Sticky Introduce Yourself

Well, I'm not trading yet,making practice using Prorealtime. Reading Pring, Murphy, .....something about candlestick, but by now i have no idea about what's trading.I don't feel yet inside this world.The fact is that it seems to be something in which one can invest own resourses and have resutls that be in accordance with own capacity and have in return just what one deserves.I'll get exactly what i mean,

hello!

Some years ago I read a book and various articles on online trading & strategies. Recently I'm taking the programming endeavor more seriously and like all noobs does believe can accomplish the impossible task of programming the formula of a market movement predictor. WELL atleast if I don't accompplish that with sucess I'll atleast be happy with having gave it a shot.

I did notice the majority of members are non-us, if there are any comparable forums please inform. ALSO, any comments as to bandwidth, QOS and cost of fee based live data feed providers would be appreciated, especially ones that offer a comprehensive set of exchanges.

Thanks

Ebooks on forex

Hi everybody.

My name is Tom and I live in Vancouver BC Canada. I am very new to Forex and today I made my first trade (I made a 15% profit so I think I did ok for my first time :) ).

One thing that I have noticed about the Forex community is that by and large the Forex community is extremely generous with their knowledge. Over the past few months I have managed to read literally hundreds of articles and ebooks on Forex. When I decide a few months ago to look into Forex I knew absolutely nothing about it (except that the origin of the name and it had something to do with currencies.

I would like to thank everybody who has written all of the articles and ebooks and made forums such as this one for their efforts.

Well that’s all for now
…/tom

hi Tom,
Thanks for your post. Would love to know where to get some decent ebooks on forex trading.
Would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks
Farshid (wonna be fx trader)
Manchester

Hello to all. I'm a total virgin to all this but my curiosity is getting the better of me. I would like to know how easy it is to get started and what the minimum origional investment would be. I understand that I could loose money and lessons would be learnt from that. I work full time so I don't know if I could just dabble here and there or if it requires more commitment. To be truthful I would like to go for small quick returns' but I'm open to any suggestions.Thanks

Hello and a Technical Question

Hi, everyone,

I'm from Texas and I've been demo-trading with Oanda for a year or so, off and on. Learning at babypips and other sites, reading books and ebooks and articles and between the ten sub accounts I'm allowed to demo-trade with, I've had startling successes and hideous crashes as I explored the worlds of no-stop-loss trading, accidentally hitting the buy button when I meant to sell, riding trends based on news and intuition, scalping like a crazed Indian, and trying out systems, and setting aside a tiny nest egg so that when I start trading I can prove to myself that this venture is worth putting real money into.

But I've got a little dilemma...

I'm trying to decide whether to stick with Oanda for my first real account or move "up" to a more tantalizing broker/software. (Oanda's pros: I can trade any size trade I want: a percent of my capital, or a dollar figure of any kind, or standard lots. There is no minimum amount for opening an account or for trading. Also, it is all online and I am spared the headache of computer consequences if forex software doesn't agree with something on my pc. I can trade anywhere I have access to the internet. It's been pretty reliable, all things considered, except I can't tell for sure because I haven't analyzed every dollar and pip, and they don't do it for me. Cons: The maximum leverage is 50:1, which limits my take. The charts are limited in scope and in history. If backtesting is possible, I haven't figured out how to do it. It "sticks" sometimes and refuses to change my user preferences when asked, wasting precious seconds as I adjust my lot size or take profit or stop loss.

So do I change to something else, and if so, to what? Other companies have much, much more aggressive leverage opportunities, which would be wonderful for me starting with small capital, as I've gotten fairly good at scalping safely (is that an oxymoron?). Some even offer a way to get in on great learning opportunities by using their trading rooms for free if you use their broker.

But they often use SOFTWARE. (sound of doom). Different software. Complex sophisticated software. Software that might confuse my poor computer into doing bad things. Software that requires yet another learning curve (don't get me wrong, I love learning, but time isn't something that grows on trees...).

So, you experienced traders out there, it seems that if I want better leverage I need to get ready to use Meta Trader or Deal Book or ?????what else is out there? I found two places where I can get in for as little as either 100 bucks or 250 bucks, which is about what I want to risk in my first go-round of live trading...using MT or DB.

Can anyone explain to me the difference between the two and which one is less likely to cause fuss on my computer and which one is likely to let me do all the "set and forget" I need to do to get sleep at night if I decided to do a system like that, or if I want to hold overnight? Which one is easiest to learn and operate? Which one has easy indicators to show me the trend at a glance, if either of them does that (saw something cool looking at forexlounge, feedback on that welcome, too), and any other helpful things that a newbie wouldn't see until it smacks her upside the head? Like, does leverage really matter when you could simply trade a larger percentage of your capital at a lower leverage and be just as "safe" as if you traded a smaller amount at higher leverage?

