is there a place, for example in London,

• Thread starter Black Swan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 8
Bit harsh!

Perhaps but... here's my thoughts, at £375 quid and 20 'players' you'd never be able to make it work. Why? you'd need to be able to rent space at circa £10-12psf (in central London?) to make a decent profit, otherwise you're just lining the pockets of a landlord with no profit.
At circa £25 psf you may break even and simply provide a service for like minded guys to gather together and trade, if that's Spin's philosophy then count me in, but that seems on the face of it a lot of work for others' benefits with no guaranteed return and probably strapping yourself into a lease with personal guarantees together with all the set up costs...

where you can simply rent a chair and a desk for a day/week/month/year as if you were popping into a Stelios easynet cafe? Not nec. a prop house or a traditional arcade, but an homogenous internet cafe 'set up' dedicated to trading only, with all the associated equipment, connections and support to go with it?

did you ever find anywhere like this? i'm looking for something similar, central London, and am also considering setting one up. however desk rental would be close to £2k a month for a top location (e.g. Mayfair), so would only be for people with larger accounts. benefits would be access to a proper dealing room, interaction with others plus the technology.

did you ever find anywhere like this? i'm looking for something similar, central London, and am also considering setting one up. however desk rental would be close to £2k a month for a top location (e.g. Mayfair), so would only be for people with larger accounts. benefits would be access to a proper dealing room, interaction with others plus the technology.

Nope, it's the old; return on investment, risk v reward issues I guess. Probably see a few guys have a go at setting up something as rents fall to ten quid a sq. foot nationally (seeing this on brand new empty office developments in the N.West already with incentives thrown in) as to whether this will happen in London ....?

Only way I'd rent is if it was circa 375-400 quid a month, but I'd want lots of bells and whistles added, not just a few 'buddies' to trade with and TBH I'm beginning to question the logic of trading with others, unless you're salaried or (directly) incentivised I'd just get distracted...