Is this Legal?

How f***ing difficult is it to spell a four letter word???

Especially if you're a trader, where you probably see aforementioned word many times every day.

If English is your first language, and you're a trader, and you can't spell "lose", then I doubt very much whether you have the ability to trade.

I think it’s quiet oviouse its just a typo i am more than capable of spelling a word. If I was writing a novel fair enough I would proof read but on this I think most people can work out a spelling mistake i see it all the time here it’s only a forum big deal if i make a spelling mistake. I work as a computer technician saying that i think my brain is more than capable of understanding the concepts of supply and demand and buy low sell high.

leeson lulz are far greater than copy lulz.
However you use it's insider info innit?
Can the firm open a prop account to copy client trades or is that the same?

I think it’s quiet oviouse its just a typo i am more than capable of spelling a word. If I was writing a novel fair enough I would proof read but on this I think most people can work out a spelling mistake i see it all the time here it’s only a forum big deal if i make a spelling mistake. I work as a computer technician saying that i think my brain is more than capable of understanding the concepts of supply and demand and buy low sell high.

Maybe you're right. The irony for me being that I'm able to spell - sorry, make fewer typos - but seem to be crap at trading.
I agree that proof reading every line you stick on a forum could be a bit tedious (although you should read Howard C's posts - someone who reels off pages at a time and still takes a second to read over what he's just written).

I reckon it's MR's statistical mind looking at the expectation of people continually making 'typos' of the same word ;)

I still maintain that anyone for whom English is their first language, and who is a trader, and therefore probably visits forums or reads books to do with trading - if you can't spell a simple four letter word like "lose" which you probably see ALL the time, then you have zero chance of being a profitable trader. I see it far too frequently on t2w for it always to be a typo.

Why not simply analyse/keep a record of the guys successful trades and not take the lazy route, maybe attempt to establish why his edge makes him successful.

I still maintain that anyone for whom English is their first language, and who is a trader, and therefore probably visits forums or reads books to do with trading - if you can't spell a simple four letter word like "lose" which you probably see ALL the time, then you have zero chance of being a profitable trader. I see it far too frequently on t2w for it always to be a typo.

So would you give a speeling test to a potential trader? ;)

Hello i know someone who works for a bank and his job is to monitor traders and make margin calls. after a conversation I then put this idea into his head

As he can see all the traders accounts and trade execuctions can he find a client that is consistent with trading and making a good return year in year out, can he set up his own trading account and then just copy the good traders positions?

is that leagl?

If your friend works for an IB, he will be restricted as to having his own trading account. Moreover, what you describe will most certainly be against FSA/SEC/(pick your favourite regulatory body) rules. If found out he/she will almost certainly loose their job, or worst, be sued. And with no chance of working in the industry every again.

It's a very dangerous path, one I would not advise. I'd advise instead what others have described here, try to learn the system that these traders employ, try to replicate it in a dummy account somehow, and then if confident, quick the day job and go ahead with the strategy.

If your friend works for an IB, he will be restricted as to having his own trading account. Moreover, what you describe will most certainly be against FSA/SEC/(pick your favourite regulatory body) rules. If found out he/she will almost certainly loose their job, or worst, be sued. And with no chance of working in the industry every again.

It's a very dangerous path, one I would not advise. I'd advise instead what others have described here, try to learn the system that these traders employ, try to replicate it in a dummy account somehow, and then if confident, quick the day job and go ahead with the strategy.

Go on MR, you tell him...:LOL:

upacs,
I second that.
except they would more likely lose their job :D

Well I’m afraid you’re wrong MR. Look at Albert Einstein failed 5th grade yet became the genius behind 20th century physics. Look at William Shakespeare his spelling was terrible and he wrote some of the greatest novels in history. And just for the record I put my finger down on the o button for a split second 2 long and didn’t bother poof reading because it’s just a forum. Not so sad people can make a big fuss about my typos get a life mate

I would bet that Shakespeare's spelling was OK for his time.
The dictionaries weren't nearly so consistent in those days.
I'm sure he'd get it right if he was here now.

(ps - I accept people make typo's. I'm pretty crap typist on every 1st attempt)

No shakespeare had people to correct all his work before it was complete thats a fact hard to belive i know

Most people make typos im just trying to make a point people like MR accusing people of not being able to achive things in life and he hasent even met me lol he then says i have no chance of being profitable when my trading account has increased by 10% in last 2 month. Conclusion MR is an ass

Last edited:
yes, goose but theirs not much point in getting so wound up about it is their? It's better to concentrate on were you're trading is going.

anger....................building................... ;-)

trading is easy-you just sell UST's..........