Thanks in advance,
Analytical Pippi

Hello trade2win community!

Thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself. I consider myself a novice trader. I have been paper trading forex for a short while and have managed to break-even so far. When asking myself why I have had a few successful trades (and a few losing ones), the only answer I can come up with is "dumb luck". So I am here to try to make a clean start and build a better foundation. I am not even sure if I should be trading forex, perhaps e-mini S&P 500 futures seems better for me.

Hello to all. I'm a total virgin to all this but my curiosity is getting the better of me. I would like to know how easy it is to get started and what the minimum origional investment would be. I understand that I could loose money and lessons would be learnt from that. I work full time so I don't know if I could just dabble here and there or if it requires more commitment. To be truthful I would like to go for small quick returns' but I'm open to any suggestions.Thanks

I'm certainly no expert since I'm still in the demo stage myself, but as I mention in my own question, Oanda.com has about the easiest "in" for practicing, and for trading in small dollar amounts. I just haven't bothered to do it with real dollars, yet! I got sidetracked in filling out the paperwork, and got busy. And if you haven't gone through the "School of Pipsology" at Forex Trading Online Training: Learn Foreign Exchange Currency Trading, that's a great place to make sure you've hit the basics, for free. It's fun, too. It's an amazing free site, and they have new sites, too. Another free place to get good info is to google David Jenyn's Ultimate Trading System, he offers some great free download articles (it will cost you the email addresses of two friends/enemies), and to look into systems geared specifically for lifestyle. There are more, but I don't have time to dig them up right this second. People who work all day may only have time to check in on their trades at night, before work, and sometimes a quick look during the day...you need a system that you can feel good about turning your back on, with good money management and a consistent approach that has been shown to be profitable, yours or someone else's (that you back test and watch like a hawk and apply your own growing knowledge to). There are a quite a few out there...Forex Cash Cow comes to mind because it is the first one I heard of like that...where you've got some rules to follow, you check to see if the market has fulfilled its requirements for you to consider a trade (usually in price action), then you apply the rules to set your trade, and go to bed. But there are lots of these, and if I recall, Cash Cow is only supposed to yield 3-4 trades per month. Not endorsing it, as I didn't think it had enough action for me so I haven't tried it, it's just an example of a style of trading that works for working folks.

Analytical Pippi

if you want to start book training session : forex true |

I can't help but notice the similarity between your User Name and the name of the product on this website, "forexmagician trading laws." Are you related? Have you bought/read/benefitted from his service?

Like the author on the site, I like the idea of learning, but I don't think I'd pay - without some indication of whether the information is universally usable, some testimonials, some guarantee - for mysterious advice. If you have purchased these products, can you give us a heads up?

Or were you directing us to liteforex? Do you use it? Do you have to pay extra for signals or anything?

Analytical Pippi

Hi

I am a Latin American Engineer, I have just retired from my 37 year long working history and i am interested in try FOREX for make some additional money and for learning something challenging and new.

I apollgize for my english becouse i am spanish speaker.

I am really interested in technical analisys, as i am a software developer and mathematically oriented, by now, I believe i can do some interesting research, and hopefully develop some system that can help me make some money.

best regards

gcaro

Morning all. I do a bit of trading for fun (at least it is when I'm winning!), mainly on FTSE 100 EOY. I have also tried my hand at currencies but, apart from a bit of beginners luck, have had my ass kicked so I tend to leave them alone nowadays. My style is not very safe or scientific. I tend to pile in gradually, increasing my stake when I'm losing unless I lose faith in my judgement when I bale out in flames. I rarely use stop-losses unless I'm in profit. When I'm on a decent profit (as I was yesterday) I set limits and stops if I feel the market is at a short term peak or trough. Consequently my Buy bets on FTSE100 March cashed in at 4000 yesterday when they dipped after reaching 4035 or whatever it was. Thats primarily why I'm here this morning. I have a fair amount in my account with Finspreads and I want some of it back in my bank. None of Finspreads phone numbers are working - have they gone bust with my cash? Is anybody else having trouble with them? I think I will be needing a new Dealer - can you recommend one?

Hello

I was born in Wimbledon just after WWII. My parents and I immigrated to the states in 1952. I have been married and have two grown kids.

I started currency trading in September of 2007. I have traded almost every day the market has been open since then. I am a Media Consultant (Entertainment) in Los Angeles and, depending on my schedule, trade the opening of the London session or the end of London and the NY open. I also trade the late Asian session.

