Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jon

My main 2 TW's based on the hour frame change and the half hr frame charge have always worked for over 7 years and became more apparent to me the last 4/5 years when I checked over a 6 months period the most common scalp turn points

I then ended up with 6 key times and 2 which did occur - but not so much - ie 15 mins past and quarter to the hour.

The most common change was just after the hour to 9 mins past.

I allowed 9 mins either side as the window and found out that in the 2 x18 min windows ie 36 mins out of 60 mins - over 85% of all turns happened in this 60% time period and that the most common changes were at 0 - 9 - 21 - 30 - 39 - 51.

These time are not set in stone - a min either way is still OK - so you focus in a time window and look for the correct price level and quick LR's to say - buy or sells

Remember though - nothing will work 100% on its own - you need a combination of events - ie the correct price at a S or R in a time window with PA saying within 30 -60 seconds that a change is underway

If today you have noticed a few at quarter past - or even quarter too - it does happen - i tend to think with different liquidity providers - and i am sure their supercomputers would want a variance going on to help smooth out new orders or existing orders being closed

If you get a price at an important price level meet at say 9 34 or 9 36 am - take it dont wait until 9 39 am for confirmation - but if all lined up say exactly at 10 20 or 21 - then it as a good 80%+ probability of working and ended up with a new move worth over 5 pips

the stronger KT's happen when 3 or more pairs all sync together .

This as happened a few times today - leading to larger moves of over 20 + pips

So as a conclusion - I would say please don't just depend on one or two clues - ideally 3 or more are needed for the higher probability and making sure your entry leads to hardly any minus pips before it goes into a profit enabling you to use only 5 pips or less stops - meaning just a 10 pip result is a RR of approx 2

If you can get 7 out of 10 correct on entries you will be doing well

I reckon you will need at least 500 tries to get to this level or better - just ask Major Magnum when he gets back off holiday - but once he got his timing right - he now thinks any win ratio lower than 80% is poor ;-)

All the best Jon and have a great weekend

Regards

F

Wow,
I was not expecting such a thorough answer and certainly not at this hour. Many thanks for a great explanation, and I am sorry that I kept you from doing other things.

Yes I certainly did a number of errors today and as you suggest I was probably focusing too much on the timing rather than completing the picture. In fact the root of the problem was some sort of time stress due to other events I think which made the hour more important than it should have been. Well lesson learned and I am trading with peanuts for the moment so no harm done. As for the LRs I think I have my setup wrong as they do not conform very well to your charts posted so I will try to mend that during the w/e.

Anyway thanks again and have a nice weekend!
Jon

Wow,
I was not expecting such a thorough answer and certainly not at this hour. Many thanks for a great explanation, and I am sorry that I kept you from doing other things.

Yes I certainly did a number of errors today and as you suggest I was probably focusing too much on the timing rather than completing the picture. In fact the root of the problem was some sort of time stress due to other events I think which made the hour more important than it should have been. Well lesson learned and I am trading with peanuts for the moment so no harm done. As for the LRs I think I have my setup wrong as they do not conform very well to your charts posted so I will try to mend that during the w/e.

Anyway thanks again and have a nice weekend!

Jon

hey F,

good to see you going strong.

quick question for you if you have time.

you mentioned game theory early on in this thread.this is becoming more apparent to me in my trading.would you be able to go over your understanding of this again when you have time? would it equate to the institutions deciding on a bullish movement for themselves and yet selling sharply firstly to essentially trap the unaware? or would this be defined as something else? the 'randomness' of the markets is being called into question in my own mind and I am just trying to put a label on what regularly transpires I guess.

thanks for any input.

cheers,

hey F,

good to see you going strong.

quick question for you if you have time.

you mentioned game theory early on in this thread.this is becoming more apparent to me in my trading.would you be able to go over your understanding of this again when you have time? would it equate to the institutions deciding on a bullish movement for themselves and yet selling sharply firstly to essentially trap the unaware? or would this be defined as something else? the 'randomness' of the markets is being called into question in my own mind and I am just trying to put a label on what regularly transpires I guess.

thanks for any input.

cheers,

Hi flipya4it

I remember going back over 13 yrs ago when I first dabbled in FX being told and also reading everywhere that this market was so large - it could not be manipulated like stocks and shares and it was a genuine open market all down to traders buying and selling etc

In essence - that's correct - but the fact that its not fully regulated - it's being played with and manipulated by the big players as well as the liquidity providers.

