Iraj MACCI _Send Settings??

evostik

Hi all

Sorry to kinda go back in time with this question :eek: but, after a PC rebuild, I have managed to confuse myself with one of the settings for Grey1's Macci send indicator!

Under 'numbers bars back to load for cumulative calculations', what is it best to set this to? I have it loaded twice in my RadarScreens; one is set to '5' and the other to '100'.

Advice would be, as always, much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

evostik said:
Hi all

Sorry to kinda go back in time with this question :eek: but, after a PC rebuild, I have managed to confuse myself with one of the settings for Grey1's Macci send indicator!

Under 'numbers bars back to load for cumulative calculations', what is it best to set this to? I have it loaded twice in my RadarScreens; one is set to '5' and the other to '100'.

Advice would be, as always, much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Hi All,

I have myself a setting of '100'. However, not sure if I have it right !!!

Not to say that the EE is necessarily the most important piece, however, it is critical, and with Iraj been so kind in sharing it, it would be a shame if we then are not using the right settings.

I too would appreciate some feedback on what people are using and what it should be.

Apologies if I am going over old ground to some.

Thanks.

I don't have Grey1's version of this as I wrote my own before it was readily available but I don't think the number of bars back should be critical. Normally for indicators like this it just has to be "big enough" I think. If you are getting numbers out then I think you're probably OK.

Others with the code can correct me if this is wrong.

Regards

Gareth

Evostick
One solution to problems like this is to chart the indicator and then compare your Radar screen value with the chart value. You can then fiddle with the Radar parameters to get the values the same.

Based on my experience, in the case of the MACCI I suggest that you format the Radar Screen indicator to be Auto-Detect and then tick the box to "Load additional bars for accumulative calculation" and enter a figure greater than or equal to your CCI parameter. i.e for a CCI of 6 periods, enter 6 additional bars to load.
No need to go for a figure which is any higher because you are just wasting memory to produce the same answer.
However there are other indicators which might need more bars loaded because of the way they work. And likewise if the stock is very volatile this may also demand more bars in order to smooth the action out.

Hope this helps.
Glenn