is there a place, for example in London,

• Thread starter Black Swan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 8
Once we're back in a ludicrous bull market I might create some coin operated spread betting machines to place in william hill etc

Once we're back in a ludicrous bull market I might create some coin operated spread betting machines to place in william hill etc

Brilliant, the world's your lobster! But why stop there? Why, not put them in all the Job Centre Plus outlets and just take 'dole money' straight of the newbie masses of unemployed?

250? Where abouts?

There's a business centre near me which is government funded/subsidised for new start-ups and lets office space for £50/wk. I think the min. lease is 6months. My wife looked into it for something she was setting up, and found that there were at least a couple of own-account traders working from there. I think it's part of a wider governemt scheme so should be others dotted around the country.

BASEPOINT : Newhaven Centre

Why hasn't anyone rolled out the kind of service I've outlined, even for a cheaper price, perhaps 300 quid a month? Would it just not work? Would have imagined with all the lay offs in the city the opportunity to move seamlessly into doing your own thing/managing your own account would work for some...

Why hasn't anyone rolled out the kind of service I've outlined, even for a cheaper price, perhaps 300 quid a month? Would it just not work? Would have imagined with all the lay offs in the city the opportunity to move seamlessly into doing your own thing/managing your own account would work for some...

I'd be straight on something like this in London!

What you're suggesting then is essentially an arcade without the clearing, yes?

Spin2win has a very similar thread here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-arcades/31603-interested-trading-office.html

I believe he is even setting up something very similar this year, you might want to get in touch with him. Seems like a decent enough idea to me, for people who want the office environment but don't trade enough volume to justify typical arcade fees.

SL

The above thread mentions other concerns, such as IT support, that you would need to consider.

Hi all,
i am in the process of setting up an office just as this thread, it will be very resonable in price etc, a plug and play(trade) venture.........
our i.t. will be centralised with a very major outsourcing i.t company that is located within our office developoment thus we will have many many i.t proffessionals on hand to resolve all issues.
to start with we will only have office space for approx 12 in an open plan office and approx 7-10 private offices.
we are hoping to get the unit up and running withing the next 6-8 weeks subject to planning constraints

Hi all,
i am in the process of setting up an office just as this thread, it will be very resonable in price etc, a plug and play(trade) venture.........
our i.t. will be centralised with a very major outsourcing i.t company that is located within our office developoment thus we will have many many i.t proffessionals on hand to resolve all issues.
to start with we will only have office space for approx 12 in an open plan office and approx 7-10 private offices.
we are hoping to get the unit up and running withing the next 6-8 weeks subject to planning constraints

Where will it be located and how much per month?

Hi all,

Out of curiosity why are you having only a 12-man trading 'floor', with up to 10 private offices? Surely in terms of space it would be more cost effective to pack another line of traders in rather than have a couple of offices.

Sure you have your reasons, just wondered what they were. Good luck with your venture, I'm sure it will be popular.

Spin, are you any nearer to finalising this? Is the paint taking a long time to dry?;)

Hi there,

well I developed a concept for such needs and actually I registered a brand name 3 years ago : financial cafe , but unfortunately I didnt find the right investors yet,

hi all yup the paint is taking a little longer to dry....... we have been having issue with the building control as everything we do needs a sign off due to the nature of the building being listed, the desk cost structure is still to be finalised but we are working with the following numbers
daily fee 25
weekly fee 100
monthly fee 375
these are approx figures mid
this will include, desk electric seat and dual screen pc all additions will potentially incur a cost i.e. phone calls, bberg, tt etc etc
the location is in farringdon in a mixed use development of offices and loft spaces

hi all yup the paint is taking a little longer to dry....... we have been having issue with the building control as everything we do needs a sign off due to the nature of the building being listed, the desk cost structure is still to be finalised but we are working with the following numbers
daily fee 25
weekly fee 100
monthly fee 375
this will include, desk electric seat and dual screen pc all additions will potentially incur a cost i.e. phone calls, bberg, tt etc etc
the location is in farringdon in a mixed use development of offices and loft spaces

Sounds "cheap" :)

My solution was moving with some friends to a sunny island and trade together from there. Families like it so far :)

Wow, an electric seat, count me in, does it massage and stuff? No disrespect Spin but you've had this idea now for close on a year, good luck with it, but IMHO you're a thinker not a doer.:)

desk

daily fee 25
weekly fee 100
monthly fee 375

I wish you were in Abu Dhabi or Dubai