Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi one and all and Happy New Year. Great site - just a bit overwhelming to a newbie - so much info!!!
I have been in the stock market for a few years now, mainly in shares and funds but looking to stretch myself and venture into CFD's. Done a lot of reading, watching video tutorials, keep abreast with global market news etc.
I wonder if anyone has a view on MB Capital, London who offer among other things CFD Advisory service. I can't see any reviews of them on the T2W website? Any info appreciated! Thanks, Phil

Thanks helping a lot

This is a thread in the New to Trade2Win forum which provides everyone with an opportunity - both old members and new - to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the New to Trading forum, which is targeted specifically at newbies taking their first steps.

I have been following your forum from mid 2014 and almost get answers from other users question so I do not have register here. While now I want to become a part of this community and share my views, recommendation and get other's view to enhance my knowledge

Found this website due to the link in the back of Michael Sincere's book Start Day Trading Now. After reading this forum for days, its starting to look like day trading futures isn't as easy as I was led to believe.

Just a month ago I had no idea which was direction bear or bull indicated. So far its very interesting, love the idea of focusing on risk, and I'm really enjoying Market Wizards by Schwager.

Thought I'd post a quick hello for my first post.

I've been trading a demo account and reading up on Spread Betting for about 3 months now and thought it was about time I joined t2w as I've read some great posts on the forums etc.

I'm under no illusion that this will make me rich. I'm just along to enjoy and have some fun. If I make £1 I'll be happy.

Hi everyone.. I'm happy to be here... willing to learn from all of you and to contribute whenever possible. I've been around forex since 2007 but finally trading myself since 2012.

Happy 2015 to everyone.... Let's see how the markets behave this year.

Hi

Hello everyone,

Another noob here searching for information. There seems to be a lot of people like me. No wonder there is so many scam brokers out there :mad:. Easy money for their pockets.
That is how i ended up here - looking for one that would not trick me. For now it sure does look like digging in dirt for fake gems. But a gal can try...

Happy trading and good luck to us all :D

Hi every one I'm new to trade to win . My real name is not really dick tracey . its Graham . It seems Graham was already apreciated by someone earlier . I'm where many of you started years ago. I have much to learn . I beleive I'm in good company . I hail from Sydney Australia .Cheers all

Hello everyone

My name is FCMForex, lets talk FX, the irresistible world of currency trading! Hoping to make many friends and contacts here!:clap::D

Hello

Hello out there,

My name is Shannon and I'm completely new to trading. I've been finding myself researching the market very vigorusly lately. I just don't know exactly where to start. I am a recent college grad who's trying to figure where to start in the vast world of trading. I'm open to all informative news and will be watching all the forums closely. Thank you and happy trading

Try this

Hello out there,

My name is Shannon and I'm completely new to trading. I've been finding myself researching the market very vigorusly lately. I just don't know exactly where to start. I am a recent college grad who's trying to figure where to start in the vast world of trading. I'm open to all informative news and will be watching all the forums closely. Thank you and happy trading

Hi i bought vince atanzione trading and its great as its simple and it does work.you font need expensive programs you hust to keep it simple and trade small while you learn it does take a few years so dont get idea its quick easy money.it is hard.
Wish you all the best luck in trading

Hi Guys,

My name is Luke from the UK and I am new to trading (hence posting in this forum), although I have dabbled in the Forex and commodities market over the course of a few years, it's been on and off and I've only ever really lost money overall (luckily it's only a practice account for now).

In recent time, I have conducted a substantial amount of time researching patterns, trends, candlestick signals, price action and other indicators. From the lessons I have learned following that research I can appreciate why I have always lost money which, is probably like 99% of all other traders in that they eventually discover that they cannot successfully gamble their way through markets, not unless they have Jesus on their side conducting miracles at every turn anyway.

So, I aim to stack the odds more in my favour and learn from the research and begin to implement a basic trading strategy.

My first goal is to become profitable in the practice environment on a demo account (right now I have $6500 and I want to turn that into $7000, initially) and then invest a small amount of real currency ($500) and see how I cope with the emotional pressures.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations based on platforms though, as right now I am using etoro and it seems to be ok, but then the spreads are a little on the high side and some people say that their prices lag and they've had trouble with withdrawing cash from them so I am keen to avoid this.

Essentially I would like to find a platform/broker capable of trading microlots and has capabilities with MT4/5 integration (or maybe other applications which are just as good/better).

In addition, I would like to be able to backtest some of my trading strategies and I was wondering what the best way of implementing that is? I know I can run historical data from with MT4, but I would like to be able to place dummy orders against them and play around with the gains/losses I would have made if I had played a particular trade (I guess I could work on the number of pips won/lost)? Can someone point me in the right direction for setting this up?

Is there a tool available that allows you to practice trading, when the markets are closed on the weekends for example that is easier than setting up MT4?

Many thanks to all who help in advance,

Luke.

Intro

Hi I have been trading for 4-5 years and am looking to see what the job market is for futures traders. Started in stocks 5-6 years and really started learning futures about 3-4 years ago. Really fascinating stuff.

Hello everyone,

My name is Brad, 29 years old, and brand new to actual trading. I have been "researching" trading for years now - and by that, I mean reading everything I could possibly get my hands on but not actually doing a damn thing to start trading.

Hopefully this is my first step into actual trading, and I hope to learn from the best on these boards. Cheers, all!

Hi, I'm very new to the trading scene. I have had a practice account for a month now and have read about and tried out a few strategies so far. Some of which include Japanese candle readings, Fibonacci Retracements (difficult I think), 1 week, 1 day, 4 hour Simple average price indicators, and the 200 EMA indicator.

I thought i was getting it in the beginning on the practice account and what i thought was an understanding of the system, was simply luck on the trade which made me very confident and emtional and thus I opened a real account and within minutes I lost quite a bit of my equity.

But I am very pleased that it happened this way around. I lost big in the beginning which made me realise that I am no way near ready that I need more practice. This rookie mistake also taught me that patients is the biggest virtue in this field. I have now set myself a goal that I get my money back over the course of a year or less, even if it is only a £1 here and there.

I'm now currently reading 'The Essentials of Trading; from the nasics to building a Winning strategy' by John Forman.

I have alwyas wanted to get into trading; not in a hectic broker, but in the comfort of my home concentrating on graphs and pattern shifts over and over. I like the challenge of it so I will not give up on being successful.

Michael