Sticky Introduce Yourself

TCA Markets

Hi everybody

I am thinking of signing up with TCA Markets as one of their remote traders trading the Bund future. Can anybody give me any heads-up on the company before I commit? Any comments greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Hi everybody

I am thinking of signing up with TCA Markets as one of their remote traders trading the Bund future. Can anybody give me any heads-up on the company before I commit? Any comments greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Hi Chris,

Please be very careful with TCA. Do a search for them both on google and on this forum. It will bring up a lot of things (google shows more T2W results than searching on the forum itself funnily enough).

From what i gather, it's kind of set up for you to fail. There are a lot of people around complaining about being dumped by this company, after being taught only basic technical analysis and being left on their own. Also heard that you are expected to trade with a 5 point stoploss- which is not very realistic unless you are scalping (which apparently they teach you not to do). They will drop you if you do not produce a profit and you say goodbye to your £3000 (the £3000 you gave them incidentally is probably the same money you are 'investing' for them).

There was some talk about whether it would be beneficial for a person who is already a good trader to join them or not- but if you are fairly new to it i wouldn't touch them.

Instead of giving them £3000 (or whatever it is) why don't you open your own account, perhaps with a spreadbetting company, or trade CFD's. Whatever, save some capital and trade your own account. Buy some good books instead and keep talking on these forums to learn more trading skills.

You've been warned (in the nicest possible way).

Good luck

Newbie here saying hello(y)

I've always been interested in trading but never had the nerve. Finally decided to give it a try full time once I gather as much information here, there and everywhere and start to feel comfortable. My learning will include simulated trading as well, of course. Right now, I'm leaning towards either day trading stocks or Treasury Futures but haven't totally decided yet while still learning.

Back to school I go: :smart:

Im new to this site and to trading...s&p emini

does anyone post a journal with emphasis on the s&p e mini.
I am having a difficulty indentifing my support and resistance
levels.

Hello

Hello,

Both my husband and myself are new to spread betting and find it a bit of a mind field. What we are looking for is to replace my income [or part of it] as I have been made redundent [like so many other people]. As I will be the main person doing the spread betting I would like as much help as to what company to use and if there are any companies that do demo accounts but with no strop limits. :idea:

Regards

Cath & Les Worth Northampton

Hello,

Both my husband and myself are new to spread betting and find it a bit of a mind field. What we are looking for is to replace my income [or part of it] as I have been made redundent [like so many other people]. As I will be the main person doing the spread betting I would like as much help as to what company to use and if there are any companies that do demo accounts but with no strop limits. :idea:

Regards

Cath & Les Worth Northampton

Hi,

If you are new to spreadbetting- be warned- you will not be able to take an income from it for some time (and that is if you are good). Expect to lose at least £500-£1000 or more to start with (again if you are good and always bet using the minimums and take tight stop losses).

Capital Spreads - Financial Spread Betting Homepage have a demo account you can try. I think some other companies do as well but you can do a google search to find out. I think IG Index are good for spread betting and are the biggest company. There are others too: CMC, ODL, CityIndex, futuresbetting, tradefair, oh the list goes on- just do a search.

Do you mean no 'stop' limits? Why an earth would you want to trade without a stop- even on a demo account?! Read around here and you will see that the more successful traders (and even the ones that are not successful) strictly apply stop losses. Even if you decide to only place a large one- incase the market makes a sudden move against you when you've gone away to make a cup of tea (it happens). There is sometimes a case for having a 'mental' stop loss only, i.e. keep it in your head and APPLY it when the price hits it, but don't place the stop with the SB company, but this isn't for newbies.

Good luck

introduction

Hi all, I'm new to this site. From Amsterdam I trade futures (index/forex/commodity) full time. I use a combination of TA and spreading.

Hi all

Compared to most people, I'm new to this...and yes like most people I'm looking for the "holy grail" as well. Maybe one day when I've pounded my head against the wall enough times and looked at my account with all those zero's behind the minus sign, I'll find it...Indie did.

Hi all traders, I am Alex and I have a serious interest in fx trading.
I must confess, am a newbie, but I hope to get improved with the help of great
traders in this forum.

Happy pipping to you all.
Alex

Hello

HI EVERYBODY , HOPING THAT EVERONE WILL GET WHAT THEY NEED. GOOD LUCK

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hello

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations on books about stock options. Please let me know. Thanks.

Hi I'm Robin - I run my accountancy business from home, based in North London.
I got involved in Spread Trading in 2003 for a year, but stopped due to lack of time.

Would be interested to get involved in Forex Trading.

Robin

Welcome all

This is my first posting.

I am by all accounts a novice having started tading US equities earlier this year. Still not made any money.

I am currently swing & day daying. I would be interested in your ideas on day trading oil stocks, what charts to refer to, signals to look out for etc.

Hello all,

Thought I'd better write my first post seeing as I've been a member for around 9 months now and have been only reading the threads and not adding to them.
I think Trade 2 win only had around 90 thousand members 9 months ago compared to the 130 thousand it has now. Has trading always been so popular?

I guess my first exposure to the markets if you like was directed mainly towards buying shares and holding them for the long term. But the more I looked into it the more I noticed the price fluctuations that are inherent with a buy and hold strategy.

After reading through sites like this one and others like forex factory, baby pips etc I got more intrigued by the idea of short term trading.

So far I have decided not to commit any money into a trading account until I decide whether I can make a profit out of trading. I'll play it sensible and demo trade until I feel that I have increased my knowledge sufficiently and discovered a profitable system personal to me.

This site has been very useful and contains some insightful posts and lessons by what appears to be experienced and successful traders (you know who you are!)
Though I tend to skip over a lot of the posts I always try to look out for certain members to grab some of their wisdom and warnings. So thank you all.

The road is long.......

All the best.

New Meat

Hello Shiny Happy Trading People,
I've been wanting to trade for a few years now, however, I have no money.
So, I started trading binaries that deals with oil, gold, silver, some currencies and German 30 something or other. My dream is to trade binaries to get enough money to invest in short term trading stocks. I picked up a book called a "A Beginners Guide to Short Term Trading" by Toni Turner to start learning. I think the book is okay, but I'm not too bright on this stuff, yet. I wish I could find information for very amateur traders (I need things explained to me very slowly--pictures help alot). Ideally, I think short term trading would be the best full time job I could do out of the home.
Anyway, I wish all of you well. There's probably enough people with tons of money who don't do well because they don't research this stuff enough, but if you're part of this forum, then you probably aren't one of those.

Sincerely,
James

Howdy all.

Just found this forum. I'm a personal trader in Detroit and I focus mostly on biotech's and small caps.

Dear All,
My name is tony. I'm from indonesia.I wanted to study more in the forums.Please friends's guidance.Thank's.

Happy Trading, :)

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm aware of the pitfalls of day trading, but would like to give it a try, first with play money, then with real money. I'm especially interested in the indicators that the Dow will fall or continue falling, or rise and continue rising. Such things as inflation, profit reports, fear indicators, political events, etc.

Jim