Sticky Introduce Yourself

Fellow Californian

Hi I'm in LA. I'm curious about the Karmostaji strategy and the FerruFx Probablility Meter. I thought I had heard of everything but I don't know these. Can you tell me more.

Bryan

Hi
Just like to introduce myself.
I am glad that I came across this website about three weeks ago. My aim is to become a full time trader. I have been dabbling for a year or so; but with very little success. However, I am determined.
I hope that I can learn from other peoples experiences and should be able to develop some sort of a system and discipline which is rewarding. I have no money and time to waste on offers for expensive systems. I am very cautious about such scam and marketing.
At present I am having some trouble navigating on this web site and need to get used to it. However, I’ll drop in here regularly to get feedback (and hopefully make useful contributions in the future.
Aryan

Me too, there a lot to learn from this site.
Thank you all for letting me join the group
Kiet

Hi T2W community

My name is Luke, a.k.a. Skittles. I have eight years experience trading equities, and two years experience trading derivatives. I am a reasonably active trader. Also, I am a college student studying finance and mathematics. Thanks!!!

Hello there,
I'm new to the board and new to trading. I've been trading options so far. It's been a tough market to get started in, but I'm not risking much money yet and hopefully I can learn a lot by the time the market stabilizes.
I'm a young guy in South Carolina. I hope I can learn a lot from this board. I am a stay-at-home Dad and I own a small magazine. I'm planning on using trading as another investment of my time spent at home.

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hi, this is my first day joining T2W, i hope to learn more on options trading and how technical analysis can help to provide the edge in every trade.

Hi, I searched for information in this forum several months ago when I was looking for a trader's job, but only registered today as I recently got the job.

I am Chinese. I did a physics PhD in Cambridge. Last year I started working in an auditing-like company. But I felt I need to earn more money, so I started looking for better-paid jobs. I self-taught much about Hull's book. I luckily got an offer from Tibra Trading, an Australian based market-making prop company who is expanding into Europe.

I am entirely newbie in trading. My training course will take place in June. I read through the discussions here and found many interesting topics that provide answers to most of the questions I used to have about the trading career. Hope to make friends with all of you.

I am invited to take Tibra Maths/Logic tests tomorrow, figured crossed:)

Hello all,

I'm a daytrader of US stocks from Colorado, USA living/working at about 10,000ft. I've recently started getting into forex also. I have been working with US stocks from jan 07, daytrading them sense february, and paper-daytrading forex for about 3 weeks. My hobbies include hunting, fishing, ice-fishing, snowmobiling, backpacking, camping, hiking, gold prospecting, and every now and then I ski or play ice-hockey.

ok hi every one its boe richen lol this is funny i dont think any one demo like me 100 percent for 6 months and go in live a take a big loss. shaken and the only difference is the speed or lack of speed some times on the candles. to much wait taken on indicators not analysis. im gone by by gone craze.lol

Hello to you all out there in traderland

Hi , I have a fair bit of trading experience but I have become interested in automated trading. I am a bit confused about which systems to adopt and whichare easiest to set up and program. I have heard of Tradestation 2000i which seems to be the standard but people talk of Ninja Tarder and Wealth lab and Meta Trader I think. Any one got any experience of these. I prefer to trade indices and FX. Prograqmming is not my strength. I know what I want to do but have difficulty doing the programs.I have tried GFT's auto system but have trouble with code and staying connected to their site. Which could be a disiaster while I sleep at night. Oh yeh I am an Ozzie so I sleep when all the action is happening.

Hello all, i am new here, I bought shared from Renato Corporation and Playbox i dont have any ideas what happening? Weather i am losing money? please help. Thank you.

Best Wishes,
maria

Hi, I'm a new member and just wanted to say a little about myself. Have been trading about 2 yrs now mostly paper trading, then progressed to a practice platform that was identical to my real platform. I trade the mini's, mainly the dow at the moment. I've read John Murphy and followed Mohan and John Carter, but mainly I have just observed daily and practice trade. I have funded my account now and want to start making (taking) money from the market. I read a message from PNAIMY over the weekend and my method (if I can call it that) is almost identical. Mainly tick charts juxtaposed to the 1,3, 5, and 10 min charts. All the while trying to keep my eyes on the High Five (ala Mohan) namely tick, trin, Vix, A/D volume and issues and a financial. I also run a macd, stochastic and 8, 21, and 34 ema's. I mainly like pivot trades but I also look for 'squeeze' signals sith macd crossovers in various time frames juxtaposed with pivots and mid points. I know it may seem like too much info to make a trade but it isn't.
Here's the problem, we all know that practice trading and real trading are totally different in terms of the 'emotional' or 'stress' elements. It's like the voices in your head that help determine what and when to trade during practice, these same voices take on entirely different emphasis when trading for real. I got spanked real good last week on Monday, I made every newb mistake you could, completely lost any perspective I had. During practice I make great money, really great, what I have not been able to do is transfer that to real trading, called making money. I would love to hear about your experiences of practice vs real trading and how you made the transition. Thanks, Robert

oh yeah, here is another question. I trade the Mini Dow and as we all know these two are only guaranteed to be equal at expiration date. So they are always some distance apart, sometimes the mini is below and above, the difference usually is about 10 to 15 pts, but lately is more like 25 to 30. Here's my question, when trading the pivots for example would you trade on the index pivots or the mini, and how much do you adjust for the difference. I assume that because the mini is a stand aside betting platform, the difference amounts to the sentiment of the people who play the mini which may not correspond 1to1 with the sentiment of the market as a whole which again I assume to be reflected in the Dow index itself. Also I would appreciate any thoughts you might have about this difference in general. Thanks Robert

hi all. I have a little question

I am looking for an intrady chart of nyse and/or nasdaq for 9/15/08. Possibli with a 1 or 2 min resolution. Any advice? Thank you in advance.
mfcc

try yahoo financial, they have a nifty free chart system that you can isolate a time frame and then enlarge it. Check it out.

Hello All

Just introducing myself. I am new and hungry to learn and one day contribute to others who are just starting out in the trading business.

Cheers

HI Guys
I am also a newby here, I think this is my second post in here.
I have been trading for some time now, since 2002, then had break from any kind of trading
and just started about 2 months ago.
I trade Forex and CFDs, indices only and parfticular the Footsie.
I would like to exchange ideas, and experiences with you guys, and if I can help in any way please do not hesitate to contact @ [email protected].
All the best and good trades for you all.