Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello everyone. My name is Alex and I am currently at Durham University. Although I have followed this forum and discussions for quite a while, I haven't contributed much because I am currently trying to learn by reading books/papertrading and practising on a small account.

I am currently doing a dissertation in Social Science (non finance related) although based on some observations from internships I have previously had. I was wondering if anyone who has ever worked in Financial Services (I understand most people here trade for themselves) could answer the following quick questionnaire. It won't take longer than 10 minutes and its mostly basic yes/no answers - I need to get some binary data to analyse, I would be very grateful!

Here is the link:
https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/durham/survey2

Thank you very much!

Hello all!

Shortly after coming in London some time ago, while browsing through some old books in a charity shop, I found a book called "The Alchemy of Finance" (do I need to name its author?) and got interested in making money in financial markets. Easy to say but better back to the ground...

The reality is that I am only about to start yet. I have some background knowledge which could be hopefully useful for setting up trading - some good overview of IT (Linux, databases, Python scripting, FIX Protocol and some others) and accounting (which could possibly help with analysing shares), so at least I can more easily handle the technical part.

I would like to combine a longer term portfolio of shares/ETFs/ETCs with daily traded CFDs, at least this is my initial view. So far I have been going to seminars, viewing historical data, reading various resources and practising with demo accounts. I have also opened a real account with Trade500plus but that was probably not quite wise as I have now discovered many negative reviews online and even warnings from Cyprus' and Belize's financial authorities about this broker. It will be probably better to look somewhere else. Yesterday I applied for an account with GFTUK but now I read so many negative reviews about them as well.

So I guess I need another broker. The selection will not be too wide, if any at all, because I am ready to start with something between only £500 and £1000. I do not aim for high leverage and will prefer minimising riscs, perhaps would hold a Gold ETF/ETC and occasionally short a Gold CFD at the times of price falls I observe almost everyday afternoon when North America begins their morning trading.

Maybe later I will be able to develop algorithmic trading and am preparing for it, but for now I am where I am - just looking for a (probably CFD) broker.

Thank you for reading my introduction and I will be happy to contribute to this forum with anything (from the little) I know.

Re: Introduce Yourself - IMC

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has a 7City login for the IMC - willing to pay.

Thanks

Hello. I'm from Kansas City and I'm somewhat new to FOREX trading.

I'm excited to be in the forums and I look forward to learning & growing. :)

Hello, my friend just told me about this forum. we were talking about our broker and he said their was a lot of trader here talking about them. I had no idea it was such a big forum. i look forward to reading.

Hi there, I trade only eurusd on the 30 seconds TF mostly Asian session based on price action: hh, hl, lh, ll, support/resistance, round numbers, pressure and on and on ........

I would like to join a thread with similar tendencies, any suggestions?

MK

Hi everyone;

I am addy from UK, but currently working in the Netherlands. I am not totally a newbie , I have invested before in stocks, ( Long term) , and now focusing on day trading techniques. So hoping to learn alot from your experiences.

Any one for an Economic Chat plz add me on skype: odai.halawani

Cheers

Hi there, I trade only eurusd on the 30 seconds TF mostly Asian session based on price action: hh, hl, lh, ll, support/resistance, round numbers, pressure and on and on ........

I would like to join a thread with similar tendencies, any suggestions?

MK

Hi Mike;

I am interested in trading Techniques on EURUSD. I have been reading and analyzing charts, always willing to learn from others.
Maybe we can start like a trading partners thread :)

Hi everyone, I have joined this forum in hope of making contact with another trader, trading with igmarkets and using the advanced charts. Which, I think is a service that is provided by an independent party.
I Generally trade the Dax and have had mixed fortunes but are on the back of a good losing streak :cry: and part of the reason for joining. During my 3 years of trading I have experienced/suffered many tactics and tricks that igmarkets can and do use. Also you should expect especially when you are winning. There are no morals or scrupulousness to these people that are only intent on taking all your money. Anyway if there is anyone using the same service and interested in taking screen shots at specific times for the purpose of checking the charts are not being manipulated to suite themselves "igmarkets", please get in touch. Either through this forum or email me strait at [email protected]

Hi Veron;

I have recently opened an account with Igmarkets, but havent transferred funds yet.

What is the issue? Please let me know

addy

Hi Rohin,

I see some experience talking from your advice.

I am trading ETFs and single shares for the last two years, live in Dublin and think it would be interesting to meet and share some ideas.

Cheers
Tom

Hi Tom;

I would be interested in sharing ideas, and trading techniques.

I am not new to trading, but have invested long term before, and trying now to do it Monthly.

I would like to trade ETFs, FTSE100 index, and stocks to start with.

Hope to hear from you soon

addy

Hi Mike;

I am interested in trading Techniques on EURUSD. I have been reading and analyzing charts, always willing to learn from others.
Maybe we can start like a trading partners thread :)

Hi Addy

I think that will be a good idea.

I will think of something and open a new thread today.

mk

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I have joined this forum in hope of making contact with another trader, trading with igmarkets and using the advanced charts. Which, I think is a service that is provided by an independent party.
I Generally trade the Dax and have had mixed fortunes but are on the back of a good losing streak :cry: and part of the reason for joining. During my 3 years of trading I have experienced/suffered many tactics and tricks that igmarkets can and do use. Also you should expect especially when you are winning. There are no morals or scrupulousness to these people that are only intent on taking all your money. Anyway if there is anyone using the same service and interested in taking screen shots at specific times for the purpose of checking the charts are not being manipulated to suite themselves "igmarkets", please get in touch. Either through this forum or email me strait at [email protected]

Veron

Yes, I have been trading with them as well, not to be trusted in my view. There are others much more honest.

mk