is there a place, for example in London,

• Thread starter Black Swan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 8
B

Black Swan

where you can simply rent a chair and a desk for a day/week/month/year as if you were popping into a Stelios easynet cafe? Not nec. a prop house or a traditional arcade, but an homogenous internet cafe 'set up' dedicated to trading only, with all the associated equipment, connections and support to go with it?

no such place as far as i know, and i helped set up one of the biggest arcades in london and we looked at this sort of thing, we even wanted to make it poss for you to log in using your credit card..........lol

no such place as far as i know, and i helped set up one of the biggest arcades in london and we looked at this sort of thing, we even wanted to make it poss for you to log in using your credit card..........lol

Thanks for the quick reply, can I ask who you're with and is your solution fairly close to the one I outlined? i.e. somewhere you can just go and trade and if you want to make new best mates cool, or if you just want to be the grumpy old get, talking to yourself style wierdo then that's cool too. Not that I've just described myself there, although I have been known to talk to myself on ocassion, generally along the lines of; "Why, oh why, oh why, did you take out that position going against the trend..." etc...:-0

Thanks for the quick reply, can I ask who you're with and is your solution fairly close to the one I outlined? i.e. somewhere you can just go and trade and if you want to make new best mates cool, or if you just want to be the grumpy old get, talking to yourself style wierdo then that's cool too. Not that I've just described myself there, although I have been known to talk to myself on ocassion, generally along the lines of; "Why, oh why, oh why, did you take out that position going against the trend..." etc...:-0

i am with STA and have been since 1999, as for your solution we spoke about the idea but never actualy did much else.

all you really need is an internet cafe and your own lap top, you use the lap top for charting on wireless and use the internet cafe PC for trading, and you trade via a good SB firm. so no software fee's, no equipment fee's and you only pay for your time in the internet cafe.

how much do interent cafe's charge?

I can't imagine this being viable without being prohibitively expensive. It would be the equivalent of someone who spends 8 hours a day on their mobile using Pay as you Go. As minime says, if you're only in it for the very occasional punt on the move, you'd be better off just using an internet cafe.

I can't imagine this being viable without being prohibitively expensive. It would be the equivalent of someone who spends 8 hours a day on their mobile using Pay as you Go. As minime says, if you're only in it for the very occasional punt on the move, you'd be better off just using an internet cafe.

Thinking out loud here, but was wondering if there was perhaps a halfway house; something between being a fully fledged arcade/prop house and a more relaxed place you could rent a chair/desk on a week or month by month basis (with all the specifc support nec. to trade and relationships set up) for approx. a hundred/150 quid a week...

Thinking out loud here, but was wondering if there was perhaps a halfway house; something between being a fully fledged arcade/prop house and a more relaxed place you could rent a chair/desk on a week or month by month basis (with all the specifc support nec. to trade and relationships set up) for approx. a hundred/150 quid a week...

no such place.

how long have you been trading?
what are you trading?
are you making money?
do you need backing or have you got your own cash?
have you got another job?

depending on what you say to the above, will determine if you should trade from home/internet cafe or prop shop.

There are definitely places where you can rent a desk with a computer, telephone and internet access (just Google 'desk rental' or something) but there is no common theme in these places, and there wouldn't be any trading-related support on hand. It's a decent option for people who can't work at home IMO, personally I wouldn't like to spend 16 hours+ a day alone in the same building.

no such place.

how long have you been trading?
what are you trading?
are you making money?
do you need backing or have you got your own cash?
have you got another job?

depending on what you say to the above, will determine if you should trade from home/internet cafe or prop shop.

Well, if you were doing 'OK'; could make a grand a day or more realistically a week, but didn't want to do the arcade/prop house thing (for a vareity of reasons) but wouldn't mind rubbing shoulders with a few others who were keen amateurs, and/or with guys who've just lost their jobs from City firms looking to progress/continue. Somewhere with no distraction, other than the optional very healthy environment of enthusiasm/interaction, that could be regarded as a permanent base that would easily justfiy the extra 500 quid a month...

Would be awful imo... one of the best things about being at an arcade (although we don't like to call ourselves that I think) is knowing the guys you are with and having a laugh... would be ****ty with strangers most likely.

Gamma your profile picture brings back awful memories of New Year's Eve... a bottle of vodka with a scorpion in the bottom, 20 people draw cards, lowest card eats the scorpion... Old Skill draws the trusty deuce of diamonds. It was crunchy.

I rent an office for £250 per month, brand spanking new offices, specifically designed for new start ups, got its own cafe, showers etc. Take your own PC etc, got a dedicated bandwidth, but I share with other companies.

I've searched high and low, and haven't found nothing that comes close.

My goal for a few years time is to run my own arcade for self funded traders and hopefully backed traders.