Sticky Introduce Yourself

charts

I am looking for an intrady chart of nyse and/or nasdaq for 9/15/08. Possibli with a 1 or 2 min resolution. Any advice? Thank you in advance.
mfcc

Hi
IG Markets then PURE CHart have any time frame in it.:clap:

Hi to all

It great the like mind are there to share thier view and help people like us.

Keep the good work going. Thank YOu

Regards,
Krishna

Hello all,

Just wanted to pop in with a quick shout-out and introduce myself. Ive recently started trading in futures on fixed income securities, mainly trading spreads and doing arbitrage. Great work by the developers and the moderators of the site, its a comprehensive source of all things related to trading. Looking forward to learning and exchanging ideas and strategies on here.

Cheers,
Kushal

Hi there all, just like to introduce myself to this forum.a total newbie to forex but googling keyword forex showed me this way, guess must be an active forum.
Cheers
Fendi74

Hi everyone and all,
a new real new? yes, it's me, (Senior Member even if my little age is hidden, sorry!) running towards some knowledge in Trading fields like Forex, Options, Managed Customer Account, Perf, etc...
so my very big ears are open to your soft and precious advices if any, concerning any part of training-courses- etc...
Thanks in advance

hi all,

i'm from Indonesia. newbie in forex, and would like getting to learn much from any forex forum. i'd like to start it as my main business to replace current work. Hope, God bless me.

Hi Folks.

A quick hello from Sunny Scotland.

I am new to Forex but have been trading CFD's for many years on a selection of stocks which have done well for me.

On the forex side i have had a demo Meta Trader 4 account for 9 months or so and using both Manual and Expert Advisor trades have had an excellent return whilst fine tuning my strategies.

I am lucky in a way that i work a job that allows me to trade "full time" for 3 weeks out of 5.

I work in the offshore oil industry as a consultant away for 2 weeks and home for 3, what i tend to do is leave my EA's trading while i am away with very conservative stops and small account sizes and then trade manually whilst i am home.

Outwith the Oil and Gas Industry i run a very successful IFA Firm and Overseas Property company, i won't plug them here as that is not what i am about, but i have set myself up well to ensure my kids have something to start with in life.

Having spent 9 months on demo i am now looking to open a live account to trade forex. I would appreciate any recommendations for a decent broker to use.

I have looked at Alpari but must admit i am concerned about their money protection terms and conditions where only 5k is placed in client accounts and the remainder is in their main account. In the event they go belly up 5k is protected and 100% of your first 50k is covered under FSA protection however the remainder is dealt with as if you are a general creditor!

Can anyone recommend a trading company who offer better fund protection terms and conditions?

Regards

ScottyB

Last edited:
moving average

i use ig index and the problem is that they do not have 4 hour charts only 1 hour and daily.
please advise.

I found this strategy on the net and I was wondering if any one has seen it before better yet tried it before.
I have tried it for a few times and I have not lost yet "touch wood"

But I would like some expert traders opinions on this strategy.

Here it is:

Are you a relatively new trader looking for a solid forex strategy?

A challenge facing many new traders when developing their forex strategy is the ability to identify the overall trend for intra-day trading.

The 200 EMA (Exponential Moving Average) can solve the problem.

The 200 EMA is one of the most popular indicators of all time with Forex traders the world over, and for that reason alone is worth noting due to the psychological effect on the market place price can have when hovering around the 200 EMA.

Using The 200EMA Strategy

To use this very powerful Forex strategy, create charts on 3 time frames:

* 4 hour
* 1 hour
* 15 minute

Now plot a 200 EMA indicator on each chart and, as a suggestion, color it red, for easy visual impact.

Preferably tile the 3 windows containing your 3 charts into a vertical fashion so you can see the 3 time frames next to each other. It will squeeze up the information on the charts somewhat but for the purpose of this strategy that doesn't matter.

Now scroll through the various currency pairs you like to trade.

If you prefer to trade only pairs with a smaller pip spread, they amount to about 9.

They are:

* EUR/USD
* GBP/USD
* USD/CHF
* USD/JPY
* EUR/JPY
* USD/CAD
* AUD/USD
* NZD/USD
* EUR/CHF

What you are looking for is any currency pair that bucks the 200 EMA on the 15 minute chart.

So for example, look at the EUR/USD pair and note the position of price relative to the 200 EMA on the 3 time frames.

If price is well above the 200 EMA on the 4 hour chart, well above the 200 EMA on the 1 hour chart, but BELOW the 200 EMA on the 15 minute chart, price is bucking the trend.

The overall trend is up, price has temporarily gone against the trend and is currently in a retracement.

Using the fundamental trading principle of "buy the dips in an uptrend", "sell the rallies in a downtrend", look for a suitable entry point.

In the example given above you would look for an opportunity to buy the EUR/USD, perhaps watching for a candle signal that price has exhausted it's downward momentum, bucking the 15 minute chart 200 EMA and will soon resume it's upward momentum.

This is an easy exercise and it can be done once or twice a day, taking just a few minutes.

Watch For Price Bucking The Trend

Once you see price bucking the 200 EMA on the 15 minute chart, whereas it is on the opposite side on the 4 hour and 1 hour charts, sit up and take note. Watch carefully and grab the opportunity to get in and make some pips.

After a little practice you will see how extremely powerful this simple Forex strategy is - certainly deserving a place in your trading tool kit.

Please let me know what you think

Regards

Shawn[/QUOTE]

Hi all,

Its nice to be here!!
I'm small time trader in trading forex and most of the time I trade I ruined my equity. Wish to learn more about TA..
And I'm from Malaysia.. anyone from Malaysia here??

regards,

hi,
an intro of sorts. I am from Ontario, Canada.
Found my way here basically browsing. It is hard to find persons who are traders out of your usual contacts, so glad I found this.
Want to to grow in discipline,and am going to try and find some existing feedback on Omnitrader.
Schnee

Hello

Hey everybody,

I am excited to begin my voyage in FX Trading. I have been studying Economics at Old Dominion University for 3 years and most enjoyed classes based on macroeconomics and international business. I feel this field is just a good fit for me as I enjoy it and seem to be pretty good at it. I have little experience working with and of the trading client programs but hope to find one i feel comftorable with. Again, I have very little experience but learn quickly. I feel I have a great grasp on different economic theories that I hope to put into use in trading. I have taken my fair share of Mathmatics and Calculus courses. I guess for now I am all brains and no brawn. I look forward to putting some meat on my bones. If anyone has any suggestions for me, I would appreciate it. Thank You.

Paul