Sticky Introduce Yourself

i am calljunky JOHN i joined to meet fellow investors and learn

My name is John and my username is Calljunky ,i am from United Kingdom living in Scotland "but seem to be around world most time with my business Open World Telecom.

My business takes me to living in India most of the year as have a full office of 89 staff ins Jaipur and am now looking open office in Delhi.

I visited Thailand on way back 2 weeks ago,and i am determined find friends and make business in Thailand it blew me away ."any people Thailand say hi"

I am back now in Scotland and we are opening a office in Edinburgh and hoping fly out to India in a week time via Qatar and Singapore next 2 weeks ."any people Scotland say hi"

i have joined trade2win as i want get involved Forex,find great friends to chat ,get knowledge ,not sure i want to trade fully or establish with friends a trading group.

but i do want meet people who have won-lost and anyone with great ideas ,add me and lets make money
john

:clap::clap:

Hey

Hi Guys,

I have been on Trade2Win for a little time - mostly reading articles.

I am 25 years old who has been trading on off for about 2 years now.

I traded daily bars with MA's no other indicators (used momentum as a way to trade). I worked for a trading company for a year and I am pretty savvy with MT4.

My first trading experience ended with me blowing my account (traded silver - went horribly wrong :) cost me about 700 quid. Funny that I thought I knew better and although I usually place stops, that trade I didn't (Ended up picking the top and going long - don't ask :rolleyes:).

So I spent the next few months making sure I understood risk management properly and set myself up with a nice excel sheet.

Now I want to move into more intraday (hourly bars) trading. I am currently looking at testing my current strategy on a demo for a period of 3 years on a bunch of major pairs before trading it. Hopefully it will be profitable.

I am looking to learn from more experienced people. To discuss strategies with people, to see what works and what doesn't work. I have read many debates Stop losses vs no stop losses, but I would prefer to risk manage my trades. As I said I have been in a trade for several months without any SL and the stress it causes is crazy (waking up in the night etc and hoping it turns around)

So I am looking at discussing things with people who do use SL's and are consistently profitable. I am not here for the 'holy grail' (there isn't one) but a decent monthly performance. I also understand that people don't give away things on here but just to learn and apply in the correct way, would really be beneficial.

Also I am interested in talking about brokers, which ones you all use and how they fair.

Look forward to chatting with you all!

Sunsilk

My name is John and my username is Calljunky ,i am from United Kingdom living in Scotland "but seem to be around world most time with my business Open World Telecom.

My business takes me to living in India most of the year as have a full office of 89 staff ins Jaipur and am now looking open office in Delhi.

I visited Thailand on way back 2 weeks ago,and i am determined find friends and make business in Thailand it blew me away ."any people Thailand say hi"

I am back now in Scotland and we are opening a office in Edinburgh and hoping fly out to India in a week time via Qatar and Singapore next 2 weeks ."any people Scotland say hi"

i have joined trade2win as i want get involved Forex,find great friends to chat ,get knowledge ,not sure i want to trade fully or establish with friends a trading group.

but i do want meet people who have won-lost and anyone with great ideas ,add me and lets make money
john

:clap::clap:

Hi John, Have you done any trading before? Or are you a total newbie? (Your response will probably have the Forex Education lurkers all over you)

What made you want to get into FX?

Sunsilk

u could say newbie-but i like think i know so much -but lets say i newbie -but i skilled in my own business

i love people add me to skype carbonrewards

Hi and thank you for a great resource

T2W is a place where I have found valuable help made possible by those contributing, and I have started to trade forex as a career after trading as a hobby for 8 years- Thank you!

T2W is a place where I have found valuable help made possible by those contributing, and I have started to trade forex as a career after trading as a hobby for 8 years- Thank you!

Hey,

Are you making consistent returns?

My problem is finding a technical method which provides consistent returns. I am due to start my backtesting next week. Did you backtest what you are doing? What kind of trading do you do?

Sunsilk

u could say newbie-but i like think i know so much -but lets say i newbie -but i skilled in my own business

i love people add me to skype carbonrewards

Trading is a whole seperate entity to your business. Whilst it has many similar aspects such as risk management and discipline, it can wipe you out a lot quicker than anything else if you are not aware.

I would personally recommend using Babypips to brush up on your basic knowledge. I went through their school and whilst it doesn't obviously teach you how to trade (something that you will need to do yourself) it will provide a guide on what is what.

Sunsiilk

Hey,

Are you making consistent returns?

My problem is finding a technical method which provides consistent returns. I am due to start my backtesting next week. Did you backtest what you are doing? What kind of trading do you do?