I have devoted a large amount of time to learning technical analysis and consider myself a chartist junior rank. I rely mostly on candle formations, price action, long/short term trends, Bollinger Bands, recent daily range, S/R, and pivots for my entries and exits.

I have in recent months become a profitable trader with a better than 3 to 2 successful trade ratio and an average profit of 25 pips and average loss of 18. Daily average pippage is 80-100. I generally trade EUR/JPY, EUR/USD, GBP/USD, GBP/CHF.

I expect to be a full time trader in early 2009.a

Last edited:
New Dealer

You might want to take a look at GFT - they are mainly a currency broker but also take futures trades. Their charting is excellent but you need a fast PC to run it as it is ram intensive. Can I suggest you never put in a trade without a stop - even if it is a doomsday stop in case of a major catasrophic event (train bombs) or connectivity; issue. I also try to avoid looking at trading as any form of gambling - I try not to think in terms of winning or losing trades and look at them as profitable and non-profitable trades. I treat trading as a business (an exciting one) and not a day at the races. Just my opinion - but I saw a gambling mentality in my trading and it was not helping on bit. Best of luck on finding a new broker. Cheers!

Morning all. I do a bit of trading for fun (at least it is when I'm winning!), mainly on FTSE 100 EOY. I have also tried my hand at currencies but, apart from a bit of beginners luck, have had my ass kicked so I tend to leave them alone nowadays. My style is not very safe or scientific. I tend to pile in gradually, increasing my stake when I'm losing unless I lose faith in my judgement when I bale out in flames. I rarely use stop-losses unless I'm in profit. When I'm on a decent profit (as I was yesterday) I set limits and stops if I feel the market is at a short term peak or trough. Consequently my Buy bets on FTSE100 March cashed in at 4000 yesterday when they dipped after reaching 4035 or whatever it was. Thats primarily why I'm here this morning. I have a fair amount in my account with Finspreads and I want some of it back in my bank. None of Finspreads phone numbers are working - have they gone bust with my cash? Is anybody else having trouble with them? I think I will be needing a new Dealer - can you recommend one?

Just a quick note to say hello to the ladies and gents of the T2W forums. I'm new to forex/day trading, but not to trading generally. I look forward to chatting with you all in the near future and exchanging ideas about trading forex pairs and applying technical analysis.

A.V.

GFT and fast pc

You might want to take a look at GFT - they are mainly a currency broker but also take futures trades. Their charting is excellent but you need a fast PC to run it as it is ram intensive. Can I suggest you never put in a trade without a stop - even if it is a doomsday stop in case of a major catasrophic event (train bombs) or connectivity; issue. I also try to avoid looking at trading as any form of gambling - I try not to think in terms of winning or losing trades and look at them as profitable and non-profitable trades. I treat trading as a business (an exciting one) and not a day at the races. Just my opinion - but I saw a gambling mentality in my trading and it was not helping on bit. Best of luck on finding a new broker. Cheers!

Hi, Bryan - welcome!

I am trying to decide between using Oanda (all online, but so-so charts and tools, max 50:1 leverage) vs going with GFT/dealbook software, GFT online or MT4. My pc isn't slow until I add things to it, lol, but could you talk a little more about any experience you have had (or know of) with GFT/Dealbook and how it has impacted people's trading for better or worse?

I like huge profits

Hi,

I have been trading forex for 13 months and I am profitable - 100 pips a day average. I would love to share information and perspective - let me know what you have in mind.

Best,
Bryan

GFT/Oanda

Hi Pippi,

I use MT4 charts - same as Oanda - but only to watch the pairs I am interested in and the Dow, DAX, Dow futures, oil, and gold. I never use them for serious analysis. I have mt4 showing my 5 main pairs up on 2 monitors with 4H, 15M, and 1M charts. I find this very helpful to see where the pair has been over the past 5 days, the current day and the present moment. I have an open ended demo from North Finance, bless them.

But for serious chart analysis I use the GFT platform with whom I trade. The charts are really outstanding. I also subscribe to Prorealtimecharts - these are marvelous charts that automatically show resistance and support as well as trend lines. I have a system where I actually trade off a 2 minute chart using their supertrend indicator and the Bollinger bars along with the mt4 four longer time periods. If you want to know more about this I would be happy to share. It works pretty well.

Back to Dealbook - when I first downloaded it I did not like it - the default setup looks awful. If you like I can send you my setup that you can import into a demo or live if you decide to go with them. I have found them to be very good - consistent spreads - 3 pip E$ and UJ, 4 pips EJ, 8 pips GJ. I have nothing to complain about with them and it's been nearly a year.

Let me know. Best, Bryan