Because of this you cannot just depend on Technical analysis and Fundamentals to make accurate assessments - you need also to think with a devious cunning mind on how the gameplay or ploy might pan out

This is were the "gameplay" theory comes into the equation

Lets just say for example there are 2 million traders buying and selling the EU on most days. Maybe 90% of these trader don't matter - their size even grouped together as no real impact on the main moves. Instead just 4 to 7 large Banks control over 60% of the FX markets and they have the ability to move prices against all and sundry.

So although they may compete against each other - as you would expect - they also can mislead the masses by setting up false sentiments and wrong directions with price.

This can happen on both small movements of 10 -30 pips as well as larger moves ranging from 100 to 300+ pips.

For them to make the monies they require they need to be taking money off the rest of the traders participating - and so if they can start a move off and then get the masses or sheeple to join in - at some point its worth for them to exit and allow more traders to "buy in" to a false direction - whilst they go large - changing the direction and gaining at other traders and investors expense.

So we need too be aware of how their "gameplay" works - so that we can take advantage off it.

In a nutshell its all about going against traditional TA methods - ie setting up false patterns and moves that will lead to most traders making a wrong decision and ending up making a loss.

The FX markets are not totally random - there is an order to them and that's why I and i am sure many other retail traders who trade in the "now" are able to basically follow every pip move through out a session. We are followers - but by incorporating price action with price structure at the so called "coalface" (ie the noise or start of every move) we can end up with a higher probability of making a winning trade.

As we know - we are kidding ourselves trying to be 100% accurate and catching every interim daily high or low - but as I and several other traders will testify we can be 70 -85% accurate and then with clever money management - make a lot more money than we risk or lose.

Gameplay means every session - think what you would do to catch all other traditional type traders out

Yesterday was a classic on the EU - a large move against the previous falls and then once all the bulls had joined in above 1050 and 1080 + then the large fall again them .

I will try and explain more with examples later on today or in the week

Hope your trading is going OK and all the best

Regards

F

Hi flipya4it

I remember going back over 13 yrs ago when I first dabbled in FX being told and also reading everywhere that this market was so large - it could not be manipulated like stocks and shares and it was a genuine open market all down to traders buying and selling etc

In essence - that's correct - but the fact that its not fully regulated - it's being played with and manipulated by the big players as well as the liquidity providers.

Because of this you cannot just depend on Technical analysis and Fundamentals to make accurate assessments - you need also to think with a devious cunning mind on how the gameplay or ploy might pan out

This is were the "gameplay" theory comes into the equation

Lets just say for example there are 2 million traders buying and selling the EU on most days. Maybe 90% of these trader don't matter - their size even grouped together as no real impact on the main moves. Instead just 4 to 7 large Banks control over 60% of the FX markets and they have the ability to move prices against all and sundry.

So although they may compete against each other - as you would expect - they also can mislead the masses by setting up false sentiments and wrong directions with price.

This can happen on both small movements of 10 -30 pips as well as larger moves ranging from 100 to 300+ pips.

For them to make the monies they require they need to be taking money off the rest of the traders participating - and so if they can start a move off and then get the masses or sheeple to join in - at some point its worth for them to exit and allow more traders to "buy in" to a false direction - whilst they go large - changing the direction and gaining at other traders and investors expense.

So we need too be aware of how their "gameplay" works - so that we can take advantage off it.

In a nutshell its all about going against traditional TA methods - ie setting up false patterns and moves that will lead to most traders making a wrong decision and ending up making a loss.

The FX markets are not totally random - there is an order to them and that's why I and i am sure many other retail traders who trade in the "now" are able to basically follow every pip move through out a session. We are followers - but by incorporating price action with price structure at the so called "coalface" (ie the noise or start of every move) we can end up with a higher probability of making a winning trade.

As we know - we are kidding ourselves trying to be 100% accurate and catching every interim daily high or low - but as I and several other traders will testify we can be 70 -85% accurate and then with clever money management - make a lot more money than we risk or lose.

Gameplay means every session - think what you would do to catch all other traditional type traders out

Yesterday was a classic on the EU - a large move against the previous falls and then once all the bulls had joined in above 1050 and 1080 + then the large fall again them .

