Sticky Introduce Yourself

G'Day Traders, here is a greeny from Downunder. Some great topics in this forum, reading with great interest and hope to catch up with some of you people ?!
Happy Trading

Hi everyone. I'm Izzy Fuente and I live in beautiful Santo Domingo. I have been a trader for almost 5 years now and I trade my own account on a full-time basis. I have two girlfriends also traders and we share our office. Between us we trade a wide variety of assets and we find very useful to share insights from our own areas of interest and expertise with each other as building the bigger picture often has unexpected dividends. I am looking forward to seeing what this site is about, finding out new things, sharing my experience and making new friends.

Isabella Fuente

Hi, I am providing sentiment data of China stock market

Hi, I am providing sentiment data of China stock market, sentichina.com

Hi, I have background in finance but I am newbie in trading and I am currently doing a research about the platforms I can use for trading. Also about the instruments I can start with, with a preference in stocks. I will be greatful if you can give me some insights.
Thanks,
Martina

The moment I decided to take a scientifically methodological approach to my trading the results were immediate, positive and to date at any rate, enduring. My first action was to go through all of my trades and list the errors I had made. I then prioritized these errors by frequency and also by size of damage caused. Making mistakes requires energy, energy that could be better used for making correct decisions. Every time I make a mistake, it reduces my ability to do the right thing next. Making fewer mistakes frees up energy. I addressed each of these problems until it disappeared. In my case it turns out that the different types of error were quite small. The first error was a combination of three primary factors relating to energy. I wasn’t taking enough trades. I had valid setups, but took too few of them and therefore didn’t maximize my opportunities. The reason I did this was because as the trading day moved on, I began to lose focus and get fuzzy. And the reason I did this was because I gave myself too many discretionary decisions to make, too many real-time analyses and evaluations. Each one of which took away from my energy store. It all came down to confidence. Having tested my trading hypotheses thoroughly and demonstrated to myself they worked, I then failed to believe in my own hard work. How did I build confidence in my methods? I looked at the next, and only, two errors. Not closing out my trades when I had exit criteria, regardless of profit or loss situation and the other was closing out my trade for no particular reason other than the profit and loss situation. Basically, letting my losers run and closing out my winners for marginal profits. And my failure to close a position when given indications to do so was asymmetric in that if I was in a loss position, I would be less likely to close it than in a profitable one, which is precisely what I should have done of course. Simply stopping my losing trades from taking as much as they had been was a positive morale booster, moving the profit and loss balance on to the level. And letting my winning trades move to their natural conclusion without trying to grab small profits prematurely shifted the profit and loss balance right over to the positive side. Once I cured myself of making these errors, my trading was not only more profitable, but also more enjoyable and less stressful. The first step in this process was simply the decision to analyse my errors.

Hi, I'm new to trading but have been casually watching markets for 20years.
I'm learning, and still need to start an online account. Many questions... Great site!

Another moment of clarity for me was to discover looking for an entry event and an exit event was draining me on a number of levels. When I switched from trading when, to trading while, the artificial tensions created by looking for the perfect entry point and perfect exit point disappeared. The change in perspective means the trade comes into awareness and stays in awareness while the trade is viable until it no longer is. There is no event other than the duration of the trade while it remains viable. You can drop me into any trade that has green lights and I don't care how long ago those light lit up. I'll stay with i until the lights are no longer all green. Trying to find the top and the bottom is a surefire way to confusion, over-complication and finessing of that which cannot be finessed.

Last edited:
Hi, I am new to trading. I have been visiting forexfactory, forex-tsd and now trader2win. Trying to learn from various experts from here about trading forex.

Hi

Im Kolamans nice to be with in the community. I will be soon reveal my broker truth and will provide the real review for you guys lern..Its UK leading IG---market pirate....money sucker with Arrogant blunted staff...IG never submit your trades to open market.. they bet against you to wipe out....

Hello, My name is Laureano and I live in UK, but I´m spanish. I´m actually a proffesional online poker player but I want to switch to this world :)

Namaste from India

Dear Friends,
I happen to be a computer lover who somehow landed up in financial markets owing to interest in the family business. My attachment to the software industry allowed me to think from the perspective of an engineer rather than a trader.
During my last 4 years associated with stock indices and currency pairs, I got to learn that it takes more of common sense and less of the nonsense media spreads, to earn a fortune in the market.
And well, my name is Shashi (which means Moon in Hindi)!

I’m just starting out and enthused after attending the Guildford seminar – apart from being an excellent learning event it was good to meet up with some really great people. Thanks to Pat Quinn for directing me to T2W and to Dippers, NAZ and Chris Pay for first class presentations - I learnt more in 3 hours on Saturday than I have over the last three months.

I’m working towards trading seriously in the New Year – part time, say two days per week at first – so its learn, learn, learn for me at the moment. Thanks to Hill Farmer for recommending www.echarts.com – exactly what I need right now.

Martin