.

Might have to prolong my cooking on the BBQ and get her drunk on red wine, so she wont watch it...

Saying that she wears the trousers so i will be told what to do...Huff!!!

D

I missed CABLE...That should have been in the bank.

Look at the gap between the 4hr 20ma and 50ma. Always key...

Nevermind.

See u all tom.

D

Arggg...

Look at that break. I was saying that all day and took off my order. What a plum!!!

Ok must go.

D

Attachments

• cable60min.gif
    cable60min.gif
    63 KB · Views: 315
  • cable5min.gif
    cable5min.gif
    60.8 KB · Views: 295
What does the gap between the 4hr 20 and 50ma's signify? The larger the gap the more chance of a pull back or something else?

Hi Guys

This market is scaring me...

Here is a quick explanation of my 5 min chart.

960 my 4 hour 20ma
600 my 60min 50ma
240 my 60min 20ma
60 my 15min 20ma
20 my 5min 20
CCI 63
CCI 252
CCI 4

My 60min chart...

1200 my Day 50
480 my Day 20
200 my 4HR 50
80 my 4HR 20
50 my 60min 50
20 my 60min 20
CCI 84
CCI 5

This way i can basically look at two charts and get a strong idea of trends and entry points. The 60min shows me the trend and the 5min gets me in early enough for the move. I dont rely too much on the 5min but i make most of my trading decisions on the 60min with the 5 only as an entry. The 60min has been my king chart for years!!!

I look for crossovers on the CCI's and the MA's for support and resistance. As mentioned this has been developed over the years from my standard templates but i have worked with a close friend to get to this template and we do very well from it.

The 252 is key as well and i rarely trade against him unless i really fancy it.

Ok must run... Got a friend flying in from out of town.

D

Hi has any one got the time to explain this to me?
Is a cci the same as a stochastic?
60min chart
1200 my day 50
480 my day 20
1200 on 60min chart on the ma = 50 on a day?
480 on a 60min chart on the ma = 20 on a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.