I will try and explain more with examples later on today or in the week

Hope your trading is going OK and all the best

Regards

F

Good stuff.thanks for your time mate

Yeah I'd be interested in some examples as you spot them.I'll keep an eye out next week.

Cheers,

Monday 3rd August 2015 - Pre Opens

Good Morning Guys - and Girls - welcome Sun11

I hope you have all had a great weekend and are ready to start a new trading week and months

Just checking the news calendar and notice we have 2 main red news releases today - one being the UK Pound at 9 30 am UK time

Normal stuff today along with a bit more attention on the UCad and UJ for the benefit of Sun who will be scalping for a start the EU / UCad and UJ pairs for a start - getting used to LR's along with timing and change periods

All contributions on FX trading welcome - charts - calls - forecasts - new ideas - new methods etc etc

First scalp of the morning was after 6 04 am on the EU at the 0980/1 area

Not taken it on the EJ as both looked slow and against the immediate LitS area that i will comment on next

Remember its a Monday - so might be a slow start - I hope not but at least we have a red news announcement - unlike many other Monday mornings

Have a great day - feel free to ask any questions etc- and all the best

Regards

F

6 34 am

Key LitS areas on some main pairs

EU - 0967 - 0987 ish

GU - 5615 - 5638 ish

EJ - 135 95 - 136 20 ish

UJ - 123 90 - 124 05 ish

UChf - 9640 - 9667 ish

UCad - 3100 - 3115 ish

AU - 7300 - 7322 ish

GJ - 193 25 - 193 50 ish

EU

6 41am

Lovely scalp buy on the half hr change at 6 30 am - a key time from 0975

The sell just after 6 00 am dropped approx 6 pips and now the scalp buy is already up 5 pips within 9 mins

Not large moves - as market is slow - but easy to take with just 2 -4 pip stops

Personally - i hope we stay above a support area at 0960 and test 0980 + this morning

Under 0960 then we drop under the LitS area and will be more bearish

6 30 am was the first "sync change" time - ie quite a few pairs all starting new moves around that time - including the EJ and GU

For now the UCad looks bullish above 3120 and the UJ above 124 02 ish

Be careful on the hour at 7 00 am in case we get any spikes off the EO

EU

6 41am

Lovely scalp buy on the half hr change at 6 30 am - a key time from 0975

The sell just after 6 00 am dropped approx 6 pips and now the scalp buy is already up 5 pips within 9 mins

Not large moves - as market is slow - but easy to take with just 2 -4 pip stops

Personally - i hope we stay above a support area at 0960 and test 0980 + this morning

Under 0960 then we drop under the LitS area and will be more bearish

I got this too at 06.30 but just bailed at 5 points as the EO is always fun and games!
Morning F and GL all this week.

Cheers,
Looks like I bailed a bit early, it was stuck for a good few minutes and at that point I felt it could go either way and to bank the win.
Very slow session had just one other trade on fx a AU buy good for 6 points.
Hang Seng gave me a good start to the week.

Must check with Sun 11 if she is running for a start with 2 Lrs or 3 now ?

Already a few scalps have carried on past their first levels - and that's were a third LR on a slower setting will assist - athough initially wanting her to focus on timing - tight stops and only 3 -7 pip moves

6 30 am was the first "sync change" time - ie quite a few pairs all starting new moves around that time - including the EJ and GU

7 08am

missed out initially on the UCad from after 6 00 am

Since then its now risen in just over 1 hr approx 25 pips - got 12 pips out of it

7 13 am

GU

the move started after 6 30 am and now its just made 13 pips before a 5 pip pullback

the PA is tricky - and is being clearly manipulated atm so not an easy pair atm compared to some of the others

EJ

7 17 am

My favourite pair and its not been too bad

a scalp buy after 6 30 am and then a sell after 6 57 am - just before the EO

Bounces staying under 136 20 are sells again for now

Going to be spending 10 mins on Sun's thread answering a few questions

Back after 7 30 am and then out this morning at 8 30 am for maybe 45 mins or so

EU was nice really - PA and LRs and time all came together with no silly spikes etc

That was an easy 7 -9 pip job - similar with EJ

hi all

ok the usd had a late bull run last week.............then sunday night opening supported that and relatively bull today so far

usd ? - bull it is for me at moment

N

Attachments

• usd bull.JPG
    usd bull.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.