Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I do, I always have a SL, when the trade is entered , I place a SL of what I want to lose max (bracket order), about 10 pips. That gives me peace of mind

Then it is adjusted to my technical level, (which is normally less) and above my signal bar (for short), if the entry bar is a nice bear trendbar I trail my SL above the entry bar, now that will be risk.

Depending on the market condition, but I normally take half off at double my risk, sometime if I feel is going to be a strong day I will not take any off and just trail my SL below the latest swing high till stopped out.

Last edited:
Thursday 27th November 2014 - Pre Opens

Good Morning to all FX Intraday Traders

Unusual day - ie we have some important meetings going on and the ECB President speaking - but also have the US off with a Bank Holiday.

Although we have times of Draghi's speech - some of the meetings are all day - and so we have to be on our guard at all new hour changes - in case something is leaked out unexpected etc - to catch all and sundry out.

Normally the unknown money dumps enter the markets in the time windows - but in most cases exactly on the hour or possibly on the half hr change - so be aware - just in case we do get any.

Normal stuff - and all are welcome to comment with regards to anything connected with the Forex markets etc

Have a good day

Regards

F

EU

Scalp buy above 2505 - from 6 30 am TW

We need above 16 and 35 to hold the buy on - otherwise take what you can make on a scalp

Will update further after the hour change

6 55am

GU

Price at 5794 and atm in a range between approx 5770 and 5810 - approx 40 pips

Structure favours higher and tests above 5800+ whilst we stay above 5780/85 - but 5800 -05 is a R area atm

Not in any scalp on GU atm but will review again at end of hr TW

Good morning all.

Morning Night Flight

Have a good day

Out at 7 40 am approx for 45 mins approx and then around most of morning

Do not expect after UK Lunch to be that busy - with US off - but will be checking still - as you just never know etc

So really will hope to have caught most of my gains before midday today

Regards

F

7 01 am

EJ had been the better scalp buy from the 6 30 TW - but instead of taking that pair went with just the EU and so far its topped with another LH at 2513 - short of what was required.

Above 2506 will stay with 30% on - but already banked 70% at 2511

7 04 am

EJ

It topped on last move up at 146 90 /91

Under 147 00 - I am looking at scalp selling - as structure favours lower atm

If we do go above 147 06 and 12 then stay with scalp buys - as it might be turning

Noticing that we have dollar weakness - with the EU / GU / AU etc still favouring tests up and the Uchf and Ucad seeing prices fall

The market is still very slow atm - so with me popping out in 30 mins - am only scalping for 2- 7 pips atm - until we see proper moves

From the look of it, it's going to be a very slow day. Sadly for many it can be a dangerous situation, triggering many whipsaws, if overtrading.

From the look of it, it's going to be a very slow day. Sadly for many it can be a dangerous situation, triggering many whipsaws, if overtrading.

I always remember in the last 5 years - one of my busiest days - when I made 409 pips in the day on 24 trades - was July 4th 2013

Yes Independence Day - and a US Bank holiday ;-)

Remember - the market always tries to catch out - and on the surface I agree - it might be slow this afternoon - but dont rule out the unexpected;)

The key will be around 1 30 pm to 4 00 pm UK time

If that section is slow - then would just check after 5 or 6 pm

What ever happens - GL

Regards

7 23 am

A new TW in last 2 mins

EU so far at 2524

GU made 5825 - missed so many pips on that pair

EJ -at 146 97 - and want to sell as well as planned if I can

AU 8600 - over 15 pips up last 40 mins

Got to get ready to pop out next

Noticing that we have dollar weakness - with the EU / GU / AU etc still favouring tests up and the Uchf and Ucad seeing prices fall

The market is still very slow atm - so with me popping out in 30 mins - am only scalping for 2- 7 pips atm - until we see proper moves

morning all

F is correct ..........the usd has now entered its third day of net weakness and already USD is back below the weeks low .....

sell

N

7 39 am

See you approx 8 30 am

EJ - its dropped 15 pip so far - only made 6 pips - but already been a busy hour for me

GL and be careful at 8 00 am and LO

Status
Not open for further replies.