Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
The EJ as remained a scalp buy above its low at 140 25 - now at 140 50 - so lock some profit in - or take all off if concerned about any news effect

Do you get the feeling at the 9 30 am UK news in approx 25 mins - the GU will go back up again ??

It might tease under 6680 - even down to 70 - but then back over 6700 - I reckon - up again

Would only be looking at scalp selling more under 6660 I reckon - but not just with a spike - if that takes place

EA up at 5233 - and I am very pleased to say I have got some more off that pair with a scalp buy - will hold 30% above 5203

I not sure what will going on, will listen the news and make after I see PA decision.

I always not trade the news,I only trade after news :)

I not sure what will going on, will listen the news and make after I see PA decision.

I always not trade the news,I only trade after news :)

Yes - I am the same normally

I do sometime put a trade wrap in - with a buy above a price and a sell under another price - but on much reduced stakes

As you say I prefer to wait and see PA and then try and get in after the event

EU - well what do you expect other than teasing and manipulation on this pair.

OK - you can scalp it - but far nicer pairs to trade really

EU - well what do you expect other than teasing and manipulation on this pair.

have to wait, if the banks and broker see enough stops to reach, then will come a bigger move.

may the news in ~1 hour german ZEW will be the trigger

Last edited:
have to wait, if the banks and broker see enough stops to reach, then will come a bigger move.

may the news in ~1 hour german ZEW will be the trigger

Yes agree 10 am EU news could be well used

Unfortunately will not be at desk - as out at 9 .45 for about 45 mins on other business - shame

GU - bounced at 6658 and now within 2 mins back at 6677 - needs over 83 and 90 really to think about holding any scalp buys on for 6700 plus again

Out in 10 mins - but will be back some time next hr

GL and be careful on 10 00 am news

Hi Pete

OK - let me address each part of your questions

Firstly the additional cost of taking multiple trades - when I was training to become an accountant over 30 yrs ago - one of my mentors who was very business orientated said - don't just look at cutting costs all the while - as you may end up worse off and not realise even if you reduce the cost base or the overheads by say 30% - you might end up halving the turnover - and ending up worse off ;-)

So bearing this is mind - yes I would prefer to pay only say for example $1000 a month on all spread and commission cost than say $5000 - you are better off surely ??

But think about it - you are only interested in your net gains -so if you got away paying say only $1k to your brokers - and say making $9k net - are you better off than paying say $4k to your broker - but making $18 k net ?

Yes - making more trades costs you more - BUT you only take more trades if you have a high win ratio and a positive RR - so if you take say 80 trades in a week instead of just 10 trades - you will pay out more - but similar you should end up with a lot higher net gain

I could reduce my own brokers bill by half by cutting out on say 40 trades a week - but if out those 40 extra trades - 30 make a net positive profit after costs - I end up with more money

Thats the whole point of trading - we would all like to earn more net money after all our costs

I would agree scalping for 1 to 3 pips only is expensive - that's why I prefer trying to make 7 -25+ pip trades - higher RR's and more profit - I would prefer to make 50 or 100 pips a trade - but not if I need 30 -50 pip stops and it takes 4 -8 hrs to achieve my target - instead of only 15 -30 mins

I hope that as put that first question to bed and if I ever end up paying my broker say $20k a month - it means I will be earning an awful lot of money :D

Next question - the 70% and the 30% free trade concept

When you scalp you have targets - but sometimes 12 pip scalp - might retrace say 9 pips and then go up another 15 pips and then retrace say 6 pips etc etc and 2 hrs later its made 46 pips - all from an initial 5 pip stop

But during that journey - it could have easily stopped at say 21 pips and reversed 37 pips the other way

So the way around it is to take 70% of your stake off at say 5 - 10 or ideally 15+ pips - and then leave 30% on as a free trade with your stop already in profit - whether it be just 3 pips or 9 pips in profit

You then cannot lose what ever happens/ You can also add to it again as well - ok extra cost of a trade - but again irrelevant if it makes you more money

So you dont have to babysit or worry about the trade so much as its a winner what ever happens

Obviously you want to to go on and make treble the pips you made on the 70% - ie if you made 12 pips on 70% and the 30% then goes on to make in total 36 pips - you have made more money on 30% stake - than on the main scalp stake at 70% - and would you want to leave all your stake on and manage it for an hr or 2 and then find out you get worried when it pulls back 9 pips and you pull the whole trade for only say 3 pips - after being up over 15 pips ??

So the free trade - 25 -35 % concept of leaving that part of the stake on can be very efficient and make you a lot of pips

In my case in 2012 I was very fortunate to have a"free trade" stake make me over 1000 pips on one trade in approx 3 months - - during that time I reduced down to only 10% - and scalped against myself on higher stake sizes etc - but it was great to know - even if the trade came back against me 150 pips or so - it was still in profit

I generally find out of every 10 scalps - at least 2-3 should work with a free trade earning more than the initial scalp

I appreciate it might be difficult to get your head around some of the MM ways I work - as they are not the normal standard stuff you will read about - but I can assure they do work - but like everything in trading - not every time :)

Hope that helps Pete

Regards

F

Thanks F for taking the time answering my question and helping me. What you're saying does make sense. Yep it is a different way, for me anyways of looking at MM especially when I review the number of trades that MM takes some days, but it is about win ratio and rr, and focusing on the profit net of the costs.

Pete

that is not a pullback at all on the news candle, is totally coming back.
so no trade for me.

I will wait the next 80 min to the german news.

I outside and take a sunbathe

some wrong at my timing news now near

Last edited:
Hi guys

Been away from desk twice now in last 90 mins - but back now for an hr or so

I am glad my answer helped you Pete and FX you were right on GU - totally turned back up to 6700 area and so far 6709

Need under 94 and 89 to hold on any scalp sells you take with more supports at 80 -82 area

EU - so far been up to 3734/5 and presently above 25 still scalp bullish

Needback under 23 and 18 to be holding any scalp sells taken on pullbacks

Above 38 and 42 more scalp buys

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.