Sticky Introduce Yourself

Just a Howdy

I am George [aka here as SpecsTrading]. I am in NE Indiana. Retired for medical reasons. As of this day, 61 yrs old. Only one home so plenty of time for trading. I have been trading off and on since the late 80's. Started out with commodities [futures and options]. Did ok there. I was able to hold my own until times I would get stupid. Skipped trading for a spell then went into stock options. That was interesting but I found it too 'political' from day-to-day. I have a FOREX account that I trade with FXCM. Have had the account for some time but have only gotten back into FOREX recently now that I am always home. I have been studying to great detail the Trident Trading Strategy. I've had the book about 20-25 yrs and just found it again a couple months ago. For whatever reason, it is reading much differently now than it did then. I like the system. I am sure I have gone overboard on creating spreadsheets and other forms but as I trade the system, I find the things and info I need and weed out the rest...kind of a natural attrition. Hope this posts to the right place. Where do we add our avitar?

Sure Been There, Mike

My intro post is just below this post of yours. I used to have quite a library of trading books. Sold them all on Ebay accept for my 2 candlesticks and a couple strategy books. Want some advice? Gonna give it anyway....if you don't want it, then don't read it. Watch out for the emotions. We have them for a purpose but Fear and Greed cannot work here or you will perish...and you have to watch them, they are sneaky. Also, drill it into your head every day that the only right price, the only right direction is the markets direction...not yours.
I don't use MA's. Found them pointless. Candlestick patterns are good but you need a keen eye. That come with practice. Talking about practice...you probably have heard this but no amount of practice can prepare you for trading real money. I trade FOREX now with FXCM. You can open a small account for I think $50. They have excellent teachings/news/support all that good stuff. You can trade several FOREX pairs for $20 margin. It's real money but it won't break ya. Good charting...I use their MarketScope for desktop. FOREX is basically trading 24/7 which attracted me to it in the first place.
Last advice...find your own heartbeat, your rhythm. Pick/develop a simple plan and do it. Avoid market orders...I find them emotionally based. Find an Entry Order point from your simple system, set it and walk away. DO NOT SECOND GUESS. YOU WERE RIGHT IN REALIZING THE VALUE OF PATIENCE. Let the market come to you rather than chasing it. Here's to Ya, Mike, and Good Skill.

Hello

Hi I have dabbled in trading commodities and options and for the last couple of years forex. Success has been spasmodic.
I'm here to follow up on the Strength Meter approach and to find a system I can adopt.
Cheers

Hello! My name is Orly and I'm a new member :) Just a quick disclaimer, I work at primepair.com which is a new forex and general global news site. I joined trade2win in order to see what the forex community is interested in and what are the top trading issues and questions that come up. I also hope I'll be able to help users by linking to relevant info that was published on our site and might be beneficial for them.

Nice to meet you all! :)

Here's a system I'm using with good results

Hi Guys my name is sachin i m from india. i am searching for trading system. plz help me .

Good Evening - I've been in and out of trading for about 20 yrs. I am currently using the Trident Trading Strategy and it is working quite well for my FOREX trading. I know that the system will work with anything you want to trade, commodity, options, whatever.
You can get the book at Amazon. It's by Charles Lindsay.
It is a bit of a bitch to follow the explanations of the system but if you work with a chart and preferably a data table of prices, this will help significantly. I have traded 19 trades in the last 3 wks. [FOREX] 10 wins and 9 losses. Of the losses, 5 were not using the system and were significant losses. The other 4 losses were using the system but were very small. All the wins are using Trident System and the wins easily outweigh the losses. Good luck and Good Skill
George

New Here Complete Beginner

Hi I have just registered for a trading account with interactive investor. I have never traded before. I live south west England and currently run a ebay store dropshipping items. I am Interested in learning how to trade online, and chat with people in a similar situation. Has anyone got any suggestions for books or videos for a complete beginner.

Thanks Charles:D

Hi everyone,

I am new here. so far it looks like a great forum with helpful and easy to read information.
I am quite new to day trading as well (have been an inactive trader though for last 10 years - just bought and sold stocks to diversify investment portfolio). lets see how it goes ....

looking forward to trading and interaction with fellow traders.

