Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi,
I'm a quantitative developer from over 10 years now. I'm also an algoritmic trader. My knowledge comes out of praktice. I'm developing, testing, optimizing and trading my own systems full time.
I want to support Trade2Win members with my skills, but I will describe this in my thread.
Thank you

That sounds good, what technologies and methods do you use?
I'm also into big-data analysis and plan to work on a project with people like you who want to get an even bigger edge on the markets. I'm currently studying R for market statistics, are you interested in getting involved?

First of all, introduction..

Hi everyone, I'm Tobe.

I'm a novice investor. I like the sound of that -calling myself an investor, that is.:cheesy: Right now, all I'm doing is read books and articles on investing and looking for advice from others. I hope to benefit from this forum. This website was recommended to me by a friend and I'm already enjoying the feel of the environment. Peace.

I'll be back.

Newbe to Trade.

Hi all,

I am both new to T2W and trading. I just attended Learn2trade seminer today and thanks for the pre information about them I read up here before attending. All I read here about them exactly repeated today. However, not a victim today.

I am making more research about this business and way to go it right. I want to take my time to read up information and materials for new traders available in this forum before starting my venture in trading.

Please those that have experience if you have more advise, I will really appreciate.

Many thanks
Anthony

Definitely. You should treat this as if this is your business. Make research, plan and strategize. Evaluate regularly. Success will follow.

Hii:),

I'm Leticia and I'm Spanish so if I can't explain myself clear enough, sorry. I'll try to write in English the best I can. I'm new in the world of finance and I was looking for information on the Internet when I found this forum.

Thank you,
Leticia.

hello everyone,
I'm joshua and I've been trading for 3 months.. still a lot to learn.
I hope to find friends who can help trought this new experience !!

Hi all,

I am both new to T2W and trading. I just attended Learn2trade seminer today and thanks for the pre information about them I read up here before attending. All I read here about them exactly repeated today. However, not a victim today.

I am making more research about this business and way to go it right. I want to take my time to read up information and materials for new traders available in this forum before starting my venture in trading.

Please those that have experience if you have more advise, I will really appreciate.

Many thanks
Anthony

Hi Ghetem4u,

One of the most useful quotes I have ever been told is that 'trading is a marathon not a sprint'. In other words don't expect great things quickly, successful trading and the accumulation of consistent profits is something that is acquired over the long run.

Regards,

Phil

hello from australia have some understanding of equity markets being from a commerce background currently doing heaps of research on the net about futures with a view to begin dabbling at some stage in the near term and playing more seriously when i retire in 2-5 years as playing this game i believe would take lots of time to play properly on a daily basis

That sounds good, what technologies and methods do you use?
I'm also into big-data analysis and plan to work on a project with people like you who want to get an even bigger edge on the markets. I'm currently studying R for market statistics, are you interested in getting involved?

Hi people I am Georgi from Bulgaria, I have never written in this forum before but I view your post and decided to write. I also have great interests in quantitative analysis. Last year I passed CFA level 2, it was a part of my dream to work in financial market, when I started in CFA program I realize that quantitative analysis is a core of investment strategies and I continue to read a different statistics methods in finance. Nowadays I use models like regression analysis, GARCH models, VAR, copulas and other. I also use R for analysis (before I used Matlab). Will be great to connect with other people with quant interest. We may be exchange ideas for trade strategies, market research and other. Best Regards from Bulgaria!!!

Hi all
Im new to trading and hoping to find some great inspiration from this forum and no doubt will be posting many questions

uk member

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while now, doing some background reading and trying to gather my thoughts. I'm just starting out on my trading journey, but looking to day trade US stocks in my spare time whilst working full time (UK). Long term goal is probably similar to most on here - hopefully I'll be at a point in the future where I've been making consistent profits for long enough to make the leap to full time trading. But one step at a time...

Obi

Krautgap

Hi all

I'm new in this forum. I've been reading John pipers krautgap system. Anyone else here seen it? I'd be interested in comparing results.

Best

Hussein

Hi, I'm a n00b, I'm absolute 0 in trading and probably in life too. Not that I'm under-estimating my potential, I've been seeing myself objectively and work my way up.

I kicked myself out of Physics grad school as I studied Engineering in my undergrad and my naive stupid decision to go to a Physics grad school. Who would have though.

Well, right now I'm doing Data Science and I want to do Quant trading and also regular trading which ever I get to understand first, I registered also in Quantopian with the hopes that one day I will learn to implement my own Machine Learning Algos into their system.

Evening all

Newbie here looking at all aspects of trading, but mainly spreadbetting, although going to buy The Intelligent Investor by Ben Graham.

I have dipped in with a demo account with InterTrader with mixed results but am not set with them and am open to other platforms.

Going to do plenty more reading and test accounts but looking to start using hard earned cash in the new year....