Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks F, my point was that you seemed to call it before the price printed, was looking at reversal in the time window myself at that time. EU 0 3748 interim high - under there scalp sell. What was your sell entry ?

Is the +25pip move significant...are there some learnings attached. Saw you posted somewhere concerning a +20

No i did not get scalp sell until 36457 - with 48 being high - I needed to see at least a 2 pip pullback at that time - but my quick LR's were also going over at 45 anyway.

Yes when you get a quick move up against the trend - then normally its false.

By bouncing up - market took bears out and then got bulls in - and then fried them

Perfect double whammy job - the market loves catching both bulls and bears out together - as it screws traders minds seeing it - and unnerves them

Thats why I like over analysis - rather than not enough to try an work out the game play set up's ;-))

So to carry on reading EU - low at 3593 and HL at 35945 and then HH at 3602, - now any pullback needs to stay above 96

3606 was a R area - so take 70% off there - and if it tries higher next R at 3610/12 area - a tough one

Last edited:
EU - price at 3598 and I need it to stay above 96 to look at buys again. We are now in time window again as well

If price does not stay above 96 - I would need 94 and 92 to be scalp selling again - or holding any on under 3601

EU - we now need to stay above 35995 and try over 3608 and then you have another HH and HL

if we dont stay over 35995 - then - it possible that price will stay in this BT zone again - just continually teasing us

Had it try 35993 - ;-)) - now we need over 3603 and 5 and we will try up again.

If not 99 will go and then its up to 96 to offer support

life returning to relative normality for me by Monday, so i look forward to doing some long uninterrupted sessions.

yes - I might be away for a few days in January - ie long weekends etc

But look forward to getting some 4 hr+ sessions in - today - I did not miss much - but no session over really 2 - 3 hrs

F,

In hindsight, a very interesting first day trying to follow you. How you trade, type and watch multiple pairs is extremely impressive. My questions are ----

Earlier in the session I asked a question for your entry reasons, and suggested pa and s/r....but your answer also had LR. Could you share your LR settings. I would rather know what your prepared to share from the 'get-go'

Post last night mentioned.....game play - would you explain

OB and OS....is this an RSI...you mentioned a setting of 2 on 30mins...but don't always check it...so is your OB/OS on the tick chart and what settings

Comment made - ''Normal charts lie . They are set up by market with false sentiment to get you trading the wrong direction''..........normal as in what, are you referring to obvious s/r, trendlines, HOD, obvious pivot points and maybe all outside the time windows or instead price without LR's to support/confirm

My thoughts is to spend the first few weeks just watching (something which will be a first for me !), then demo, then live. Also to narrow down my focus in terms of pairs to watch, this will mean I can focus better on what your saying on those pairs and to determine my own thoughts on the particular pairs.

I see my journey as been able to improve through learning from you, by determining that some of my old rules on short timeframes are not valid, and removing them, keeping others that work, and absorbing of yours what feel comfortable.

Thinking of EU AND GU as pairs to focus on, but, should be based on smooth pa. Not sure there is such a thing as one pair been smoother than another 'on average'. I shall bow to your experience and judgement.

Cheers,
Pete

Last edited:
F,

In hindsight, a very interesting first day trying to follow you. How you trade, type and watch multiple pairs is extremely impressive. My questions are ----

Earlier in the session I asked a question for your entry reasons, and suggested pa and s/r....but your answer also had LR. Could you share your LR settings, otherwise a piece will remain missing. I would rather know what your prepared to share from the 'get-go'

Post last night mentioned.....game play - would you explain

OB and OS....is this an RSI...you mentioned a setting of 2 on 30mins...but don't always check it...so is your OB/OS on the tick chart and what settings

Comment made - ''Normal charts lie . They are set up by market with false sentiment to get you trading the wrong direction''..........normal as in what, are you referring to obvious s/r, trendlines, HOD, obvious pivot points and maybe all outside the time windows or instead price without LR's to support/confirm

My thoughts is to spend the first few weeks just watching (something which will be a first for me !), then demo, then live. Also to narrow down my focus in terms of pairs to watch, this will mean I can focus better on what your saying on those pairs and to determine my own thoughts on the particular pairs.

I see my journey as been able to improve through learning from you, by determining that some of my old rules on short timeframes are not valid, and removing them, keeping others that work, and absorbing of yours what feel comfortable.

Thinking of EU AND GU as pairs to focus on, but, should be based on smooth pa. Is there such a thing as one pair been smoother than another 'on average'. Can you advise

Hi Pete

Yes will share my LR setting - in fact have done already in a Linear Regression thread in I think TA forum ?? - need to check

EU can be a pain to trade - as it "played" with the most

AU is a nice pair with easier flows and then swissy and GU / EJ /EA - you need to be quick - as they can be volatile etc

Major on 1 or 2 and then watch up to a max of 5 in case one pair is a lot easier than others

Yes MM - got into quickly - after a few weeks of following charts - and then its just doing the time - watching paint dry for most of the time - until you start to read price at the "coalface"

It can be done - and yes i can help you short cut - rather than spend another 3- 5 yrs getting there.

Regards

F

Hi Pete

Yes will share my LR setting - in fact have done already in a Linear Regression thread in I think TA forum ?? - need to check

EU can be a pain to trade - as it "played" with the most

AU is a nice pair with easier flows and then swissy and GU / EJ /EA - you need to be quick - as they can be volatile etc

Major on 1 or 2 and then watch up to a max of 5 in case one pair is a lot easier than others

Yes MM - got into quickly - after a few weeks of following charts - and then its just doing the time - watching paint dry for most of the time - until you start to read price at the "coalface"

It can be done - and yes i can help you short cut - rather than spend another 3- 5 yrs getting there.

Regards

F

Nice one F.

Cheers,
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.