Hey , hope everyone is well. I'm the new guy. Been thinking of stock trading for some time now , so here goes. I can use all the advise and help you have to offer.
Happy trading -Almyconver-

Howdy,

My first post on this forum. I am long time trader, almost forty years, 70% of my trading is long term Commodities and some stocks. Basically, Contrarian long term commodities, trending only in stocks whether long/short, I do Commodity spread trading which seems to be a dying way to make good money without huge margins. I am more of a Scalper of ES/CL going for one/two points/10-20 ticks 5-20 times in morning session in ES and almost any time in CL and then quit. Intra-day trading requires most time, concentration, devotion and costs are the highest in either leasing seats, retail commissions and 10,000 hours min in front of a screen to learn. And I am leaning stock/etf option trading for medium term gains, still much to learn. I have seven automated systems running 24 hours a day, although some are time sensitive. I have not had a real job for like twenty years, this is just fun most of the time, moments of frustration, I study and think 99% of my time how to cheat risk, smallest you risk with high enough winning percentages the more lots you can put on.

I learn by studying the winning trades. In 1980s/90s bought many trading systems and books and it has been ten years since I have bought anything for education, you can learn much in forums and internet, if it is too complicated, probable not going to work well.

Think my best quality is I am stubborn, I maintain my rules and don't care when others oppose what I am doing,

Good trading all.

Sports Spread Betting

Hi Im doing a market study on spread betting in sports and I need to interview someone who has placed this kind of bet before.

If you have 10 minutes for a call, I can compensate you with a $150 amazon voucher.

The interview needs to be today, let me know if you are available at [email protected]

thanks!

Hi starting looking on forums again after a few years break. Trading successfully for quite a few years but hopefully can educate here and provide meaningful comments not criticise like many find so ease to do.

Hi Everyone,

I'm a future trader on stocks index and bonds index . Based in South East Asia (Thailand and Singapore). I'm here to exchange idea, meet other traders and educate myself

Hello everybody,

I am completely new here :)
I found this web when I was searching for a trainee jobs/ internships in finance. Get completely lost with options and nobody to ask for an advice..

I am here mainly to educate myself
Many thanks to this ones who spend here many hours to share their experiences and ideas- this is priceless

Howdy,

My first post on this forum. I am long time trader, almost forty years, 70% of my trading is long term Commodities and some stocks. Basically, Contrarian long term commodities, trending only in stocks whether long/short, I do Commodity spread trading which seems to be a dying way to make good money without huge margins.

I learn by studying the winning trades. In 1980s/90s bought many trading systems and books and it has been ten years since I have bought anything for education, you can learn much in forums and internet, if it is too complicated, probable not going to work well.

Think my best quality is I am stubborn, I maintain my rules and don't care when others oppose what I am doing,

Good trading all.

Very impressive experience and resume :) I work in Forex so we won't be talking much :(( But welcome aboard anyway !
HyperScalper

Very impressive experience and resume :) I work in Forex so we won't be talking much :(( But welcome aboard anyway !
HyperScalper

I have traded forex in past and always keep Forex account as backup, always have to have something backup when one trades, like a second account open in case your main computer locks up and you in middle of a trade, go to other account to exit trade. Time is money. I have used Forex in past when there are big enough differences between forex and currency futures, if it going to happen usually around news.

And a thank you.:clap:

I have traded forex in past and always keep Forex account as backup, always have to have something backup when one trades, like a second account open in case your main computer locks up and you in middle of a trade, go to other account to exit trade. Time is money. I have used Forex in past when there are big enough differences between forex and currency futures, if it going to happen usually around news.

And a thank you.:clap:

In the past I chased Futures clients, selling them software, but they almost always blew out their accounts. Take Euro FX, $12.50 / tick. I realized they were underfunded and generally over-committed with the minimum of 1 contract. So I rejigged everything and moved to Forex where as little as 1/100th exposures can be taken incrementally. Brilliant and effective idea. Problem is Clients trading the Forex market are pretty much crap (no offense meant to anyone); whereas Futures and Stock traders watch CNBC and tend to have money to spend. Bad marketing decision. So now I don't chase clients, but just have a prop trade operation with a partner in Europe so I can get access to the decent Forex brokers, and trade with our own software. Forget those "cheap" Forex amateurs... let's be professional, and deal only with pros, if possible; you might feel the same way.

HyperScalper

Last edited: