Sticky Introduce Yourself

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hello t2w members. I have been trading for almost 5 yrs and happened upon this site via google. I am mostly a technical trader but do pay close attention to the fundamentals and take into consideration their affects on the currencies. I closely watch the financial reports along with the normal scheduled data releases.I trade the gbpjpy mostly but will trade audjpy, eurusd, gbpusd and usdchf when an opportunity arises. I also closely watch the Dow, oil and gold when trading any or all of these pairs listed above.
I am looking forward to learning new ideas and sharing my knowledge of the currency market.
GDW

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
New and shiny. Hoping to learn. Wish me luck. I've been trading for a couple of years, wanting to escape the ball and chain of j.o.b. Had recent success with SKF, otherwise mostly losses. Wanting to autotrade part of my portfolio.

Just joined t2W today.

I day trade e-minis full time from my home office here in sunny Scottsdale AZ, USA.

I have a strong belief that most of the information available on trading is total nonsense. If you're a newbie and you realize this your a step ahead of the crowd.

If you want to see more of my cynical views, check out my blog:TuffTrade- Day Trade Smart

hai I am inder A software Professional and Developer in Financial trades.
Its wonderful to get into one of the best forums.
Hope I get the best responses.
U can expect full cooperation from me :)
thnks

Hello and greetings from Oklahoma!

I'm pleased to join this forum. I'm new to the world of on-line trading; have always used brokers. I have been educated to use fundamental analysis in identifying opportunities but currently reading a book entitled, All About Technical Analysis by Constance Brown, ISBN 0-07-138511-8. I'm fascinated with use of charts in identifying opportunities. A long-term member of American Association of Individual Investors, accounting degree, computer degree and MBA with emphasis in accounting.
Employment background: real estate syndication, brokerage, property management all in commercial arena [multi-family, strip and office] primarily southeast and southwest USA. Enjoy fly fishing, reading, woodworking and helping others in our community.

I look forward in learning as much as possible from you folks who have been at on-line trading and charting. Hopefully, I might provide some useful feedback.

Thanks,
flyfisheroklahoma

Hi, I'm just a "wannabe" - a student of stock market trading. I'll probably "lurk" more
than I'll comment. I watch a lot of financial news; loved Cramer when I could get him
on our satelite rcvr; and delight in listening to the Financial News Network(Tom O'Brien).

What brought me to this website is a search for info on the Bradley Model of stock
trading. When Jerry Favors was alive he mentioned this often - and now I'm hearing
it mentioned on TFNN (Tom O'Brien and Larry Pesavento). Looks like a good site to
get all sides of any trading story. Thnx, rdbeals

Thanks for message

Hi, I'm just a "wannabe" - a student of stock market trading. I'll probably "lurk" more
than I'll comment. I watch a lot of financial news; loved Cramer when I could get him
on our satelite rcvr; and delight in listening to the Financial News Network(Tom O'Brien).

What brought me to this website is a search for info on the Bradley Model of stock
trading. When Jerry Favors was alive he mentioned this often - and now I'm hearing
it mentioned on TFNN (Tom O'Brien and Larry Pesavento). Looks like a good site to
get all sides of any trading story. Thnx, rdbeals

Hello RD,
May I call you RD? Or would you prefer another name? My name is Gene.
Thanks for info regarding TFNN.com. Just finished listening to Larry Pesavento's November 5th show. Talking about bonds, euro & other currencies and the Bradley factor. I think I've heard of this station before; but irregardless thanks for telling me about it. Also, about the Bradley Model of Stock Trading; I googled it & found many sites. Apparently,it is a model based upon a geometrical projection of the stars for a basis of buying and selling of stock positions. I'll have to investigate that one!

I've recently discovered that charting apparently is a more precise methodology of buying equities and debt. What I'm learning is never sit on an equity or debt position too long. I was taught to buy and hold for long-term value.

Have you done any charting? Have you done any trading?

You stated that you're a "wannabe." I'm rather an optimist so I don't perceive that our American economic system is set for a collapse but rather a major readjustment perhaps over a 12 to 24 month time horizon. I've been in the market [not in a big way] since 1974, first year after graduating from college. I've never seen such values in brand name companies as I'm seeing in this market. Have u heard of DRIP plans? If not, let me know and I'll share my success/failures with you and any tips that I can pass on.

Oh, here are a few sites that might be of interest to you. AAII: Unbiased Stock Investing & Personal Finance Education from a Nonprofit Source, www.BollingerBands.com: Homepage, WhisperNumber.com / Market Sentiment LLC, Magic Formula Investing, http://www.whispergrades.com

As you can tell I like to talk a little because I too enjoy visiting and listening to others with different approaches. Listening is free except for one's time.

What part of Indiana are you from? My wife and I live in Edmond, OK, a 100k pop suburb of Oklahoma City. Our area just got a NBA team!

Talk to you soon,
Gene
:clap:

Hello World!
I have just begun to learn about Option Trading and am in the process of decoding the jargon: Phew! I'm starting with Options Trading for Dummies then cross referencing with internet sites and glossaries. By the way, where does the money come from? Is it a closed system?
Thanks for providing this facility Sharky.

Mr Agustono

Hi, I just join to this forum, I am from Makassar Indonesia there are many attarctive location , culture to visit beside Bali, My experience in trading on line more than one year but i always get losses

Agustono:D

Hi to all,

This is Andrew from Singapore.
Currently I am looking for business to expand my curent business in Singapore.

Could anyone help me or refer me to someone that has the solution?

Thanks greatly

Andrew
[email protected]

Hi New to site, about to go live with my trading plan. I live outside New York City. I trade options. I look to collect time premium by trading front month credit and sometimes debit spreads. Good luck to all.

Hi, been a member for a couple of months now but havent introduced myself.
Looks like a very useful forum and hope to get some advice on some specific topics soon.
been spreadbetting for about 2 years now (only fx) with very nice consistent results but could use some help still.

hello !

Thanks for the welcome. I am a forex trader looking to join a community. I have experience and am willing to help. I also admin @ this forex signal site and look forward to making friends !

No you do not have to subscribe for me to give you help. Its free for this forum.

:smart:

Hello,

First post here . . . I started learning pretty much full time back in September and started trading a month later. So far so good. I think being able to dedicate so much of my time to it has been a real positive - particulalry reading through so much of the great information on this site . I just wish there was a way of instantly abosrbing it all into your brain, my eyes hurt from staring at the screen all day . . .

Nice to meet you all!

Hi,
I trade futures on RTS (Russian Trading System) following technical analysis signals. I have two browkerage accounts: one for overnight trading and one for intraday. Nowadays, I'm attempting to tranfer from positional trading to scalping.

Glad to share my ideas with you!