Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, trading Dax at open with a 10p s/l is quite an odd one shall we say.
Plus only qualified mates can post, so it's a bit meh!

I dont think I would qualify - probably that's good as i would only be fortune telling on strange instruments lol

ok guys thats me finished for today -------- all the best and catch up again ( not that anyone will be interested was out of that last trade @ 5.30

Nice EU M5 sell bar

EURUSDM5.png

Sorry F, I am corrupting your thread slightly... :eek:

KTs ever out of synch but still present?

Good evening if anyone is still out there.

I have been struggling a bit today where the market hasn't quite done what I assumed it will do so trying to analyze a bit and will this can very well just be imagination it seems as if the KTs on the GU wasn't quite where I expected them to be on several occasions.

I have checked a number of moves and they seemed to start rather on hh:15/16 or hh:35/36 than hh:21 and hh:39 respectively. Is it just in my head or is it something that happens sometimes and should be kept in mind?

Have a nice w/e
Jon

Good evening if anyone is still out there.

I have been struggling a bit today where the market hasn't quite done what I assumed it will do so trying to analyze a bit and will this can very well just be imagination it seems as if the KTs on the GU wasn't quite where I expected them to be on several occasions.

I have checked a number of moves and they seemed to start rather on hh:15/16 or hh:35/36 than hh:21 and hh:39 respectively. Is it just in my head or is it something that happens sometimes and should be kept in mind?

Have a nice w/e
Jon

Hi Jon

My main 2 TW's based on the hour frame change and the half hr frame charge have always worked for over 7 years and became more apparent to me the last 4/5 years when I checked over a 6 months period the most common scalp turn points

I then ended up with 6 key times and 2 which did occur - but not so much - ie 15 mins past and quarter to the hour.

The most common change was just after the hour to 9 mins past.

I allowed 9 mins either side as the window and found out that in the 2 x18 min windows ie 36 mins out of 60 mins - over 85% of all turns happened in this 60% time period and that the most common changes were at 0 - 9 - 21 - 30 - 39 - 51.

These time are not set in stone - a min either way is still OK - so you focus in a time window and look for the correct price level and quick LR's to say - buy or sells

Remember though - nothing will work 100% on its own - you need a combination of events - ie the correct price at a S or R in a time window with PA saying within 30 -60 seconds that a change is underway

If today you have noticed a few at quarter past - or even quarter too - it does happen - i tend to think with different liquidity providers - and i am sure their supercomputers would want a variance going on to help smooth out new orders or existing orders being closed

If you get a price at an important price level meet at say 9 34 or 9 36 am - take it dont wait until 9 39 am for confirmation - but if all lined up say exactly at 10 20 or 21 - then it as a good 80%+ probability of working and ended up with a new move worth over 5 pips

the stronger KT's happen when 3 or more pairs all sync together .

This as happened a few times today - leading to larger moves of over 20 + pips

So as a conclusion - I would say please don't just depend on one or two clues - ideally 3 or more are needed for the higher probability and making sure your entry leads to hardly any minus pips before it goes into a profit enabling you to use only 5 pips or less stops - meaning just a 10 pip result is a RR of approx 2

If you can get 7 out of 10 correct on entries you will be doing well

I reckon you will need at least 500 tries to get to this level or better - just ask Major Magnum when he gets back off holiday - but once he got his timing right - he now thinks any win ratio lower than 80% is poor ;-)

All the best Jon and have a great weekend

Regards

F

Status
Not open for further replies.