Sunsilk

Check out my post in the Trading Systems discussion area. I have found a method for trading SPX credit spreads that provides very consistent returns. It uses 10+ years of historical SPX data.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-systems/192426-spx-option-trading-system.html

One of the members who use this sent me this e:mail yesterday regarding the online calculator I developed for assisting with finding SPX credit spreads:

"This is a great tool, thanks for sharing it.
It has really changed my trading life. I had been floundering with different strategies for the past 15 years. This is finally the strategy I have been looking for: formalized, rule based, clearly defined entry and exit rules, well diversified, and predictable. I hope to double my money annually and I can foresee equalling my annual work income in a few years. It really is powerful. Great job! "

Check out my post in the Trading Systems discussion area. I have found a method for trading SPX credit spreads that provides very consistent returns. It uses 10+ years of historical SPX data.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-systems/192426-spx-option-trading-system.html

One of the members who use this sent me this e:mail yesterday regarding the online calculator I developed for assisting with finding SPX credit spreads:

"This is a great tool, thanks for sharing it.
It has really changed my trading life. I had been floundering with different strategies for the past 15 years. This is finally the strategy I have been looking for: formalized, rule based, clearly defined entry and exit rules, well diversified, and predictable. I hope to double my money annually and I can foresee equalling my annual work income in a few years. It really is powerful. Great job! "

Cool thanks I will definitely check it out. I will get back to you with any feedback as well.

Sunsilk

Hello from countrydj

Hi Guys and Galls...
I found this forum by accident, somehow. And I'm glad that I did.
I am absolutely brand new to trading. At the moment I am doing a lot of searching to find out as much as I can.
I find that the trouble is when I ask to download an article, I have to give my phone number before I can get it. The downside to this is that i am getting inundated with phone calls from people that want me to send them lots of money to trade with. Most of them seem very reluctant to take NO for an answer.
I wonder what part of NO they don't understand ???
I have only come across one broker who wanted to give me advice without any pressure to subscribe. Very refeshing...

At the moment, I can't make up my mind how to start. I am still studying.

Cheers,

John C

Hello everyone

My name is Michael and I am very new to trading, I have watched a few docus on trading and joined etoro but really haven't got a clue what I am doing, so hoping this is the best place to start.

I really am a novice and looking for beginners advice from maybe a start point in teaching me about buying and selling long and short, spread betting and cfd's reading the charts etc, any advice info on where to start would be very much appreciated.

Seen so many visit this seminar or free trading platforms etc no idea where to begin !

Thanks everyone

Michael

My name is Michael and I am very new to trading, I have watched a few docus on trading and joined etoro but really haven't got a clue what I am doing, so hoping this is the best place to start.

I really am a novice and looking for beginners advice from maybe a start point in teaching me about buying and selling long and short, spread betting and cfd's reading the charts etc, any advice info on where to start would be very much appreciated.

Seen so many visit this seminar or free trading platforms etc no idea where to begin !

Thanks everyone

Michael

Hi Michael, check out babypips, they have a basic education section that is free which you can have a go at. I would start there. Anything you don't get you can probably find on a thread or ask someone and they can explain it. Some things take a bit to get your head round. But if you persist then there is nothing stopping you.

Hope that gives you something to grasp as a start. Someone might have something better, but my opinion is that is the best place to start.

Sunsilk

Hi, Im Noahkins, 33years old from the UK.

I am totally new to trading. Its something i have looked at from afar for quite a while and have always felt like giving it a go as i have an analytical approach to most things that I do.

Im currently doing as much research as I possibly can which is proving difficult with 2 small children and a full time job. I have set up a demo account with Plus500 (not sure if they are good choice if i did go live) and have managed to make a small profit from using some tips on technical analysis i picked up on youtube which made sense to me. I have a few books arriving from ebay soon covering more information on technical analysis and reading candlestick charts so fingers crossed my knowledge will grow.

I plan on browsing the forums on a daily basis gathering as much information as I can and will hopefully go live in 1/2 years. I plan on starting with a small deposit (good idea?) and seeing what I can turn it in to. If i lose it all i want to be able to say i gave it a good shot.

thanks,
:clover:

Thanks everyone

Michael

Hi Michael,

It appears we are in the same position.

I have been watching a lot of youtube videos in the last few days about reading charts and looking for indicators and how day trading works. I found this lead on to researching the terms used and what markets i was watching being traded on. I have found this to be a good starting point for me and may work for you.

Good luck in your journey :clover:

try this

I bought the vince stanzione course,worth every penny,simple rules and does
actually work,dont believe all the videos selling black boxes and expensive software.
you need to find a system that works for you and you will do fine,the biggest rule and the best rule i can tell you is KEEP IT SIMPLE otherwise you will have problems

Hi, new to trading. Just a brief introduction! Before this I was playing online poker for 7 yrs with only mediocre success. I've about 50k lifetime profits but my game deteriorated from lack of enthusiasm and gradual exhaustion. I figured I didn't have enough luck factor or determination to continue. That's when I decided the stock market was more right for me!

I'm still paper trading to get the hang of it...

What I found surprising though was daytrading had very similiar aspects of poker & fundamental or analysing charts weren't really that important.

After learning the basics, some indicators I found I can almost jump right in!

Well, GL everyone!

Last edited:
newbie hello

Hello to all. Just thought to say a quick hello.
Quite often I find that some individuals are happy to sit at the back of the class and not contribute. I on the other hand feel that by jumping in and giving feedback helps in as much that there are lots of people who want the same answer to the questions I need but are to shy to ask.
What is the best book, the best tutor, the best software etc.the answer to these and many more will be answered within this forum I hope.
I am a complete beginner and quite realistic in my endeavor to increase my money.
I work in engineering and I am very methodical in my ways. I intend to read up and get tutored so that I can honestly find out wether you can learn to be a good trader or it's a natural gift. I obviously believe it can be learnt hence my ambitions.
Any help will bee most appreciated.cheers for reading this.