Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - so GFT UK and FXPro are not brokers then

If you want to carry on being pedantic - or a a multi nic - thats fine

As you suggest please go to Baby pips and join you pals

BYE

show me where this broker say that is a Tick chart !!

you will have 1 - ~ Tick Charts, but you will never have all 30 sec the same Ticks as you show at your pic, because sometimes in a second there is no tick and sometimes there are many!

don't know why you can't say " oh pardon, I have the wrong chart " but I know I forget you are an Expert.

haha

wish you a funny time, that's my last here

I can turn my chart to a line chart if you look upon that as more of a tick chart

You can still have bars and candles as well as lines or even tick dots on my set up

For me any chart under 1 min is showing movements quicker and then not so much lag

Whether is called a tick or a 10 second or a 30 second etc - I am not really bothered - I am not a great theorist - I am a TRADER

A line chart is not a tick chart , you are mixing between time based charts and tick charts they are different ...

to clear up any confusion, Tick charts aren't actually time bound at all, but rather they are price quote bound. Tick charts draw a new bar after a set number of trades, for example after every 20 trades.
15 tick chart does not = 15 second chart.

Reactions: tar

you will have 1 - ~ Tick Charts, but you will never have all 30 sec the same Ticks as you show at your pic, because sometimes in a second there is no tick and sometimes there are many!

don't know why you can't say " oh pardon, I have the wrong chart " but I know I forget you are an Expert.

haha

have a fun time :D

Attachments

• Ticks.JPG
    Ticks.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 106
Tick Charts

haha

Hey need - u needs to go learn up about tick charts. MT4 doesn't have them - that graph ticking up and down is of no real use to anyone that I know of. Check out the pic from FxPro cTrader. It is a "real" 10 tick chart.

Charts will vary as FX has no centralised exchange. So it depends on your brokers feed.

Volume in FX is only tick volume - 10 ticks means there have 10 price changes in the bar.

Back to school buddy.

Attachments

• UJ 10T.png
    UJ 10T.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 95
But a 15 second chart is different to a 15 tick chart

I have no real preference

Anything that is quicker than a 3 min or 5 min chart for scalping my method

EJ - after it dumped my free trade by just over 1 pip - another high at 140 75

In time window - so we can look at this one

UK - GU news at 9 30am - so also will look at GU

Price is like water on a chart

It will always find the holes in the support or resistance buckets - then its either filled up and stopped - or it opens the holes more and just flow through

All my S & R''s are interim levels in the now - far better than Fibs - Murray maths or other forecasting methods - they are just not so accurate

Remember static fixed analysis - is dead analysis - you need to be totally dynamic - with the flows

agreed..............and is just a relevent if you watch individual currency prices as I do using strengthmeters .........(y)

what broker charts are you on again F ?............i'm on FXCM live but best I can get is 1 mins on Mt4 .............works ok but always happy to upgrade to faster

N

But a 15 second chart is different to a 15 tick chart

I have no real preference

Anything that is quicker than a 3 min or 5 min chart for scalping my method

i'm using 1 mins with a little support from 5mins on FXCM live Mt4..... (y)

EJ - 75 was high at 8 53 am - 2 mins in window

Then 728 3 mins later was a LH - so that said - scalp sell

Need to stay under 73 and make under 64 to hold any scalp sells on

In fairness, when using such a short bar interval, and unless it's an exceptionally busy period with a huge number of transactions going through, a 15 second chart will be pretty damn similar to a 15 tick chart to look at.
But whatever. I'm just bored waiting for the CL to start moving.
Have a good day (I know that there's a chance that I might. Possibly)

agreed..............and is just a relevent if you watch individual currency prices as I do using strengthmeters .........(y)

what broker charts are you on again F ?............i'm on FXCM live but best I can get is 1 mins on Mt4 .............works ok but always happy to upgrade to faster

N

i used Intellicharts Pro for 4 yrs but they where $100 per month

Best charts for me atm are FXPro - but not best broker - so trade with FXP and Dukascopy

I had used to love GFT's tick charts - but now find FXPros better

In fairness, when using such a short bar interval, and unless it's an exceptionally busy period with a huge number of transactions going through, a 15 second chart will be pretty damn similar to a 15 tick chart to look at.
But whatever. I'm just bored waiting for the CL to start moving.
Have a good day (I know that there's a chance that I might. Possibly)

You will (y)

EJ - 75 was high at 8 53 am - 2 mins in window

Then 728 3 mins later was a LH - so that said - scalp sell

Need to stay under 73 and make under 64 to hold any scalp sells on

EJ was lively

No 64 - stopped at 67 - and 69 scalp buy but missed it

Made 78 - and then caught another scalp sells at 75

All with help of time window and LR's on tick or 1 min

GU - with approx 25 mins to news - its been rising last 3 hrs - but was messy

Hitting a r at 92 and under 6700

Last edited:
GU - on pullbacks under 92 or 6700 - you can scalp buy again above 77

Its up to you if you scalp sell in between

Over 6700+ then would be getting nearer 9 30 am - so would not want to stay with it after 9 25 am say if it kept rising

Status
Not open for further replies.