It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped out on my USD/CHF trade. I probably shouldn't have taken it, but hey ho!

Hi

Thats a shame... Pivots are essential and crossovers on ma's are vital.

Its wasnt ready and even though it looked good, the shorter term charts suggested differently.

I will try and help more and apologies for not going into more detail.

I am on skype most of the day.

D

Dan

I believe I have now grasped your stategy after 6 months of studying it! Slow I know!
Anyway attached is a chart of the trades I took today on cable. Any comments appreciated.

Dave

Attachments

• gbpusdentry.gif
    gbpusdentry.gif
    53.2 KB · Views: 346
Dan

I believe I have now grasped your stategy after 6 months of studying it! Slow I know!
Anyway attached is a chart of the trades I took today on cable. Any comments appreciated.

Dave

Hi Dave

Excellent trade..Well done.

Trust me guys this works, if u give it a little time.

Its so nice hearing from others, that they have finally cracked it and are reaping the rewards.

It doesnt matter on how long it takes but that you have got there.

Keep up the good work.

D

Dan, Hi first day on this thread. Heard you talking about Twickers and rugby, used to be my game many years ago played for quins and irish in 80's early 90's, oh the good old days!!!!

anyway I retire in 5 years used to work in forex, to much pressure, but started up recently to start trading from home so any advice from you you would be very helpful.

2013 off to the sun like you scuba diving, ski-ing, swimming can't wait but as the beatles used to say

" I can't get by without a little help from my friends"

Any advice welcome.

Morning all

Trust you are all well.. Sliced open my hand yesterday like a plum so struggling to type...Arghhhh!!!!

Ok Crude Oil is starting to look heavy on the 60min chart. A double top has formed and the now the Daily 20ma is above. We have a triangle forming and we should wait for the break. The 5min suggests a move down as we r below the pivot so lets watch the 63 cci this am and see if he falls below the 0.00. You can see the support at 102.00 which is the 4hr 20ma so really need to see a break of this. Remember CRUDE is key and generally shows us the direction of the USD.

GOLD is in a similar state and looks a little heavy on the 60min but looking on the 5min i see we r above the daily pivot with support off the 60min 20ma. Look for a 123 here on either direction to see which way she will break.

CABLE is in my box strategy on the 4hr chart and the daily 50ma is staring me in the face... So is the USD weak again or is everyone right by saying GBP is vvv weak at the mom. Who knows!!! The monthly pivot is just ahead at around 1.8675 level, so we need to be aware of this. A pullback is due but the 5min does not suggest this...CABLE will really need to fall below the 4hr 20 if i am going to get excited back on the downside.

EURUSD on the 4hr could again go either way.. My little box strategy is great to tradebut can get dangerous so be carefull as it gets choppy...Any move back down needs to break the 4hr 20ma for me to enter so keep an eye here. Again the 5min doesnt suggest this so not clear this am... Need to be patient i feel this am and wait for my 123's.

Fundamentally i am lost and trying to stop watching the news as i refuse to get depressed about the world economy.. I am here to keep myself in my bubble and getting on with life and making money...I think in this market you shouldnt even think about the next session but purely trade for now and dont think about what wil happen tomorrow etc etc...

Just glad i work for myself now and not back in the city.

Anyway have a good one.

D

Hi

Here are my 60min CRUDE and GOLD charts...

Need to be patient today.

CRUDE trying to break higher but need a 123 for confirmation. Prob best to wait for break on 60min as not convinced as yet...

D

Attachments

• crude60min.gif
    crude60min.gif
    68.8 KB · Views: 298
  • gold60min.gif
    gold60min.gif
    64.2 KB · Views: 248
Ahh patience is key... Knew CRUDE looked heavy...

Ok we are now boxed in and there will be support around the figure so be careful.

D

On CRUDE the 4hr 20ma is key on the 60min chart...If that breaks then a trade could be on...

CABLE and EURUSD both looking strong...Be careful of the monthly pivot on CABLE..

Not jumping into anything at mom but thats just me.

Hi

A few guys were asking about my skype address...Its DanArmitage007.

Cheers
D

Argg one of those days...Been distracted this am and missed a couple.

Gold should have been taken but missed it on the 5min..Little 123...

CABLE broke the R1 and should have got into that.

Oh well... Would have been a lot easier to have talked u through this, than write it all.

Speak later
D

Argg one of those days...Been distracted this am and missed a couple.

Gold should have been taken but missed it on the 5min..Little 123...

CABLE broke the R1 and should have got into that.

Oh well... Would have been a lot easier to have talked u through this, than write it all.

Speak later
D

Maybe a room or a group call Dan?

Morning all

I watched the cable trade happen when it broke through R1, knew it was good for at least 50 pips but didnt take it .

Crude not for making a break away from the pivot seems to be boxed in like you say Dan.

Lookin like another choppy day all round.

Dave

I've taken nothing today, can't see any clear trades :(

Yes messy...Been testing new software today... Amazing what is out there!!

Ok CRUDE is forming a small triple top on the 5min. Just seems heavy...It has eaten too many doughnuts..Maybe later today will offer an opportunity.

GOLD cant break the triangle on the 60min..Should have taken it up to the resistance but got distracted. (I love blogging but i need to employ a typist...)

I think CABLE was the one on the break of the 5min R1. Also see how it hit the R1 and fell 100 pips..Arggggg

Otherwise yes messy and not clear as i like it...No harm done though!!!

D

Arhhhh my triple top..Never lets me down. No greed and in and out.

130 pips in the pip bank and happy after a quiet day.

I love CRUDE!!!

D

Attachments

• crude5min.gif
    crude5min.gif
    54.8 KB · Views: 327
  • crude5minb.gif
    crude5minb.gif
    56.1 KB · Views: 315
Status
Not open for further replies.