Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi everyone,

I am an 21 year old, aiming to be a systematic trader. My only experience is in paper trading of some currency pairs in FX markets.

I wish everyone profits!

thanks

thanks for the forum admin to provide this service to share experience with other traders.

azaib77

Hello or as we say in Wales "Sumai".

I've had some expirience in trading the markets on numerous platforms but all have been on practice mode. I love looking at the markets especially AIM (Alternative Investment Markets) which usually compromises of newly formed companies. Although greater their risk I have a keen eye in researching and discover new potential lucrative opportunities within AIM.

I'm happy to find this forum and would like to learn from the lot of you and also discuss possible opportunities. I would like to find out how one gets their credentials in the industry and also find out of any stock broker training available within North Wales or the North West.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

We are a small team of traders with excellent results. Our experience 3 years in trading and we use intraday strategies. We are looking for talented people to create high-speed algorithmic systems, operating on C ++ / Delphi for Linux.
Also we are looking for someone who will done the analysis on our system to work in the futures commodity market or the stock market. We are ready to exchange our experience on your work, all were in winnings.

Please submit information about you to [email protected]

Last edited:
Hello. I'm Matt from Lithuania. I'm 17 years old. Started trading at 16. Trading with real money for almost 3 month. Looking for new friends, new ideas to improve trading experience. In my free time I enjoy reading self development books, training outside. I think it's enough for now. Good luck for everyone!

Hi all, I am new here.

I have years trading expereicens on Forex / Stocks / HS-300 Index Futures. Glad to meet you here.

Hi as you all know my name is diamond audu am from Nigeria I was looking for a website to trade and i see this please put me through

Hello,

This is Michael from India. I am internet marketer and finance advisor. I have join this forum for discussion about some topics. Want to contribute in existing discussion as well new and share my knowledge.

Hi,

I'm a 21 year old college student who's completely new to trading, and very interested in learning more! I hope I can eventually contribute to discussion, but for now I'll happily read and ask questions.

Hi folks. I'm McTony. I've been lurking on the site for a while now, and thought it was finally time I made an account.

Hi

Hello All

As my name suggest, I am new, I have been trading for few months (2-3) and suffered a major loss of my capital. I would like to learn from this forum and its members. I am a full time trader and I study basic charts and patters as I am done with Tukka's (guess work). So looking forward for a warm welcome.

Thanx in advance

Hi guys. Stephen here from the UK. I have a very simple question as I am a complete novice though do have an accounting background. Is it really possible to learn trading from scratch on here? Thanks

Old wine in a new bottle

Greetings from old bones! I've been a lurker for some time but no posts. I've made money in most of the markets like stocks, commodities, and mutual funds. Problem is I've always lost a little more than I made. I never blew out any of my accounts completely, but I always managed to knock a big enough hole in them that I let them go dormant for long periods...or cashed them out to buy new cars or pay bills.

I'm retired IBEW electrician and spent 5 or 6 years as a property claims adjuster absorbing information about real estate planning to flip houses for cash as I retired. Over the decades as an entrepreneur I've seen old money lead the new risk takers into building businesses on their money, only to call the notes due every so often via money manipulation. Anyway, I learned for a grandson of a share cropper, that borrowing money was a good way to make the rich richer.

So my plan was to educate myself in all the ways of flipping and use my own money to withstand any changes in monetary policy.

Next problem was, shortly after retirement, I started making offers and getting familiar with my market area. The prices (2 years ago) went up faster than I could get my bids in. Then they were a little too high for me to pay cash and have enough left to remodel.

I had to either borrow money...or buy less than desirable houses. Though not yet a stock trader, I understood the importance of following rules. I spent about 6 months depressed over my busted life plan.

Then one day, I decided I would study everything about the markets and learn how to make that work. I'd already read several books and paid for my share of courses, so I knew some things...just not enough to make money.

I read everything, got a paper trade account with my broker td ameritrade and just let my cash rot in the bank at 1/2% interest. I cashed in some loser stocks and left the little money in my brokerage account gather dust.

I know this is getting long, but no one has to read it, and I hope I don't have to talk about myself much after this is done.

I paper traded all sorts of set-ups and just as before lost a few dollars more than I made....like 95% of traders who steadily make the rich richer.

I read a book by Van K. Tharp called "Super Trader" and I started listing my beliefs, evaluating them, getting rid of the bad ones and anchoring the good ones. I wrote out a business plan for trading, and I established a set of rubber rules. I say rubber because I changed them and adapted them trying to make my losing set up work.

With $100,000 paper account, I managed to lose $40,000. Some say there is no emotional loss in a paper account, but that depends on how much you want to learn. My nest egg was losing purchase power while I learned, so each paper loss was a swat at my fragile nest egg. I would get so excited as I learned a new set up. It would win a few and lose a few more, but I thought I'd get better. I didn't. I kept records and my trades were consistent with almost every technical setup I used. After all my Holy Grail systems failed. I read everything about CAMSLIM investing including Dow and Darvas who came before William O'Neil

I started to win a little. I discovered a smooth trending chart that was sort of my own idea, and when I traded these early in base stages, I'd make money. I made all the $40,000 back in a few months, then with a paper account $400 larger than when I started, I went back to live trading about the middle of January. In a couple of months my live account was up over 30%, but the market was getting choppy with eight distribution days, Dow transportation leading or almost leading the Dow Industrial in down movements. Commodities seemed to struggle, service business seemed to struggle, and transportation began to slow a little. Companies were skittish about the effect of a strong dollar....and after a down day, I cashed in my winnings waiting for a better market.

I had learned to make money in an uptrend, but I had no proven setups for choppy markets. I suppose I could play a downtrend, but undecided was killing me. I needed some new methods. That's why I am here in this forum, hoping to find exactly what I need. I went all cash at about 124% of my 1st of the year account balance.

Hello All,

I am new members here and wish to learn from senior members about Volume (VWAP or OnBalancedVolume) trading method.

Hai all,

I am new here. hope to get cooperation from the members over here. What ever help is possible from me, I will do.

thanks.

Please give a welcome to me here.

pandupr2