Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 10 pm#

EU

now 1017 / 20 and 25 are all support areas as well as 1040 which is now above

i cannot see it back over 1065/70 - but will wait to see a good price linking with a time before i sell again

Selling EU on M5 - all green trades are me selling - Red neg trades are me screwing up Buying EU on M1 earlier - honestly not meant to be a crit of M1 though, I have learnt plenty trying to trade it, and I am not saying I am ditching M1 either - just seeing how it might work on M5.

View attachment 195478

Actually, red trades were me trying to sell early - being a smart **** - and not using tight stops, which M1 demands!

Selling EU on M5 - all green trades are me selling - Red neg trades are me screwing up Buying EU on M1 earlier - honestly not meant to be a crit of M1 though, I have learnt plenty trying to trade it, and I am not saying I am ditching M1 either - just seeing how it might work on M5.

View attachment 195478

Use both whilst getting use to 1 min

It will take 300 -500 hrs to really get into the 1 min flows - so even at say 30 hrs a week then thats like a few months etc

You will know when you have cracked it - even quick moves seem to happen in slow motion

4 18PM

I want to sell the EU again but also wary of 30 min rule from 4 03 pm and the fact it could easily try up to 55-70 area still

So will just wait atm

Use both whilst getting use to 1 min

It will take 300 -500 hrs to really get into the 1 min flows - so even at say 30 hrs a week then thats like a few months etc

You will know when you have cracked it - even quick moves seem to happen in slow motion

Interestingly, at the same time as taking the M5 positions, I was analysing M1, to see how it looked technically - which helped me get out of the 14.09 sell with an ok profit, but no loss, and kept me in the 14.51 sell, where the rems caught +43 - ironic in a sense, as really, you could just argue if you can analyse M1 well enough, just trade M1 - but somehow I screw up the entries too often... for now at least :)

Last edited:
Where's Tar nowadays? Haven't noticed any postings from him recently!!

Hi Watsone,

I think he has a journal thread going somewhere, either that or he has retired on his multi million pip account - and I wouldn't blame him if he had! ;)

Where's Tar nowadays? Haven't noticed any postings from him recently!!

Hi watsone

He's set up another thread - mainly posting indices trades

Trouble is - they dont look that good - although the FX ones hes take n there have been OK

Never traded indices - so have not got a clue with them - but I would have thought we would only trade the instruments that make him the most money - so baffled

Hope all is well with your trading and you have had a good week

Regards

F

I think now over 54 is more scalp buys with sells the under 70/75

No over 54 + then maybe it will fizzle out and then try under 1030 and 25

the over 30 min as gone with no break under 1025

now it needs another 20 min plus to try if it is going too - or it will stay bullish

Ok, lets see - looks quite sideways on M1 atm - I would be happy to sell higher in theory, but not buying.

I guess we need solid breaks above 50 ish to consider buying?

Ok, lets see - looks quite sideways on M1 atm - I would be happy to sell higher in theory, but not buying.

I guess we need solid breaks above 50 ish to consider buying?

I would buy above 54/55 and then look at it trying 75 ish

i agree prefer to sell - but get the feeling its staying in range from 1030 to 1080

If we do come out of it then under 1030 and 25 would be worth selling

Hi watsone

He's set up another thread - mainly posting indices trades

Trouble is - they dont look that good - although the FX ones hes take n there have been OK

Never traded indices - so have not got a clue with them - but I would have thought we would only trade the instruments that make him the most money - so baffled

Hope all is well with your trading and you have had a good week

Regards

F

Yup, trading Dax at open with a 10p s/l is quite an odd one shall we say.
Plus only qualified mates can post, so it's a bit meh!

I would buy above 54/55 and then look at it trying 75 ish

i agree prefer to sell - but get the feeling its staying in range from 1030 to 1080

If we do come out of it then under 1030 and 25 would be worth selling

Ok, thanks for the advice.

30+ mins sideways - BTTZ now I guess... which may just break as I type...

Status
Not open for further replies.